Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2010   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak Press Conference at 3:30

First.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Kubiak Press Conference at 3:30

"I don't have any doubt (we're close to being a great team), but getting close doesn't matter in this business." - Coach Kubiak on Texans

Sounds like "my goose is cooked" speak.
Old 12-27-2010   #3
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm listening...

Blah blah blah

I live in a $2.2 million dollar house off San Felipe so I really don't care what you are asking me john....

Blah blah blah

I make more than all of ya'll put together mark...

Blah blah blah
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

boy he sounds beat
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #5
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
boy he sounds beat
he also looks like crap. I'm not even sure if he'll be coaching on Sunday.

Wow, that was a sudden exit...
Old 12-27-2010   #6
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is a freaking wuss. Whoever that guy was asking the questions, I'm glad he did.

Has no freaking spine.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

is it just me or does every press conference end awkwardly?
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2010   #8
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

What was the sublex thing he was talking about with Sharpton?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #9
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
He hurt his shoulder during the first half of the game, continued to play hurt in the second. Will probably require surgery, out for the last game.

McMannis and Mitchell also banged up.
Old 12-27-2010   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Shoulder injury that might require surgery. Sharpton's done for the season.
Old 12-27-2010   #11
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak should pay Bobby Knight a visit and learn how to talk to the media in a more animated way. His press conferences are as boring and unprepared as the Texans on Sunday's.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #12
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
He hurt his shoulder during the first half of the game, continued to play hurt in the second. Will probably require surgery, out for the last game.
I know that, but what exactly is the injury and what is a sublex(sp?)?

He said his sublex popped out or something...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #13
dducky007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
he also looks like crap. I'm not even sure if he'll be coaching on Sunday.

Wow, that was a sudden exit...
That was a depressing video.
dducky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #14
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary, after the game, Antonio talked about confusion on D in 2nd half. 10 men on field, injuries, etc. what happened there?

Sutied 7 D linemen. Only game we've done that in my time here. 2 guys nicked up. We were trying to rotate guys. Got in a pickle so to speak. Our fault as coaches. Subsitutions got out of whack. He's right. There was confusion. Those things happen though. Gotta work through it.

Looking back, wish to use Arian more in 2nd half?

I like what we did. We moved the ball. I thought we moved the ball extremely well. Arian touched the ball on some screens. I didnt like how we ran the ball. We could play and run better. We moved the football. We just didnt finish any drives.

Update on Andre?

I hope he taps me on the shoulder saying he's ready. Will not practice. If he can go, he'll go.

Matt said you knew all week he wouldnt play.

Maybe Matt knew that. He taps me on the shoulder.

How do you feel about the season?

Disappointed. Words cant describe it. Thought we had a good team out of camp. Reason to be optimistic. Bottom line, lost 5-6 where we could have won.

What is this weeks excuse on missing tackles and getting beat on a college play. You cover up for these mistakes.

What play?

Last drive. Giving up plays to rookie QB.

He made a lot of great plays. Not here to make excuses. We lost contain on scramble. FACT not an excuse. When you give up big plays, you'll struggle to win.

Brian Cushing against NY looked like Cushing of last year. These 2 games, another guy, what happened?

We need him to do everything. If he isnt doing that, good things arent happening. He does some good things but also some mistakes.

What happened with Kareem? Gaffney got open.

In Quarters. Got safety help initially. He loses his help. Eyes in the backfield and got outrun.

Speculation on your job. You answered the same. 1 game left, how worried are you?

Nothing has changed for me. Wont answer any differently.

You look back on the season, anything you would like to change in preparation or coming out of camp. Anything?

We came out of camp good. Talked about being faster starting team. Started 2-0. If I could change one thing, Id like #59 back out there. Anytime not successful, many things you would change. I could probably come up with a lot of things. Lost too many close games and didnt make critical plays.

Always taking the blame for stuff. How many % of plays do you call?

What I do is I do gameplans. I go out there to call the game but take input from everyone. All the coaches. When you call games, its about everyone putting their brains together. A lot of good on offense.

You said earlier, 5-6 games that could go either way. Feel like team is that close?

I have no doubts. Close doesnt matter though. Gotta win those games. We had chances here and there to win a game. All along I said, you wanna put yourself in position to win and we have but we havent won. We struggled with that.

Every week, your close but 1 mistake does you in.

Not sure it's one mistake. There is a series of things that put you in that situation. You gotta make more plays than your opponent and obviously havent done that. Last play for us yesterday, what do you pin that on? Ball just got tipped and picked. They made that play and we didnt. Cant blame the QB or O-linemen. Just gotta keep playing. Mentality of working through things.

Touched on DeMeco not being there. Surprised you havent turned it around this year?

Greaet point. We struggled last year and found our way out of it. Along the way, we didnt have some of the issues this year. We struggled and had big issues this year. Those things made things harder to bail ourselves out. Still not acceptable.

What happened that Jacoby got it all together?

I challenged him night before the game. Time for him to grow up. He played pretty darn good yesterday. He took a step forward. Made some guys miss.

How much of a surprise has Damione Lewis been? How much has he helped?

We thought we had that guy at the beginning of camp in Frank but obviously not. Damione a pleasant surprise for us. Impressed the way he has played.

Grade on Sharpton?

Struggled in the middle. Not effort though. Had some mistakes that took him back. Nothing to do with effort. He was done for the year. Could be facing surgery.

What happened?

[Something - didnt comprehend what it was] Popped out. Gotta get fixed.

Who else isnt playing?

Shouldnt have told you that. McManis. Cody is beat up. Mitchell got an ankle. We'll see.

You came here. Houston guy. Houston counting on you to turn it around. HOw much does it hurt?

Part of my job. I came here to win games and do that. Thats what Bob pays me to do. Not a lack of effort or work.

These calls that go against you, one thing after another.

We had a tough one yesterday. Jason's illegal contact was tough to deal with. Good teams though find a way to deal with that.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #15
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know that, but what exactly is the injury and what is a sublex(sp?)?

He said his sublex popped out or something...
IDK.

I do know that Kubiak said he doesn't mind the protesters that will be at Reliant on Sunday calling for his head.
Old 12-27-2010   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's the drunk thread at?
Old 12-27-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Where's the drunk thread at?
I know the way! Follow me
Old 12-27-2010   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I anticipate my interview question would go something like this:

Me: So your time as head coach hasn't worked out for anyone. What's your solution?

Kubiak: It's inexcusable. Gotta work through it.
Old 12-27-2010   #19
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone think a Coors Light commercial will ever be made using one of kubiak's press conferences?
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Anyone think a Coors Light commercial will ever be made using one of kubiak's press conferences?
Probably not. Maybe Lunesta or one of those drug companies that make sleeping aid pills will use a clip or two from a Kubiak press conference. Also, erectile dysfunction commercials can use Kubiak's down and out demeanor to sell more pills.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read