Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-31-2010   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 67743 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default John Fox won't return to Panthers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...r_espn_5975190

Quote:
The Carolina Panthers announced Friday that coach John Fox will not return next season.

The team also said the contracts of Fox's assistant coaches will not be renewed.
I guess nobody told them there might be a lockout.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #2
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss
Default Re: John Fox won't return to Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...r_espn_5975190

I guess nobody told them there might be a lockout.
NOW THERES A DCORD I WOULDN'T MIND HAVING...BUT NOOOOO

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #3
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

I bet they are not afraid of going after Cowher.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
I bet they are not afraid of going after Cowher.
I bet they get Cowher, unless the Giant's HC job opens up. Cowher wants to coach, and I think he will take whatever HC job he can get, regardless of the situation. I'm sure he would prefer NYG or Houston over Carolina, but there are only 32 HC jobs in the world, so he might as well take one of them.
Old 01-01-2011   #5
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I bet they get Cowher, unless the Giant's HC job opens up. Cowher wants to coach, and I think he will take whatever HC job he can get, regardless of the situation. I'm sure he would prefer NYG or Houston over Carolina, but there are only 32 HC jobs in the world, so he might as well take one of them.
No way he takes a job just to get a job. He's already turned down opportunities in the past.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Carolina's established qb is who again?
Old 01-01-2011   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
No way he takes a job just to get a job. He's already turned down opportunities in the past.
I'm only aware of the Bills offer from last year. Rumor was he wanted to take that job, but they couldn't get the contracts worked out. If he really was in serious talks with the Bills last year, I don't think the Panthers would be any worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Carolina's established qb is who again?
Well, with the #1 pick, it's going to be whoever they want to draft, which is probably going to be Andrew Luck. I hope they do get him, because I sure don't want to see him in the AFC.
Old 01-01-2011   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm only aware of the Bills offer from last year. Rumor was he wanted to take that job, but they couldn't get the contracts worked out. If he really was in serious talks with the Bills last year, I don't think the Panthers would be any worse.

Well, with the #1 pick, it's going to be whoever they want to draft, which is probably going to be Andrew Luck. I hope they do get him, because I sure don't want to see him in the AFC.
Possible if Luck declares, which he probably will. But I don't know if Cowher wants to tie his future to a rookie, no matter how good. Depends on who he thinks he can get for his offensive staff.

It's all speculation anyway. There are going to be a lot of openings, he can pretty much pick where he wants to go. And he does like his job now if no teams meet his terms.
Old 01-01-2011   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Possible if Luck declares, which he probably will. But I don't know if Cowher wants to tie his future to a rookie, no matter how good. Depends on who he thinks he can get for his offensive staff.

It's all speculation anyway. There are going to be a lot of openings, he can pretty much pick where he wants to go. And he does like his job now if no teams meet his terms.
I think Carolina would be a good fit for him though. They have a stable of runningbacks, which he has always used during his time with the Steelers. They would likely give him full control to hire whoever he needed to fill out the staff. They will have the top pick in each round of the draft (except 2nd and 7th - traded away), plus a likely 3rd round compensatory pick for Julius Peppers leaving. If he didn't want to go with Andrew Luck, I think it would be somewhat easy to trade away that pick (essentially Luck) and grab some more picks to help fill out the roster. I'm sure he would be able to lure some good free agents as well, which would help that team immensely.

It really doesn't sound as terrible as the 2-13 record indicates.
Old 01-01-2011   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
I think Carolina would be a good fit for him though. They have a stable of runningbacks, which he has always used during his time with the Steelers. They would likely give him full control to hire whoever he needed to fill out the staff. They will have the top pick in each round of the draft (except 2nd and 7th - traded away), plus a likely 3rd round compensatory pick for Julius Peppers leaving. If he didn't want to go with Andrew Luck, I think it would be somewhat easy to trade away that pick (essentially Luck) and grab some more picks to help fill out the roster. I'm sure he would be able to lure some good free agents as well, which would help that team immensely.

It really doesn't sound as terrible as the 2-13 record indicates.
Except that their top 2 backs have had injury concern. And DW is due a new contract IIRC. And so is SS. Their team is not good. If they don't take Luck, they have to rely on Claussen. They need a lot of help on offense, and I don't know that Cowher will want to take that on.
Old 01-02-2011   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Jim Harbaugh will be coaching Andrew Luck... In Carolina!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read