Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Thoughts About The Fans And The Coaching Debates On TT

There have been many threads around here lately regarding Gary Kubiak. Should he be fired? Will him and Smith both be let go? We all have our own thoughts and opinions on this matter as for me I'd like to see new coaches and changes be made but everyone should remember that only McNair has the last say. We don't. Nor do any of us own the team. I see posters calling names to other posters and questioning others fandom because they have a different take on things which is uncalled for. I am not going to ever stop supporting my favorite team just because I did not get what I wanted. You may do so if you wish that is your call but in my personal opinion that is jumping off the bandwagon when things are bad and then jumping back on it when things are good. I consider that being a fair wether fan but I am not here to tell you what to do. Don't go to the games or buy gear if you don't want to it does not matter to me. Kubiak may stay and others on his staff may be let go or there just might be a house cleaning. The bottom line is that if one of those two things happen then it means Bob does understand there is a problem. I think something will happen but at the end of the day I don't have any other number one team to root for. Maybe I have some fall back teams but they are not the same as my hometown team. Remember our personal life is much more important than a game at least it should be that way. Let's all keep the Texans sprit we have had since 2002 and avoid personal jabs at eacher other. We are all fans of our number one team and it will be that way for me forever. GO TEXANS
Old 12-29-2010   #2
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts About The Fans And The Coaching Debates On TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
There have been many threads around here lately regarding Gary Kubiak. Should he be fired? Will him and Smith both be let go? We all have our own thoughts and opinions on this matter as for me I'd like to see new coaches and changes be made but everyone should remember that only McNair has the last say. We don't. Nor do any of us own the team. I see posters calling names to other posters and questioning others fandom because they have a different take on things which is uncalled for. I am not going to ever stop supporting my favorite team just because I did not get what I wanted. You may do so if you wish that is your call but in my personal opinion that is jumping off the bandwagon when things are bad and then jumping back on it when things are good. I consider that being a fair wether fan but I am not here to tell you what to do. Don't go to the games or buy gear if you don't want to it does not matter to me. Kubiak may stay and others on his staff may be let go or there just might be a house cleaning. The bottom line is that if one of those two things happen then it means Bob does understand there is a problem. I think something will happen but at the end of the day I don't have any other number one team to root for. Maybe I have some fall back teams but they are not the same as my hometown team. Remember our personal life is much more important than a game at least it should be that way. Let's all keep the Texans sprit we have had since 2002 and avoid personal jabs at eacher other. We are all fans of our number one team and it will be that way for me forever. GO TEXANS

Differing opinions are good - one can learn from them.

Personal attacks are not so good - they muddy the waters.

No matter what happens with Smithiak, the Texans are still the team of choice by everyone on this board. It would help if everyone remembered that those of differing points of view have this team first and foremost in their hearts and want them to win. Just like you.

That is as sappy as I get....thank goodness.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking back, I liked it better when we didn't have a team.

I could watch a football game of my choosing, and watch it how it was meant be watched . . . just kick back and watch a good football game, period.

But now that we have this team, since it's my city, then I'm a "fan" that supposed to follow them. And get irritated when I watch them, and what's worse, I can't turn on another game anymore and enjoy it because the whole time I'm wishing that "my" team would play like them.

That . . sucks!!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #4
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Looking back, I liked it better when we didn't have a team.

I could watch a football game of my choosing, and watch it how it was meant be watched . . . just kick back and watch a good football game, period.

But now that we have this team, since it's my city, then I'm a "fan" that supposed to follow them. And get irritated when I watch them, and what's worse, I can't turn on another game anymore and enjoy it because the whole time I'm wishing that "my" team would play like them.

That . . sucks!!
This is a very fair point. I'm not sure if I can even watch the playoffs because I'll be so angry and bitter about how those other teams have turned things around in a few years.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope there is some sort of change and personally feel there will be. Wether it is Smith or Kubiak, Bush I don't know. A start is a start for me and if I see one then great. But football is not anything to get up in my grill about or personally call anyone out.
Old 12-29-2010   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Looking back, I liked it better when we didn't have a team...
I hated not being an NFL city ... absolutely frikkin' hated it.

Texans, come hell or high water, are my team. I'll never wish that away.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #7
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
I hated not being an NFL city ... absolutely frikkin' hated it.

Texans, come hell or high water, are my team. I'll never wish that away.
These are my thoughts exactly.
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2010   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
There have been many threads around here lately regarding Gary Kubiak. Should he be fired? Will him and Smith both be let go? We all have our own thoughts and opinions on this matter as for me I'd like to see new coaches and changes be made but everyone should remember that only McNair has the last say. We don't. Nor do any of us own the team. I see posters calling names to other posters and questioning others fandom because they have a different take on things which is uncalled for.
I agree, no reason to question each others fandom. We're all here that should be enough.
Quote:
I am not going to ever stop supporting my favorite team just because I did not get what I wanted. You may do so if you wish that is your call but in my personal opinion that is jumping off the bandwagon when things are bad and then jumping back on it when things are good. I consider that being a fair wether fan but I am not here to tell you what to do.
At least you aren't questioning their dedication to the team.
Quote:
Don't go to the games or buy gear if you don't want to it does not matter to me. Kubiak may stay and others on his staff may be let go or there just might be a house cleaning. The bottom line is that if one of those two things happen then it means Bob does understand there is a problem. I think something will happen but at the end of the day I don't have any other number one team to root for. Maybe I have some fall back teams but they are not the same as my hometown team. Remember our personal life is much more important than a game at least it should be that way. Let's all keep the Texans sprit we have had since 2002 and avoid personal jabs at eacher other. We are all fans of our number one team and it will be that way for me forever. GO TEXANS
Other than your cleverly disguised wear-it-if-the-shoe-fits personal jab, I agree. Bob's going to do what Bob's going to do. Some of you may move on & find another team to root for. Good luck with that.

Maybe this franchise will do something to win back your support (like start Cordell Stewart at QB year after year even though you know he isn't an NFL QB, or taking a chance on the bus, even though you know he's washed up, or thinking Tommy Maddox was going to save your team) We'll welcome you back. It's all good, it's all fun, it's all a mofo.
Old 12-29-2010   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9714 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, they could bring back the whole damn lot of them and I'd still be back. I enjoy tailgating with my friends and going to the games too much to just throw it all away. I would like to see some changes no doubt, but if there isn't any or the changes made are not to my liking, I'd rather show up and protest in person than let my tickets go.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree, no reason to question each others fandom. We're all here that should be enough.

At least you aren't questioning their dedication to the team.

Other than your cleverly disguised wear-it-if-the-shoe-fits personal jab, I agree. Bob's going to do what Bob's going to do. Some of you may move on & find another team to root for. Good luck with that.

Maybe this franchise will do something to win back your support (like start Cordell Stewart at QB year after year even though you know he isn't an NFL QB, or taking a chance on the bus, even though you know he's washed up, or thinking Tommy Maddox was going to save your team) We'll welcome you back. It's all good, it's all fun, it's all a mofo.
We agree all around TK.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read