Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-27-2010   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default MNF: Saints vs. Falcons

good way to close MNF.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #2
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF: Saints vs. Falcons

Not sure if I can watch. I've already had enough of them praising Atlanta's third year coach and third year quarterback. It makes me grind my teeth to think about what a mess Atlanta was a few years ago, and now they're gunning for the Super Bowl.

Meanwhile, down on Kirby Drive...
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #3
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

On a positive note, I saw our former 9 million-dollar-man give up a big 3rd down completion and then get run over by an RB on back-to-back plays.
Old 12-27-2010   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No way in hell do I want to see the Falcons get to the SB, BUT, better them than the Saints! SOOOOOO!! GO Falcons tonight, and then lose the rest of the way!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #5
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43676 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got a sinking feeling about this one...

stupid mistakes. Penalties. Non-calls. Terrible blocking. No running game. Dropped passes.

This game isn't one that encourages me going into the playoffs.

Ugly in many phases.

Thank goodness Brees has such amazing pocket presence - that there are not more sacks is a testament to his elusiveness and not our OL's prowess
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
No way in hell do I want to see the Falcons get to the SB, BUT, better them than the Saints! SOOOOOO!! GO Falcons tonight, and then lose the rest of the way!!!
Why do you hate the Falcons?
Old 12-27-2010   #7
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91474 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Saints!!!
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

And #23 just dropped another easy interception. He is still looking for his first as a Falcon.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
And #23 just dropped another easy interception. He is still looking for his first as a Falcon.
He is still looking for his first since 2006.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #10
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91474 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Who Dat?!?!?!?!?!
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody that doesn't like Drew Brees hates America.

When Brees wins, the terrorists lose.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #13
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43676 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Brees was, indeed, phenomenal last night.

The run defense improved from last week vs. the Ravens. that was encouraging... really encouraging. It was as encouraging as our own run game was discouraging.

One thing I still don't understand, though, were the PI call/noncall in the end zone.

Decout faceguards Lance Moore - and knocks his arm down and blocks him from the ball. No flag. But later in the game, Porter does the same against Jenkins, and gets flagged.

Neither defender even made an attempt to get his head around. I definitely think the right call was made to flag the PI on Porter. I just don't get how it didn't get called on Decout.

For a 3 point game, it didn't feel like it was that close. We outgained them. Our defense gave up one TD. But with the TD-that-wasn't and another couple of drops, we left points up there.

But I suppose the Falcons certainly did, too - esp the fumble on the 1.

Grateful for the win. Beating Atlanta in the Dome gives us the confidence should we see them again. If that happens, it means we've won a couple playoff games, and I'll take that
Old 12-28-2010   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be happy for Dunta if his team earns himself a ring. That defense looks great!! Brees got shut down. 17 points, 7 on a comeback drive! Abraham is spectacular!!

Go Falcons.
Old 12-28-2010   #15
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I will be happy for Dunta if his team earns himself a ring. That defense looks great!! Brees got shut down. 17 points, 7 on a comeback drive! Abraham is spectacular!!

Go Falcons.
It was a madhouse in the Georgia Dome last night. I think the Falcons fans are looking too far ahead to the playoffs.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #16
RazorOye
Ayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
It was a madhouse in the Georgia Dome last night.
I heard it was due to all the Saints fans that made the trip
Old 12-28-2010   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What a game!

I like Drew Brees a lot. His one mistake was trying that shovel pass to avoid a sack. Other than that, he escapability in the pocket was incredible.

I have no ill feelings towards Dunta Robinson and hope he finds success. From what I saw last night, he's no better than Glover Quin and we'd have been fools paying him $12M for this year alone. He's just not that good. But... good luck
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
What a game!

I like Drew Brees a lot. His one mistake was trying that shovel pass to avoid a sack. Other than that, he escapability in the pocket was incredible.

I have no ill feelings towards Dunta Robinson and hope he finds success. From what I saw last night, he's no better than Glover Quin and we'd have been fools paying him $12M for this year alone. He's just not that good. But... good luck
12 million for homefield advantage... I'll take it.
Old 12-28-2010   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
12 million for homefield advantage... I'll take it.
So what I hear you saying is that if we paid $12 million for Robinson, we'd have home field advantage in the AFC?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
So what I hear you saying is that if we paid $12 million for Robinson, we'd have home field advantage in the AFC?
Let me clarify... What you hear me saying is that 12 million dollars would most likely have had an effect on us losing 7 of 8 games by a paltry score in the waning minutes...

What the bleep do you care about 12 million dollars? You're acting like it would have been detrimential to our team. A long-term mega-contract fine but franchising him would NOT have handcuffed us in anyway WHATSOEVER.

This was a dick measuring contest between Dunta and Smith. Somebody's laughing his way to a homefield advantage... and it ain't Rick.

Do not misunderstand... this is not regret and me wishing that we still had Dunta Robinsn. It's more of a testament to fire Rick Smith.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read