Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2011   #1
Mixgosu
Rookie

Rep Power: 37 Mixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Grade Cushing's Season ( I give him an D)

Wow, I have never seen a year on year decline in performance as I did with Cushing..and possibly Merriman
Mixgosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #2
SpringTexan
Rookie

Default Re: Grade Cushing's Season ( I give him an D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixgosu View Post
Wow, I have never seen a year on year decline in performance as I did with Cushing..and possibly Merriman
And Steve Slaton.

To be fair to Cushing he was moved around and was gone for four games. He never really had a chance to get settled in.
SpringTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #3
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pollard???
Old 01-01-2011   #4
Mixgosu
Rookie

Rep Power: 37 Mixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Pollard's was a function of the secondary being soo awful
Old 01-01-2011   #5
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, with that being said, Cushings was a function of the defense being so awful.

Chicken or the egg????
Old 01-01-2011   #6
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

That's not a fair grade. He missed games, got moved around, and was part of a defense that failed to create big-play opportunity. Despite that, he still had some big games.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #7
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
I dont buy that at all. There is always bright spots in crappy defenses. Every time Pollard was asked to cover as opposed to the limited blitzes that we sent him on, he was continually getting burned or blowing coverage.

Also, he missed numerous tackles that didnt seem as apparent last season. Maybe I didnt notice last season, but Ive been glued this year.

Am I the only seeing this???
Old 01-01-2011   #8
Mixgosu
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
That's not a fair grade. He missed games, got moved around, and was part of a defense that failed to create big-play opportunity. Despite that, he still had one game.
fixed it for ya
Old 01-01-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

All Cushing's stats changed drastically for the worst when he went from pregnant last year to just plain feminine this year.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringTexan View Post
To be fair to Cushing he was moved around and was gone for four games. He never really had a chance to get settled in.
Quote:
That's not a fair grade. He missed games, got moved around, and was part of a defense that failed to create big-play opportunity. Despite that, he still had some big games.
Two letters for ya, BS.
Old 01-01-2011   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would give him a C

Next yr we will see if it was OTA syndrome or the juice.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #12
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, if the guy was out four games due to injury I would be more lenient in grading him; however, any missed time was solely brought about by his own actions so a C- seems appropriate.
Old 01-01-2011   #13
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

C+. Hopefully he doesn't overtrain or find anymore tumors this offseason.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #14
SpringTexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Two letters for ya, BS.
How so?
SpringTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
All Cushing's stats changed drastically for the worst when he went from pregnant last year to just plain feminine this year.
Nice! LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #16
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringTexan View Post
How so?
Cushing was a piece of **** this year IMO. I give him an F.
Old 01-01-2011   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to call it "Incomplete".
Old 01-01-2011   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
fixed it for ya
I'm surprised that someone so clever didn't stop to do a little homework before talking out his ass:

2009:

Games: 16
Tackles: 134
Yards for loss: 41
Interceptions: 4
Forced Fumbles: 2
Sacks: 5
Passes deflected: 10

2010:

Games: 11
Tackles: 71
Yards for loss: 12
Interceptions: 0
Forced Fumbles: 1
Sacks: 2
Passes deflected: 4

That's after missing four games, playing MLB at least two games, and with the worst secondary in the NFL giving him no support.

Comparing Cushing's 2010 stats to those of the other OLB, Zach Diles:

Games: 14
Tackles: 79
Yards for loss: 0
Forced Fumbles: 0
Sacks: 0
Passes deflected: 0

Stick to the Dragonball forums if you're not going to support your arguments.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #19
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
I'm surprised that someone so clever didn't stop to do a little homework before talking out his ass:

2009:

Games: 16
Tackles: 134
Yards for loss: 41
Interceptions: 4
Forced Fumbles: 2
Sacks: 5
Passes deflected: 10

2010:

Games: 11
Tackles: 71
Yards for loss: 12
Forced Fumbles: 1
Sacks: 2
Passes deflected: 4

That's after missing four games, playing MLB at least two games, and with the worst secondary in the NFL giving him no support.

Comparing Cushing's 2010 stats to those of the other OLB, Zach Diles:

Games: 14
Tackles: 79
Yards for loss: 0
Forced Fumbles: 0
Sacks: 0
Passes deflected: 0

Stick to the Dragonball forums if you're not going to support your arguments.
'A' on the illustration of stats. The inside out, pathetic defense, and missed games helped to contribute to his less than stellar year. The Texans have bigger problems.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #20
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

In overall terms: B-

However if you compare it to last years game and add that level of expectation C-.

He missed 4 games, was moved around, lost a Pro-Bowler beside him and played next to several different guys. Its easy to overlook knowing what the guy beside you is gonna do.

I was dissappointed in some plays I keyed in to Cushing on this year, last year he would have blown the other guy up, this year he got burned a couple of times.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read