Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs. Texans: A sad state

I'm not for setting up Fire Kubiak type sites. But, I might have expected such response in only a very small number of other cities. I don't think that anyone on this MB would misdirect their passions to such an extent........at least I would hope not. We all have the privilege of disagreeing, and we certainly often use it freely. But taking it into the yard makes us all look very small.

From the FIREGARYKUBIAK.COM site:

Quote:
Due to unrelenting hate mail and threats, I have decided that I am taking the site down. It was initially created as a fun place for people to gather who had the same thought process as I did. I really never intended for this to get as big as it did, and have no desire in taking on the world. Thank you to all of the supporters, and others that voiced their opinions. Time will tell if we get a new coach.

I also wanted to point out that the Shirts, Petition, and Rally were not my ideas, they were requests that came to me from Texans fans. This was never designed to make money, to date I have barely made enough to pay for the site.

This site was created for me to have fun, and instead has ruined the game of football for me. I will not be attending the rally so to those of you that wanted to meet me to "punch me in the face", there is no need for you to go. If the rally continues, it will not be because I continued to promote it, it will be because OTHER fans think that it is a good idea, and want a way to voice their opions, so maybe you could punch some of them in my place.

Furthermore I would like to point out that I have NEVER attacked Gary Kubiak as a person and I never would. I think he is a fine person, and a great offensive mind. I simply wanted better for the team, for the city, and for the fans. I see now that in voicing that opinion it only breeds hate and discontent, something that I donít want to surround myself with.

Thanks again to everyone who was on board, and thanks to the others that have managed to ruin football for yet another Houston fan.

The contact email account has been disabled, so there is no need to continue to try and send me nasty-grams.

I truely hope that the Texans do well next year, with or without Kubiak.

Since I will no longer be involved with any portion of this page, I will not be doing any interviews, or anything of the sort. For any comments, question or interview requests going forward please contact:

Robert W.
rnw077@gmail.com

-or-

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The...63676847002981

I am out guys.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans vs. Texans: A sad state

My priorities are way out of whack.

This game, this team.... is too big a part of my life than it should be. I ignore my family on Sunays, unless it is the one daughter or wife I am able to bring with me to the games.

But damn..... punch a guy in the face, because he doesn't like our coach..........

REally??

Hate mail???

Wow.
Old 12-29-2010   #3
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

This town is soft and doesn't demand a winner. That is a big part of the problem. It pains me to come to that realization.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

If your scared of threats your scared to live

Has the time grew near in my heart I wanted kubes to stay and hope he does all I care about now is to win this Sunday.
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

He sounds kind of soft to me.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #6
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 15483 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
This town is soft and doesn't demand a winner. That is a big part of the problem. It pains me to come to that realization.
Having mostly grown up in the northeast I have to agree with this statement. While I am a native Texan I do have the mentality of a northeastern sports fan since I grew up going to games up there. I honestly can't relate to many Houston sports fans and especially Bob McNair.

I just don't have the patience for all this Mr Nice Guy, buddy buddy, good ole boy, acceptance of losing crap.

The bottom line is Kubiak is a 5 year proven loser ... outtta here as they would say in New York. I don't care if he is a nice guy, from Houston, or where he went to school. The guy was hired to coach football not babysit your friggin kids.

Also anyone offended by that fire Kubiak site needs to grow a pair.

It's becoming "mamby pamby land" down there and the "jackwagon" is McNair if he keeps running his team like his Facebook page.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2010   #8
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No kidding:

Quote:
If the rally continues, it will not be because I continued to promote it, it will be because OTHER fans think that it is a good idea, and want a way to voice their opions, so maybe you could punch some of them in my place.
Softie.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #9
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2774 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing more pathetic than planning a public protest to get a football coach fired is threatening that guy.
Old 12-30-2010   #10
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
that shit was hilarious
Old 12-30-2010   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
The only thing more pathetic than planning a public protest to get a football coach fired is threatening that guy.
Yep

There will be no messing with the family business.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #12
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 234 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Mine eyes are opened. I couldn't believe that there were people so faithful in Kubiak that they'd be threatening because of a site. And honestly the biggest reasons to be "faithful" in him are not even football related. Being a Texan/Houstonian/Aggie or a "good guy" aren't viable reasons to keep a guy after 5 years of bottomfeeding in this division.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

If you don't have the courage of your convictions, don't seek publicity.

And it pisses me off the be included in this headline:

Houston Texans fans seeking firing of Gary Kubiak organize rally
ESPN - ‎Dec 28, 2010‎

when most won't read the first line: A pair of Houston Texans fans... I sure didn't sign up for any "protest".

If you want to put a brown paper sack over your head, move to the northeast or the left coast.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak should be fired and should have been fired last year. Anybody supporting him at this point is doing it out of some kind of fondness for the nice guy. 5 years speaks volumes folks. Kubiak is a failure here in Houston. The facts are his win/loss record overall and even more importantly in the AFC south. He has game management and prepardness faults along with player evaluation skills that don't even need to be brought up because there is already enough evidence to convict.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

[IMG][/IMG]
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Having mostly grown up in the northeast I have to agree with this statement. While I am a native Texan I do have the mentality of a northeastern sports fan since I grew up going to games up there. I honestly can't relate to many Houston sports fans and especially Bob McNair.
I can strongly identify with that as well.
Old 12-30-2010   #17
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I just don't have the patience for all this Mr Nice Guy, buddy buddy, good ole boy, acceptance of losing crap.

The bottom line is Kubiak is a 5 year proven loser ... outtta here as they would say in New York. I don't care if he is a nice guy, from Houston, or where he went to school. The guy was hired to coach football not babysit your friggin kids.

It's becoming "mamby pamby land" down there and the "jackwagon" is McNair if he keeps running his team like his Facebook page.
My background is similar. I went to college in Philadelphia and lived in Manhattan for 4 years after law school. While I love Texas and grew up in Houston, I definitely gravitate towards the harder edge northeastern sports fan mentality. People up there demand winning and the sports talk and media up there do a much better job in holding players, coaches and ownership accountable.

Hell you know as a Giants fan that Coughlin's job is not secure and he has won a Super Bowl and has taken them to the playoffs during the same time span that Kubiak has achieved nothing.

That being said, it's not just a northeastern mentality, IMO. Younger fans like us in their 20s-30s are more demanding on average. Finally, I know I will get some heat for this but whatever. I think the more educated and successful you are the less you tolerate this BS.

The hokey con job coming out of 2 Reliant Park will appease the dullards but guys like us who are professionals in industries where achievement and accountability matters will not buy this bullshit
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #18
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad it wasn't my site. I would have just ran my mouth to the little bitches that sent me hate mail....lol....

I would have taken that as inspiration to go from just trying to run my site to now trying to piss those tricks off with their soiled panties.

I grew up for a long time in the NE too in the Philly area in NJ for years and the NYC/North Jersey area. Learned not to take any shit and definitely demand more from my teams.

This is what makes me so depressed right now. How we are keeping this coach and bringing in Mr. Aw Shucks himself (potentially) in Wade with his man cans blows my mind. Now I find out that Bob McNair is coreographing little dumbass stunts like having Bum come in to practice yesterday and sell Kubiak. Does McNair really think we are idiots? That actually pisses me off, it's like insult to injury.

I love the Texans, will never leave them and will alway be a fan, but this is a horrible joke this is becoming with this whole situation.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #19
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Younger fans like us in their 20s-30s are more demanding on average. Finally, I know I will get some heat for this but whatever. I think the more educated and successful you are the less you tolerate this BS.
I must be a genetic defect, you couldn't be more demanding then me. I want executions

Quote:
The hokey con job coming out of 2 Reliant Park will appease the dullards but guys like us who are professionals in industries where achievement and accountability matters will not buy this bullshit
I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I'm smart enough to see BS I suppose. Trotting out Bum and Pastorini to save this guys job has a stench I have a difficult time stomaching
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

THIS. REP!!(though Northeast is Ft. Worth )

Not sure why wanting a guy who has sucked fired would inspire someone to punch someone. As I said earlier, this town loves to hang on to people past their expiration for sentimental reasons and at the expense of winning.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read