Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2010   #1
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mortensen: Rumors of Mike Sherman

Quote:
Citing his previous stint as Texans offensive coordinator, being well-liked by Texans owner Bob McNair, and his own past stint as Green Bay head coach, Mort says people shouldn't be surprised if Sherman did end up coaching in Houston.
Link

This would be a total McNair thing to do. Sherman is well within McNair's network and comfort zone, and his stint with the Packers looks better in hindsight after seeing how Favre neutered his last two coaches. I think Sherman is a realistic consideration.

But I also agree with Mortensen's assessment on the matter: McNair needs to start looking outside his network. This is a buyer's market for coaches right now, and it's not the time to be myopic in the evaluation.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #2
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mortensen: Rumors of Mike Sherman

The way Sherman seems to finally have things going in the right direction in College Station I am not sure he comes here if offered.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #3
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
The way Sherman seems to finally have things going in the right direction in College Station I am not sure he comes here if offered.
Yes. But if Sherman to Texans and Kubiak to A&M. This may be easier for both side to take. What do you think? Not that I want this to happen but what ifs you know.
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Yes. But if Sherman to Texans and Kubiak to A&M. This may be easier for both side to take. What do you think? Not that I want this to happen but what ifs you know.
Please, no. Please.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #5
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Please, no. Please.
You don't look forward to the annual matchup of Brown and Kubiak trying to outcoach each other, only to jointly spin their wheels in the mud while holding hands?
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Richard Smith, next HC candidate. Book it.
Old 12-29-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell no! A&M is finally having some success under Sherman! Leave him be, next year will be great for the Aggies if Sherman stays! The Texans don't need him, they need someone who will turn this franchise upside down.
Old 12-29-2010   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh great ... the Texans will never shed their "NFL Aggy" moniker now.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #9
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Oh great ... the Texans will never shed their "NFL Aggy" moniker now.
Hookem, wan't Sherman originally from UT?
Old 12-29-2010   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Hookem, wan't Sherman originally from UT?
Nope. Here is where he has been according to Wiki.

Stamford HS
Worcester Academy
Pittsburgh (GA)
Tulane (OL)
Holy Cross (OL)
Holy Cross (OC)
Texas A&M (OL)
UCLA (OL)
Texas A&M (OL)
Green Bay Packers (TE)
Seattle Seahawks (OC)
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans (Asst. HC)
Houston Texans (OC)
Texas A&M

Honestly, I could care less where he is from. This guy doesn't excite me in the least bit. This just sounds like another "friend of Bob" hire to me which would produce the same results.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #11
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Hell no! A&M is finally having some success under Sherman! Leave him be, next year will be great for the Aggies if Sherman stays! The Texans don't need him, they need someone who will turn this franchise upside down.
The Texans' needs seem to be a lower priority than what McNair ideally wants. That's why this rumor has some logic to it.
Old 12-29-2010   #12
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Nope. Here is where he has been according to Wiki.

Stamford HS
Worcester Academy
Pittsburgh (GA)
Tulane (OL)
Holy Cross (OL)
Holy Cross (OC)
Texas A&M (OL)
UCLA (OL)
Texas A&M (OL)
Green Bay Packers (TE)
Seattle Seahawks (OC)
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans (Asst. HC)
Houston Texans (OC)
Texas A&M

Honestly, I could care less where he is from. This guy doesn't excite me in the least bit. This just sounds like another "friend of Bob" hire to me which would produce the same results.
OK thanks. My bad, somehow I thought he was from UT.
Old 12-29-2010   #13
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

No sir, I don't him. He doesn't seem to have a good facepalm.
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #14
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
No sir, I don't him. He doesn't seem to have a good facepalm.

Dude can't even facepalm correctly...GEEZ!!!

facebackofthehand just. does. not. cut. it.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #15
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

If it makes anyone happy, McClain says Sherman not likely. Errr nevermind. Just take that fwiw, heh.

Sherman story unlikely

One friend who's usually on top of what's happening in the NFL told me on Monday that Kubiak is out and Mike Sherman is in. I've been hearing Sherman for two weeks. I told him what I tell everyone: No way!

Sherman is a first-class guy who loves being an honorary Aggie. He wouldn't stab Kubiak in the back by talking about his job while he still had it.

Sherman wouldn't be leading Texas A&M to the Cotton Bowl without Kubiak talking him into coming to the Texans and then promoting him for the job at A&M. Forget that one. Sounds like a Longhorn concoction hoping to get Sherman out of College Station.

There was a local report Tuesday that Kubiak is out, and general manager Rick Smith will be put in charge of hiring the new coach.

There was a local report Tuesday that Kubiak is out, and general manager Rick Smith will be put in charge of hiring the new coach.

I also got a call telling me the Tuna is on his way. Bill Parcells said he wants to do it one more time. Nobody knows if that means overseeing an organization and hiring a general manager and coach or just coaching. Either way, scratch the Tuna off your list.

Many irate fans want Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden to replace Kubiak. Some want Jeff Fisher or Tom Coughlin even though both have jobs at the moment with the Titans and Giants.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...ontent=Twitter
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
If it makes anyone happy, McClain says Sherman not likely. Errr nevermind. Just take that fwiw, heh.

Sherman story unlikely

One friend who's usually on top of what's happening in the NFL told me on Monday that Kubiak is out and Mike Sherman is in. I've been hearing Sherman for two weeks. I told him what I tell everyone: No way!

Sherman is a first-class guy who loves being an honorary Aggie. He wouldn't stab Kubiak in the back by talking about his job while he still had it.

Sherman wouldn't be leading Texas A&M to the Cotton Bowl without Kubiak talking him into coming to the Texans and then promoting him for the job at A&M. Forget that one. Sounds like a Longhorn concoction hoping to get Sherman out of College Station.

I also got a call telling me the Tuna is on his way. Bill Parcells said he wants to do it one more time. Nobody knows if that means overseeing an organization and hiring a general manager and coach or just coaching. Either way, scratch the Tuna off your list.

Many irate fans want Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden to replace Kubiak. Some want Jeff Fisher or Tom Coughlin even though both have jobs at the moment with the Titans and Giants.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...ontent=Twitter
No where in there did I see a substantial supporting argument to discredit any of those rumors.

On Sherman, it doesn't matter if he hasn't been offered the job yet for the rumor to be true. I doubt McNair has opened dialogue with anyone yet.

And Parcells? YES. That is one rumor I hope is true.
Old 12-29-2010   #17
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Sherman
Hell No!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #18
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

People seem to be interested in McNair hiring a "colorful", even a provocative personality to be the Texans new HC ? Maybe someone like Grueden or Cower instead of the colorless Sherman ? Just don't forget that the most successful HC in the NFL, Bill Belichick, is probably the most boring personality in the NFL.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
People seem to be interested in McNair hiring a "colorful", even a provocative personality to be the Texans new HC ?
"People" want a coach that can change the culture of losing. That coach is not Mike Sherman.
Old 12-29-2010   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

If Sherman would come in with his running game, we wouldn't need to worry about a QB having an arm. He would be satisfied having a QB with a pea shooter.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read