Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-01-2011   #1
SpringTexan
Rookie

Default Stupid Celebrations

I don't know if there is a thread on this yet, but if there is just close this one.

Anyway, is anyone else getting really tired of players doing dances or things of those nature after plays that aren't touchdowns? Like against the Ravens on Monday night Schaub got sacked and the end got up and did 10 second dance. Yeah, it was good play, but it wasn't a TD or anything. Also, receiver sometimes get a 10 yard catch and they go crazy. Even after a tackle for a loss they go crazy. Im fine with celebrating after a TD, but otherwise act like you've done something good before.
SpringTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #2
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stupid Celebrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringTexan View Post
I don't know if there is a thread on this yet, but if there is just close this one.

Anyway, is anyone else getting really tired of players doing dances or things of those nature after plays that aren't touchdowns? Like against the Ravens on Monday night Schaub got sacked and the end got up and did 10 second dance. Yeah, it was good play, but it wasn't a TD or anything. Also, receiver sometimes get a 10 yard catch and they go crazy. Even after a tackle for a loss they go crazy. Im fine with celebrating after a TD, but otherwise act like you've done something good before.
Ah man, the one that gets me is when a WR will drop an easy pass, and the CB will start strutting around as if letting him be open to make the catch was in the gameplan.

Old 01-01-2011   #3
SpringTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Ah man, the one that gets me is when a WR will drop an easy pass, and the CB will start strutting around as if letting him be open to make the catch was in the gameplan.

LOL. I forgot that one too.
SpringTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's yet another reason baseball rules on Planet Showtime.
Old 01-01-2011   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post

Hmm.... considering our play this season, I think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringTexan View Post

I think it's really stupid that they allow crap like that, and the Jared Allen WWF style celebration after a sack, but using the football as a prop for a TD celebration is considered 'excessive'. I wish they would just lighten up on the celebration penalties in general, as I like seeing my guys do something after scoring. I don't care if the opponents do it too, but players should be allowed to celebrate the scores. It's a big deal to score a TD in the NFL.
Old 01-02-2011   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the QB should jump up and dance around after he gets sacked.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2011   #8
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

Showboating has always irritated the hell out of me. What's even more irritating is when the players start showboating and they're losing. Drives me nuts. Quit showboating and play the f*($(#' game...
Old 01-02-2011   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite is when a defensive player goes nuts after a big hit, but the offensive player gained a first down on a big play.
Old 01-02-2011   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the ones where a D player make a good play and will run over anyone in his way to start showboating. Some players do this before the whistle is even blown. A big-time play in a big-time situation, I can go with. Showboating for simply doing what you're paid to do, I can't stand.
I have a term for it, but I won't be sharing it here.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #11
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

My personal favorite is when a player makes a good play and his teammates come to hug/celebrate with them, then that player proceeds to push his teammates out of the way so that he can do some preplanned dance number by himself. Never mind the fact that the Oline just opened up a gigantic hole for you, this is your TD to celebrate alone damnit!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read