Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2011   #1
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL.com interview with John Mclain

Not sure if its been posted with so many similar threads around here but if it has then ignore/delete this.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...k-keep-his-job
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL.com interview with John Mclain

LOST AND FOUND

LOST: John McClain's neck

Reward offered if found: 2 donuts and a milkshake.

FOUND: Same ole digested and regurgitated boring McClain material.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25261 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
LOST AND FOUND

LOST: John McClain's neck

Reward offered if found: 2 donuts and a milkshake.

FOUND: Same ole digested and regurgitated boring McClain material.
I don't know why McClain still has any credibility.
Old 01-01-2011   #4
Heath Shuler
maybe not

Section: 521
Rep Power: 34640 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

He sure can backpedal for a fat man.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #5
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesus he has balooned
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
He sure can backpedal for a fat man.
too bad our CB's shuffle instead of backpedaling, or kareems spot might be in trouble
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Anyone have any doubt this interview was arranged by the Texans PR machine. Looks like it was conducted in the press room at Reliant Stadium.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2011   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25261 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Anyone have any doubt this interview was arranged by the Texans PR machine. Looks like it was conducted in the press room at Reliant Stadium.
They do this every year. The Texans are not part of it, other than in McClain's dreams.
Old 01-01-2011   #9
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 17619 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

HOLY CRAP I THINK WE FOUND OUR BIG DT FOR THE 3-4 DEFENSE!!!!!!

Rick pay the man!!!!!

I ussually don't like to make fun of someones weight but everyone else was doing it so it felt right.....
Old 01-02-2011   #10
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never understood all the hatred towards McClain. The man just states his opinion and fans bash him relentlessly. Justice I can see as he intentionally flip flops and tries to be inflammatory.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I've never understood all the hatred towards McClain. The man just states his opinion and fans bash him relentlessly. Justice I can see as he intentionally flip flops and tries to be inflammatory.
You haven't noticed McClain flip flopping like a gigged flounder?
Old 01-02-2011   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain is little more than a paid shill for the Texans at this point. They use him as their mouthpiece when they want a story to have legs because he's the most recognizable Houston sports writer (mostly because he's visible from space). For his part I think he's just happy with the information the spoon out to him. It helps him try to maintain the illusion that he's an "insider" of some sort.

With him writing non-stop about it and talking to anyone who will listen I'm sure he's right and it will be the Gary & Wade show next year. John never beats the drum for a story this hard unless he knows it's going to happen.

I'm waiting for the announcement and then I'm out.
Old 01-02-2011   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post

After reading him for years I've noticed a general decline in the quality of his writing along with a gradual change in attitude toward being an insufferable jackass. The guy drones on and on about crap nobody cares about (Baylor, people he knows who have nothing to do with the primary reason folks listen to him, and various movie roles he has had or wants to have) all while playing the part of the great insider. Then he hosts online chats where he comes off like a petulant child answering only the softball questions and flat out ignoring anything asked with any depth. He ridicules people who don't kiss his ass or who disagree with him.

Personally after going back and forth on McClain for a few years I've decided that he's just as bad as Justice & Solomon. We have some lousy sports writers in this town.
Old 01-02-2011   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
John never beats the drum for a story this hard unless he knows it's going to happen.
He was pumping up Clay Matthews as the Texans '09 1st round pick. He's missed a few. What sold me for sure was Mark Berman reporting the story. He never misses.

The organization has lost some good fans over the past year. I'll be sad to see you go, but I can certainly understand why. I'll still watch on TV and hope that guys like AJ and DeMeco become winners. I just can't give McNair any more $$$ until he earns it.
Old 01-02-2011   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder if he ate Anna-Megan ?

On a serious note. He regurgitated basically what has been talked about on here
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #16
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1034 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

He looks like a fat-ass Cheshire cat..
Old 01-02-2011   #17
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting takes. He doesn't bother me that much, however I definitely don't think of him as a top level journalist either. Interesting note about Berman, I used to work with a guy that worked for the Rockets. I remember Berman calling my buddy ALOT fishing for info.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #18
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
McClain is little more than a paid shill for the Texans at this point. They use him as their mouthpiece when they want a story to have legs because he's the most recognizable Houston sports writer (mostly because he's visible from space). For his part I think he's just happy with the information the spoon out to him. It helps him try to maintain the illusion that he's an "insider" of some sort.

With him writing non-stop about it and talking to anyone who will listen I'm sure he's right and it will be the Gary & Wade show next year. John never beats the drum for a story this hard unless he knows it's going to happen.

I'm waiting for the announcement and then I'm out.
Hate to see you go Herv but I feel ya man. It just seems this organization is stuck on stupid and as Ron White says, "Ya can't fix stupid." I figure I'll be spending less Sunday afternoons watching this team also. Maybe I'll get Sunday Ticket and then I can pick a game of the week to watch.

I'll probably hang around here to antagonize the home town hero brigades for a little while myself.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I'll probably hang around here to antagonize the home town hero brigades for a little while myself.
Have to have some rain to balance out the sunshine.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read