Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2010   #1
Comanche
Rookie

Default thoughts on the state of things

I think the Texans have the best fans in all of sports. This has been an incredibly pathetic franchise since day one but the loyal fans have sold out Reliant Stadium and cheered every meager step towards "progress" along the way.

Kudos to Gary Kubiak for getting what he was able to get from a roster filled w/ guys who have already achieved the pinnacle of all they wanted: a high $$ NFL contract. With all the money in pro sports, I have no problem at all w/ the money going to the players. Thats the way it should be. But something seems to have removed a lot of the hard-nosed competitiveness from the equation. We went from a time when we had several players (Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, Ronnie Lott, Walter Payton)...who were warriors in every sense of the word. We don't seem to have that these days....unless ALL of them are Lamberts, Singletarys and Lotts (I don't think so)

Plus, you can't even look at a QB the wrong way w/out getting a penalty or fine, much less actually put a hit on him. All of these fragile quarterbacks of body and mentality need to take a look at the careers of Dan Pastorini, Terry Bradshaw and Roger Staubach. Talk about punishment...yet they played. every week. Nowadays they talk about that as some kind of freak of nature (i.e. Brett Favre).

OK, yearly rant complete. I will now return to the background. Peace everyone and keep up the good work as fans. Someone's got to call these guys on it!
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: thoughts on the state of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
I think the Texans have the best fans in all of sports.
You seriously think that Houston Texans fans are the best fans in the world?

Admittedly I have only been to one game at Reliant, and spent time talking Texans with people on this site, but there is no way I could conceive the fans of the Houston Texans being the best in the NFL let alone the world of sports.
Old 12-28-2010   #3
Comanche
Rookie

yeah...that may be an overstatement, but I don't know of an organization that has put a more worthless product on the field for 9 years straight and sells so many tickets and so much merchandise. Yankees fans, Steelers fans, Cowboys fans...even Raiders fans have had Championships to cheer.

This is a pathetic team w/ only a single "big" win in its entire 9 year history.
Comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
This is a pathetic team w/ only a single "big" win in its entire 9 year history.
I'm going to guess you mean the opener?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read