Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Broncos-Texans Post Game quotes

Quote:
“It’s tough to find the words right now to kind of describe how I’m feeling, how we’re feeling,” quarterback Matt Schaub said.
Quote:
“It’s inexcusable as a team to let go of a 17-0 lead on the road,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. “Everybody has their part in it, but the fact that we could not stop them the whole second half after we played pretty good defense in the first half was just, to me, inexcusable.”
Quote:
We had a good call for the coverage and the blitz that they were bringing,” Schaub said. “If I can get that one into OD’s hands, then he might score on that. The guy went in and got his hand on it and tipped the ball in the air.”
well that is it on that article, but I am still looking for mere (really don't know why)

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-208725cce694
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Broncos-Texans Post Game quotes

Doesn't he use the word inexcusable every week?
Old 12-26-2010   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

How tall is Schaub? I ask not because I think he's too short (obviously he's not) but because I can't help but notice how often he has balls batted at the line of scrimmage. Defenders seem to get a hand on a lot of passes he throws and it makes me wonder if there's something we could do to try and get some of these passing lanes opened up. Is it a case of Schaub's delivery taking too long? Are our linemen not giving him lanes to throw through? Is this just my imagination? He just seems to have a lot of passes tipped/batted at the line of scrimmage to me.
Old 12-26-2010   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

He's 6'5".
Old 12-26-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43353 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
How tall is Schaub? I ask not because I think he's too short (obviously he's not) but because I can't help but notice how often he has balls batted at the line of scrimmage. Defenders seem to get a hand on a lot of passes he throws and it makes me wonder if there's something we could do to try and get some of these passing lanes opened up. Is it a case of Schaub's delivery taking too long? Are our linemen not giving him lanes to throw through? Is this just my imagination? He just seems to have a lot of passes tipped/batted at the line of scrimmage to me.
I think he has a pretty slow release.
Old 12-26-2010   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"He's impressive. He's a winner."
—Texans coach Gary Kubiak on Tim Tebow.
Quote:
We found another way to get beat today. We were pretty darn good in the first half. But if you go back and look, I don't know if we stopped (the Broncos) one time in the second half. We had a chance to win the game at the end, but that's the way it's been (going)."
—Kubiak, after his team lost for the fifth time this season when blowing a fourth-quarter lead.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16947462
Old 12-26-2010   #7
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

The announcers said the ball was not tipped by the guy's hand but hit the defender in the helmet. I did not tape the game and could not check that, anybody know if that was the case?
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2010   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

"He's impressive. He's a winner."
—Texans coach Gary Kubiak on Tim Tebow.

Good I hope you enjoy coaching him in Denver next year!
Old 12-26-2010   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
The announcers said the ball was not tipped by the guy's hand but hit the defender in the helmet. I did not tape the game and could not check that, anybody know if that was the case?
yes thats what happened
Old 12-26-2010   #10
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

If that is the case, the pass was thrown too low. That has happened before at the end of games.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #11
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Yep, the commentators even made a joke about the defender using his head on that play.
Old 12-26-2010   #12
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

so glad i watch the team canada game today and not this garbage lol i jsut laughed when i saw the score lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Schaub (6'5") took about 7 seconds to release the ball. Brian Dawkings with a feeble jump deflected the ball..........not with his hands (although he had his hands up)..........with his helmet. Dawkins is their safety.........He's only 6' tall. The closer a defender gets, the higher the trajectory the ball needs to be thrown.........or there better be an open lane. Neither option was taken or open. That's the recurrent theme you have witnessed on these Schaub passes. If you replay that play, you will notice that the ball was released at a short arm straight trajectory off the shoulder level, not too much different than a high side arm trajectory.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-24c85894232f

Quote:
(on tipped balls) “A long, long time ago, George Seifert put me in a room for about two days and told me to study tipped passes. I still haven’t come up with the answer, so they get tipped sometimes.”
Quote:
(on Broncos progress) “I don’t know about the Broncos. I know the Texans are really struggling right now. That was my first look at them – getting ready to play them this week. They were good enough to beat us so I am impressed with what they did.”

(on low points throughout the season) “There have been a few of them. But this is today, so it is a very low point.”

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read