Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Did you care about todays game?
Yes, it's Texans football and as a fan of the Texans I'm obligated to care. 12 13.48%
Sort of, but not as much as I thought I would. What's happening to me? 19 21.35%
Not really, at least not as much as I used to. What's happening to me? 32 35.96%
Not at all. Is it Sunday already? How bad did we lose? 26 29.21%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2010   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I don't even care

I mean it. I watched the second half of the game today in a kind of unfocused semi-nap because I'd finished working outside and just came in to crash. I watched them choke the entire thing up and didn't even care. No high blood pressure, no cursing at the television set. Nothing. It didn't matter to me at all. Anyone else at the "I just don't care anymore" stage?
Old 12-26-2010   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I don't even care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I mean it. I watched the second half of the game today in a kind of unfocused semi-nap because I'd finished working outside and just came in to crash. I watched them choke the entire thing up and didn't even care. No high blood pressure, no cursing at the television set. Nothing. It didn't matter to me at all. Anyone else at the "I just don't care anymore" stage?
Yep!
Old 12-26-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

yep
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

how else are you supposed to watch it at this stage? nothing to play for & in reality, it prob helps us for next yr.

i feel bad for anyone who still gets upset at games like these
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #5
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

I started to curse and the cursing turned into laughter. I'll bet that there are at least 3 high schools in Houston that could beat the Texans. I was glad to see Tebow build his confidence and his numbers.
Old 12-26-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what should scare McNair. Apathy is setting in.
Old 12-26-2010   #7
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

100% agree. I was talking to my father when the game was 17-0 and my mother pipes in, "don't worry, they'll figure out a way to blow it." I didn't even try to argue.

I think the best word to describe my mood while watching the 4th quarter was "bemused." I just sort of smirked, rolled my eyes, and in that moment probably saw the Texans the way the rest of the country does.

They've become more than bad or disappointing. They're just lame now.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2010   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, hence my 'section' location under my avatar.

I got a bunch of Texan gear for Christmas from my daughter Sam. It was extremely hard to show my excitement for it. I ONLY showed any happiness because it came from her.

The highlight of my gifts this year was an Oiler's mini helmet autographed by Mike Rozier! Didn't even matter that much that it didn't have Earl's autograph on it.

Oiler first and foremost! Texan second...even when it sucks to be one.
Old 12-26-2010   #9
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I think just by watching the game, you show you feel obligated enough to care... thus, I seem to be the single vote for option one
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
This is what should scare McNair. Apathy is setting in.
its apathy for a lost season. theres plenty of other teams fans feeling the same

as much as ppl will deny it publicly or say otherwise we'll all care again by next september (assumong there is football).

some will say they're done if kubiak is still there but they'll be right back on the bandwagon if we get a big win etc
Old 12-26-2010   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

My wife was getting pissed off and then asked me how I could just lay there on the couch and not be annoyed. I told her I didn't really want them to lose, but it really wouldn't bother me if they did. I've been there since they hit 5-7, to be honest. Despite the protestations of thunderkyss, I knew the season was over.
Old 12-26-2010   #12
Webbster
Rookie

It's hard to actually care when NO ONE in the Texans Organization cares; from the Owner on Down...
Webbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I think just by watching the game, you show you feel obligated enough to care... thus, I seem to be the single vote for option one
I don't know about that. I was actually surprised that the game was on when I joined in. I went into today thinking it was a noon game and when I turned the TV on I was surprised the Texans were playing. I wasn't even dead set on football. I just turned on the TV and went looking for something to watch, thought "It's Sunday, I wonder what the Texans did" and ran into their second half in the process.
Old 12-26-2010   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't know about that. I was actually surprised that the game was on when I joined in. I went into today thinking it was a noon game and when I turned the TV on I was surprised the Texans were playing. I wasn't even dead set on football. I just turned on the TV and went looking for something to watch, thought "It's Sunday, I wonder what the Texans did" and ran into their second half in the process.
stop trying to play it of. you know if you rly didnt care, you wouldnt have been arsed to post this thread on a forum
Old 12-26-2010   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Whatever. I've been posting after Texans losses for 9 years. It's kind of a habit at this point.
Old 12-26-2010   #16
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum View Post
Yup, hence my 'section' location under my avatar.

I got a bunch of Texan gear for Christmas from my daughter Sam. It was extremely hard to show my excitement for it. I ONLY showed any happiness because it came from her.

The highlight of my gifts this year was an Oiler's mini helmet autographed by Mike Rozier! Didn't even matter that much that it didn't have Earl's autograph on it.

Oiler first and foremost! Texan second...even when it sucks to be one.

Well said TA. I think that there are a lot of Oiler first fans on this site. I'm a little envious.....you got a signed Oiler helmet! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Old 12-26-2010   #17
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

I came to this realization today while I was driving home from Dallas for Christmas. I've always checked to see what time the game was, just in case I could A) make it home before kickoff if possible, or B) postpone leaving until after the game if possible. Today I didn't even check because it mattered that little to me. I got home just now to check the score to see how much we lost by.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Its simply a better draft position at this point, thats all.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote:

Quote:
Sort of, but not as much as I thought I would. What's happening to me?
What the hell is happening to me??? I dealt with the Oilers losses, but always showed up and was passionate! I've been dealing with the Astros and still stayed passionate. Same for the Rockets..... For eight seasons, I was passionate about the Texans and now this in the ninth season.. I just don't care as much as I thought I would.

As JB said earlier in another thread, "Apathy has set in!"
Old 12-26-2010   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

as I put on another thread

my thoughts on the discussion of rooting for the Texans to win or for them to lose

I have no feelings on it. I am just a wingman for the Texans for 3 hours on Sunday.

It would be like Bill and I going to a gentlemens club and he starts talking to a woman and she has a friend with her.. My job is to just keep her ugly friend from being bored while Bill scores

it's what a wingman does

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read