Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2010   #1
Jrod7451
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Jrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of Famer
Default Frank Bush, dead man walking.

Also in the Chron, Bush talks about the season and how "we had the right approach". What a jackass.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7361256.html
Jrod7451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Frank Bush, dead man walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod7451 View Post
Also in the Chron, Bush talks about the season and how "we had the right approach". What a jackass.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7361256.html
Yeah, that can be thrown out alot around here...

What else should he say? "Well, we knew it was all wrong but we went with it anyway"?

Old 12-31-2010   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

What else should he say? "Well, we knew it was all wrong but we went with it anyway"?

What he says doesn't really matter much to me, but since you asked...

He coulda said, "We thought we were going about it the right way but in the end it didn't work"
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodluck getting another job in the NFL after the "job" he did this year with the Texans.
Old 12-31-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
What he says doesn't really matter much to me, but since you asked...

He coulda said, "We thought we were going about it the right way but in the end it didn't work"
I think that is pretty much what he said...

Quote:
"Quite frankly, I felt like we had the right approach," Bush said. "Things didn't work out, but I'll still go out and stay positive about the whole situation and keep moving forward."
Old 12-31-2010   #6
Ckw

I really don't have much hatred for Frank Bush. Sure, the guy failed but at the same time, our fearless leader, the chosen one, and Bob's choir boy Coach Kubiak didn't do Frank any favors by giving him Glover Quinn, Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain, Jason Allen, Eugene Wilson, Troy Nolan, etc. to work with.

Could other DCs have done better? Probably, but the personnel decisions by Kubiak and Rick Smith severely handicapped this team.
Old 12-31-2010   #7
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 29061 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

How come it is a heinous breach of etiquette for someone who knows Bill Cowher to leak out that he would consider the Giants, Dolphins, and Texans jobs when - OH MY GOD - those teams still have head coaches, but it is perfectly OK for Bum Phillips to say fire Frank Bush and hire my son? Doesn't Frank Bush still have a job and a family just as much as the head coaches do?
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2010   #8
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
How come it is a heinous breach of etiquette for someone who knows Bill Cowher to leak out that he would consider the Giants, Dolphins, and Texans jobs when - OH MY GOD - those teams still have head coaches, but it is perfectly OK for Bum Phillips to say fire Frank Bush and hire my son? Doesn't Frank Bush still have a job and a family just as much as the head coaches do?
When did he say that?
Old 12-31-2010   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bush, who has been with the Texans for three seasons, including the past two as defensive coordinator, is expected to be fired and replaced by Wade Phillips.

“I’ve got to find a way to sell myself to another organization,” Bush said. “I’ll stay positive. I’ll stay upbeat. I’ll keep believing in the things I do.”
Wow, what's the point of the end of the year presser? Bush is admitting that he's out. Bum shows up for practice and says his son would love to work in Houston. Unless McNair pulls a 2006-like draft day surprise, this is a done deal with Bush and only Bush taking the heat.

What a freakin' joke.
Old 12-31-2010   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What a freakin' joke.
Yeah, but the joke's on us.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Agree completely. The media was all over Cowher yet this is cool. This organization is hitting all time lows with their b.s. this off season. Trotting out Bum was the cherry. McNair must really think people are stupid. Many show him he is right. I really hope Mcnair somehow changes his mind. My only hope is all this was a balloon floated to gauge reactions.
Old 01-01-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh boo hoo for Frank, his severence package is going to be worth more than most of us make in 10 years. He failed, it's all on him, no one else to blame.
Old 01-01-2011   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I really don't have much hatred for Frank Bush. Sure, the guy failed but at the same time, our fearless leader, the chosen one, and Bob's choir boy GM Rick Smith didn't do Frank any favors by giving him Glover Quinn, Kareem Jackson, Brice McCain, Jason Allen, Eugene Wilson, Troy Nolan, etc. to work with.

Could other DCs have done better? Probably, but the personnel decisions by Kubiak and Rick Smith severely handicapped this team.
Fixed that for ya .... and yes , bottom line thats who you blame for personel decisions.

BTW Jason Allen played pretty well during his time here ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Fixed that for ya .... and yes , bottom line thats who you blame for personel decisions.

BTW Jason Allen played pretty well during his time here ....

A lot of players seem to come here and play well their first year. Second year they get a heavier dose of Texans coaching and their level of play plummets.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #15
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I really hope Mcnair somehow changes his mind. My only hope is all this was a balloon floated to gauge reactions.
This is about all we can hope for at this point. Not likely though.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel for Bush.

Unless he made the decision to go young. (Doubtful)

His carrer is in the crapper I hate this for him.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I feel for Bush.

I kinda feel for the guy too , same dude that came in and fix a broken defense last season and made them respectable.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I feel for Bush.

Ditto. I'd bet that Frank Bush feels worse than Tom Robinson
in "To Kill A Mockingbird" (obscure reference, figure it out.)

If Bob keeps Kubiak, I won't waste my hopes on the Texans in
2011. They'll just be one of those teams I watch, but won't
put much stock in.
Old 01-01-2011   #19
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

If Phillips becomes DC with no other interviewing of (minority) candidates won't this violate the Rooney rule?
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #20
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
If Phillips becomes DC with no other interviewing of (minority) candidates won't this violate the Rooney rule?
I thought that rule just applied to interviewing HCs ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read