Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2010   #101
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN reporting Wade Phillips coming Kubiak staying

I can't continue to support a team that would keep Gary Kubiak as HC after what he's done for the past 5 years. I know it doesn't mean anything to anyone other than myself but I will literally cease to follow this team (and by extension the NFL) if something along these lines comes to pass.
Old 12-28-2010   #102
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53557 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

In an opposite view,
a few times this season, I wondered if the Texans had to gear down their offense because they needed to eat up the clock because our defense was so bad (and yes I know this is weird and stupid thinking) but a few times I didn't want our offense to come out and jump to a big lead because that basically meant the opposing team had to abandon the run and throw the ball which played right into the historically bad pass defense.

crazy and stupid thoughts I know
Very astute observations, actually.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #103
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Ewwwwww
HAHAHAHA.
Quote:
If this turns out to be true. I wonder how Kubiak would be where he doesn't have to worry about the defense. there is someone there that can handle his own

a few times this season, I couldn't help but think of the Texans in 2003 or 2004 where Chris Palmer's offense basically had to play safe, no turnovers and play for field position and let the defense win the game for them because Carr and that offense was so bad.

In an opposite view,
a few times this season, I wondered if the Texans had to gear down their offense because they needed to eat up the clock because our defense was so bad (and yes I know this is weird and stupid thinking) but a few times I didn't want our offense to come out and jump to a big lead because that basically meant the opposing team had to abandon the run and throw the ball which played right into the historically bad pass defense.

Not crazy or stupid at all. I actually had the same feelings the entire season. Err on second thought, that's not a ringing endorsement for your views. my bad! lol

In all serious, I had the same feelings. I felt like Kubiak had to be ultra conservative and was playing the "field position" game a lot of the season. If we weren't able to move the ball with ease... don't force it, chew up some clock and punt it away. Don't leave our defense with a short field to cover. I think the way our defense was had an enormous impact on our offensive strategy and those play calls.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #104
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all speculation... Clayton just stated live on ESPN just now.... as typed per my closed captioning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clayton
What I am hearing today is that try may reach out to Wade Phillips and still keep Gary Kubiak. If not, it could be Bill Cowher.
I'm thinking now that the Favre lovefest is now over... they're trying to create news.
Old 12-28-2010   #105
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
What do you mean by "presented"?
On Coaches on Hot Seat.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #106
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
lmao @ this shit even happening...come on folks...be real.

This was a possibility thrown out by John Clayton.
Like I said...lol
Old 12-28-2010   #107
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-28-2010   #108
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Title of this thread should be changed because it's misleading. Just saying. ESPN isn't "reporting" any such thing.
Old 12-28-2010   #109
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
On Coaches on Hot Seat.
"Presented" as in "this is happening" or "presented" as in "I dunno s**t im just making stuff uP"
DonnyMost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #110
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What are they going to do? Fight for who goes to time management school first.
Next year we're shipping them both
Old 12-28-2010   #111
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone insulted me the other day for saying rooting against this team makes it reflect poorly on people as a human being, and how it's just a game and all that. Where's the flack for someone comparing a real-life, devastating situation to a potential coaching hire?

.....anyway, its a good move depending on what else happens. Kubiak has major flaws, flaws that have not been shored up in his time here. Mainly game-management, clock-management stuff. Phillips is an excellent D coordinator, as shown especially during the 90s. Kubiak is an excellent offensive mind, questionable decisions aside. I don't know if he'd accept a demotion to OC so I really don't know what's going to happen.
A)- Why are you calling me out?

B)- I think you are comparing apples and oranges.

I'm talking about that sinking helpless feeling and it's my personal story from my personal life. I'm not commenting on anyone elses or making some generic statement. Merely illustrating that it would hurt me deeply on some level IF this were true as I am very passionate about the Texans and anyone who knows me knows that.

What I said and your comments about how OTHERS actions are by rooting against the Texans seem to be 2 different things. I was talking about myself and not others.

Just not understanding how my comment had anything to do with yours other than using it to try to point out how you felt you were criticized incorrectly.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #112
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Presented" as in "this is happening" or "presented" as in "I dunno s**t im just making stuff uP"
Turns out it's "presented" in the sense that it's one of the possibilities that's out there. aka 'I dunno s**t im just making stuff up". lol
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #113
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't know if this is a McClain type of presentation or not.
Old 12-28-2010   #114
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Someone insulted me the other day for saying rooting against this team makes it reflect poorly on people as a human being, and how it's just a game and all that. Where's the flack for someone comparing a real-life, devastating situation to a potential coaching hire?
Wow, if you can't see the difference...

Good God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I just watched this report by Clayton....and he said it's maybe a possibility. Nothing is even close to confirmed yet people. Let's just wait and see how next week plays out.
Yep. I breathed a sigh of relief.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #115
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rumor: John Clayton reporting Wade Phillips coming Kubiak staying

First we hear a rumor that Kubiak will be fired but Texans will keep Rick Smith and now someone else thinks Kubiak stays and Wade comes. Nothings for certain, we have to just wail until Black Monday to find out.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #116
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
It's all speculation... Clayton just stated live on ESPN just now.... as typed per my closed captioning...

I'm thinking now that the Favre lovefest is now over... they're trying to create news.
Was this on the Coaches on the Hot Seat from where I was reporting it , or a separate segment by Clayton?
Old 12-28-2010   #117
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rumor: John Clayton reporting Wade Phillips coming Kubiak staying

Quote:
John Clayton on ESPN NEWS just presented that Kubiak and Philips will be teaming up here in Houston.
I didn't hear the report, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the word "will" was not uttered in Clayton's report. At least not in the context used by the OP.
Old 12-28-2010   #118
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I hope to God this isn't true. If it is, I really am not sure how much longer I can continue rooting for this franchise as long as Bob McNair's heart is still beating. If it is as OC & DC, fantastic, but we all know that isn't happening. The last thing I want to see is this combination:

Don't forget their new quart-a-back!
Old 12-28-2010   #119
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If this turns out to be true. I wonder how Kubiak would be where he doesn't have to worry about the defense. there is someone there that can handle his own

a few times this season, I couldn't help but think of the Texans in 2003 or 2004 where Chris Palmer's offense basically had to play safe, no turnovers and play for field position and let the defense win the game for them because Carr and that offense was so bad.

In an opposite view,

You know what, I got those same feelings during the season. But then, I realized that Kubiak still sucks as a HC currently. 5-7 after 12 games for four years in a row, the Indy MNF game this year (not running Foster when he was shredding them), going with an inexperienced secondary, not knowing how to manage the clock/timeouts, and probably the biggest thing, not having this team prepared at the start of games. This has been a one half football team under Kubiak's entire tenure.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #120
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem isn't with Wade Phillips as a good defensive coordinator, but him working for Gary Kubiak the head coach of the Houston Texans in 2011. Very few people want to hear and see "Gary Kubiak, head coach of the Texans in 2011".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read