Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2010   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does anyone actually want Kubiak to stay?

I for one would like to see him stay if he brings in a new proven DC.

I am the only one?

And no I am not going to argue against the whole board as to why.
Old 12-27-2010   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does anyone actually want Kubiak to stay?

id be fine with giving him one last chance once there were changes on the D side
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Does anyone actually want Kubiak to stay?

And a GM who picked the players the GM wanted and not the guys Kubiak wants.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #4
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted him to stay until the last two weeks. I do think he will go on to be a successful HC somewhere but he needs to be fired once first. Yeah, I know that sounds funny, and maybe ignorant but its like a teenager learning that his friends will get him in trouble... it usually takes getting burned pretty badly before it sinks in.

The only way I'd see him stay is if a DC is brought in with a title like Assistant HC or something but I think we're beyond that point. I didn't see the game yesterday (traveling... I know... first game I've missed that I was actually able to view in history... shame on me) but to me the team looks like they've quit on him. That is pretty much the end of the line if you ask me.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #5
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I appreciate both you guys standing up for what you believe is good for the team, but I believe he's had his chance, the blame lies squarely at his feet, and he needs to go. Will I abandon this team if they don't let him go? I doubt it, I'm inherently a masochist
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

TK will be here shortly.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #7
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I for one would like to see him stay if he brings in a new proven DC.

I am the only one?

And no I am not going to argue against the whole board as to why.
I won't argue either, I'll just say that assuming Kubiak stays - it's going to be extremely difficult to attract a "proven" DC.
Old 12-27-2010   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I don't think Kubiak even wants to stay. If Bob does not make a move this team will be a bigger joke than it is now. There are teams firing their coaches right now with less reasons.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #9
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak should be traded to Denver for a 2nd rounder.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 52348 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not passionate about Kubiak, just as I am not as passionate about the Texans I once was. I really do not care if he stays, but if he does I want a new GM, DC and ST coach.
Old 12-27-2010   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I am not passionate about Kubiak, just as I am not as passionate about the Texans I once was. I really do not care if he stays, but if he does I want a new GM, DC and ST coach.
say it aint so joe?
Old 12-27-2010   #12
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 41977 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

On balance, I think he's had enough time and needs to go, but I do feel that his potential is unfulfilled.

If I could be certain that he'd hire an experienced DC as opposed to one of his buddies from Denver, I'd have a modicum of interest in keeping him. But to be honest, he's already failed that test.

I still have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that he's going to be successful if we get rid of him.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
At this point I don't think Kubiak even wants to stay. If Bob does not make a move this team will be a bigger joke than it is now. There are teams firing their coaches right now with less reasons.
I picked up on that vibe yesterday from the tone of his voice during the press interviews.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak needs to go. Who do you think brought Richard Smith and Frank Bush here? What makes you believe he will get it right with another DC?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
TK will be here shortly.
I'm not sure TK is still pro-Kubiak.
Old 12-27-2010   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
I still have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that he's going to be successful if we get rid of him.
agreed on that. there is quite a bit of potential greatness on this team if they could ever put it together... and although kubiak rightfully gets blame for not doing it, i think a significant part of that is to do with the 'other' players we have not doing their jobs
Old 12-27-2010   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I do but hes not doing a good job on keeping a case for him to stay

i mean two 4 game losing streaks ouch

5-11 ouch !!!!!!!!!!

I wanted him to stay but wasent these last 4 games a test for him well hes falling that so far
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #18
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19932 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think you'll find anyone on here who enjoyed the fifth annual mid-season, four-game losing streak, let alone anyone who looks forward to the sixth.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kind of like KT - I won't be hopping mad if a new coach is brought in and I won't be hopping made if Kubiak stays with caveats on both. I am not in the anybody but Kubiak club. I really dislike Gruden and don't see Fox as an improvement as HC. If they could land Cowher, Jimmy Johnson or Harbaugh then that's fine. If Kubiak stays at a minimum Bush and Gibbs need to leave and I would prefer a new GM as well. I am most interested in seeing a proven DC brought in either way.
Old 12-27-2010   #20
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I'm kind of like KT - I won't be hopping mad if a new coach is brought in and I won't be hopping made if Kubiak stays with caveats on both. I am not in the anybody but Kubiak club. I really dislike Gruden and don't see Fox as an improvement as HC. If they could land Cowher, Jimmy Johnson or Harbaugh then that's fine. If Kubiak stays at a minimum Bush and Gibbs need to leave and I would prefer a new GM as well. I am most interested in seeing a proven DC brought in either way.

Cak, for the first time in history, you voiced my opinion exactly.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read