Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will Kubes be fired? Lets see who is right!!!
Yes, see ya beeyatchs!!! 53 82.81%
No, they're in the job for life club, lets all hug. 11 17.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2010   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New Poll: Will Kubiak be fired?

In light of the Denver Debacle, I decided to post a new, "Will Kubiak be fired at the end of the year?"

I'm going with yes, as I've stated before, ironically I think McNairs conservative approach drives the firing. Also I think this makes the most sense for the Marketing Department.

Can we put a bigger chin on the Texans Logo?

So everyone vote and we'll see who's wrong in a week or two!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2010   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: New Poll: Will Kubiak be fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
In light of the Denver Debacle, I decided to post a new, "Will Kubiak be fired at the end of the year?"

I'm going with yes, as I've stated before, ironically I think McNairs conservative approach drives the firing. Also I think this makes the most sense for the Marketing Department.

Can we put a bigger chin on the Texans Logo?

So everyone vote and we'll see who's wrong in a week or two!!!!!!
I see what you did there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #3
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can a mod please put a question mark at the end of the thread title? For the love of god... People might confuse this with a TN message board.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder If BOb already knows his decesion right now or his he still going over the hole season with his Front office and scouts

If u fire Kubes u might has well Fire The GM two

anywho i wonder if BOb has called COwer already and told him da plan he would only fire Kubes if he knew for certin Cower would come to houston
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I wonder If BOb already knows his decesion right now or his he still going over the hole season with his Front office and scouts

If u fire Kubes u might has well Fire The GM two

anywho i wonder if BOb has called COwer already and told him da plan he would only fire Kubes if he knew for certin Cower would come to houston
Remember that sense of doom right before Dom Capers got fired? Everyone knew it was coming, the question was when. There was a black cloud over the team, fans, the media. You could just feel it coming.

That's how it feels now.

He's done.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #6
Grforces
Veteran

Section: anywhere and everywhere
Rep Power: 67 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't think he will be fired. I heard a couple of good points on the radio that make alot of sence. With the lockout that might be coming, that means no extra practices, TC might not be there, no OTA's, and maybe a shortened season. Also, putting Mario out for the season, not playing Johnson.
Hell, lets put something crazy out there and say that we threw the game on purpose because he knows that he won't be fired, and Kubes wants a good draft pick.
Im just trying to find all the exuses Mcnair will justify him being here next year.
Grforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Can a mod please put a question mark at the end of the thread title? For the love of god... People might confuse this with a TN message board.
Damn that's cold man. I always feel so rushed when posting a poll during peak board hours since you have to hurry and add your poll choices before anyone opens the thread and thinks WTF, so I missed some punctuation....

Man I feel like Antonio Smith and Brian Cushing during the Tacks game, we're turning on each other!!!!! Can't we all just get along?!?!?!?!?!

Also isn't a Titans board sort of an Oxymoron? I mean Titans Fans would have to have 3-4 things to have a Message Board:

1. Electricity
2. Computer w/Internet Connection
3. Enough brain power to operate a computer
4. Possibly opposable thumbs to type effeciently
Old 12-27-2010   #8
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grforces View Post
Don't think he will be fired. I heard a couple of good points on the radio that make alot of sence. With the lockout that might be coming, that means no extra practices, TC might not be there, no OTA's, and maybe a shortened season. Also, putting Mario out for the season, not playing Johnson.
Hell, lets put something crazy out there and say that we threw the game on purpose because he knows that he won't be fired, and Kubes wants a good draft pick.
Im just trying to find all the exuses Mcnair will justify him being here next year.
If the only reason someone can come up with to not fire the coach is because of a labor situation, that's even MORE of a reason to fire him. That is a terrible reason to keep a coach.

Just ask Dallas.
And Denver.
And Minneapolis.
And San Francisco.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #9
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Poll: Will Kubiak be fired?

Yes he will be fired. Bob imo can no longer sell "We're so close!" or "We finished strong with a 4 game win streak to finish 8-8/9-7. We're gonna turn that corner next year."
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #10
Grforces
Veteran

Rep Power: 67 Grforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respectedGrforces is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
If the only reason someone can come up with to not fire the coach is because of a labor situation, that's even MORE of a reason to fire him. That is a terrible reason to keep a coach.

Just ask Dallas.
And Denver.
And Minneapolis.
And San Francisco.
I feel the same way. I Just dont see it happening. Maybe I just dont want to be let down. Im already starting to think of the positives, I.E. DC/OC maybe new H/C. The draft.
Just think if he dosen't get fired how bad this offseason is going to suck! All we are going to hear is the same stuff we are hearing now.
Old 12-27-2010   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Quote:
I think the Lock Out shouldn't be a reason. Even if a new coach is brought in and they can't practice as much, does McNair and the fan base expect a 14 win season in year one of a new regime? I don't see a Lock Out causing the season to be cancelled either.

I really could see Denver picking up Kubes either picking up his current contract or after he's canned, which means that he's off McNairs payroll either way.

I think this is the perfect oppurtunity for McNair to be a nice guy. He can dump Kubes and Gary gets to go to his second choice for coaching, and he gets to hire a new guy. Then Denver and Houston are both happy, and hell maybe we end up with a draft pick.
Old 12-27-2010   #12
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn that's cold man. I always feel so rushed when posting a poll during peak board hours since you have to hurry and add your poll choices before anyone opens the thread and thinks WTF, so I missed some punctuation....

Man I feel like Antonio Smith and Brian Cushing during the Tacks game, we're turning on each other!!!!! Can't we all just get along?!?!?!?!?!

Also isn't a Titans board sort of an Oxymoron? I mean Titans Fans would have to have 3-4 things to have a Message Board:

1. Electricity
2. Computer w/Internet Connection
3. Enough brain power to operate a computer
4. Possibly opposable thumbs to type effeciently
Dude...

All I wanted was a question mark! It's all love, in the name of grammar. I'm not trying to rip your helmet off bro!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #13
Grforces
Veteran

Quote:
I think the Lock Out shouldn't be a reason. Even if a new coach is brought in and they can't practice as much, does McNair and the fan base expect a 14 win season in year one of a new regime? I don't see a Lock Out causing the season to be cancelled either.

I really could see Denver picking up Kubes either picking up his current contract or after he's canned, which means that he's off McNairs payroll either way.

I think this is the perfect oppurtunity for McNair to be a nice guy. He can dump Kubes and Gary gets to go to his second choice for coaching, and he gets to hire a new guy. Then Denver and Houston are both happy, and hell maybe we end up with a draft pick.
Ok, maybe im showing my football ignorance here, but picking up a draft pick for a coach? Does that really happen? I been reading it all over this board, but I thought it was sarcasm. Has it ever happened?
Old 12-28-2010   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Ok, maybe im showing my football ignorance here, but picking up a draft pick for a coach? Does that really happen? I been reading it all over this board, but I thought it was sarcasm. Has it ever happened?
It did at least one time, then the NFL prohibited it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #15
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

There are times when you know that a coach is getting fired.

Every single Houston sports writer --most of whom defended Kubiak until this season-- has committed to the campaign to oust him. And the fans are in solidarity with the media.

After five years, we can't win anything. And the wins we had this year were ugly, except week one, which we only secured through a surprise tactic.

Kansas City, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston. Which one of these is not like the others?

Four NFL coaches have already been canned, and the body count could probably reach ten, which dismisses concerns about a lockout deterring coaching changes.

Kubiak is done, and if he's not, we have an owner who's nuttier than Al Davis.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

neither response would surprise me, but instead of hoping/expecting one result I'll much rather just... wait it out and see what happens.

I'm a fan, I can't help it, I'll cheer for this team if Kubiak stays, I'll cheer if we get a new HC... Hell I'd cheer if they brought back Capers! (As in, I would cheer for the team, NOT for getting Capers back!)
Old 12-28-2010   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Yes he will be fired. Bob imo can no longer sell "We're so close!" or "We finished strong with a 4 game win streak to finish 8-8/9-7. We're gonna turn that corner next year."
Oh but he can .... Just take a look at the numbers.

Rushing offense.

Passing Offense

Rushing Defense. Yes I said Defense.

#1 in 3rd down conversions </=1 yard.

3rd down conversion %.

Last I checked - Before the Titans game - they were no lower than 7th in any of those categories.

#1 RB in TD's , Yards rushing , yards from scrimmage.

AJ . 4th in recieving yards 4th in receptions despite mising 2 games so far.

Schaub - 4th in passing yards. One of only a handful of QB's to take every snap so far this season( as well as last year).

Thats the things McNair can sell while keeping Kubiak and saying how close the team is ....

I think they started playing for draft position after losing to the Ravens. Otherwise you dont have MW on IR and AJ sitting on the sidelines.

My theory is that they keep Kubiak and bring in some players to try to fix whats broken on the back end of the defense. With the thinking being that they do so many things well that the pass defense is the one thing keeping them from success. (I dont believe thats all thats wrong with the team but thats not the discussion here).

They've also lost a few games in heart breaking fashion .... I know it doesnt matter how you lose but thats not the point. We're talkin about Bob here. Our opinions dont matter , he believes we are close and those losses like Jacksonville , NY Jets and Baltimore support his belief at least to some extent.

You can add the above to the fact that there will likely be a strike shortened season (If there is one at all). There could be no OTA's and no training camp. That would make a coaching transition very difficult. For the most part , it would be throwing away another season to get the staff and systems in place .... Followed by more complaining by fans.

Toss in having to pay Kubiak for next season anyway .... And I really believe that he sticks around for another year.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No, I don't think he will be fired! BUT, that does not mean I don't want him to be! I just think he will be given one more year, due to all the excuses that have been mentioned a zillion times.

Sure wish I had one of these!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #19
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poll Question
No, they're in the job for life club, lets all hug.
Sunshine, Lollipops, Rainbows AND Hugs!!! Wow!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #20
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
It did at least one time, then the NFL prohibited it.
It happens, and it's still allowed. In 2003, after the Gruden deal, it was temporarily prohibited, but was apparently quietly reinstated, as in 2006 Herm Edwards was "traded" to the Chiefs. Actually "trading" coaches (for draft picks) doesn't really happen; instead, a coach will ask permission to interview with another team. If that coach is hired, the hiring team sends compensatory draft picks to the other party. Examples:

1997 Bill Parcels left the Patriots in favor of the Jets and the Patriots were compensated with a first, second, third, and fourth round pick

1998 Mike Holmgren leaves the Packers to become coach/GM of the Seahawks. Packers were compensated with a 2nd round pick.

2000 Parcels resigns, Bill Belichick ascends to the head coaches job for the Jets but opts instead to go to New England. The Jets were compensated with the Patriots number 1 draft pick

2002 Jon Gruden left Oakland to join Tampa and Oakland got Tampa's number 1 pick.

In 2006, Herm Edwards leaves New York Jets to sign with Kansas City. Edwards still had 2 years left on his contract with NY but was not as high profile as the other three ... so the Jets got only a fourth round pick for him.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read