Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2010   #1
ToxicButt
Rookie

Rep Power: 140 ToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Broncos - Please whup the Texans

This is going to tick some people off but, as per the title, I'm hoping for a lopsided win by the Broncos. Here is why:

- this season is a huge failure, whether we win or lose the last two games.

- Bob McNair needs to be embarrassed into firing Kubiak. Nothing short of two more decisive losses to cap off a 5-11 season will do it. We're talking about startin 4-2, and then closing with a 1-9 record. Hell, I'm not 100% sure that two more horrific losses will do the trick, but it's important that this happen. Critical.

- Losing the last two games will enhance our draft pick status, which is damn important since we need all the help we can get.

- I want AJ to sit. He is too damn valuable and has given as much or more than anyone else on the team. I also want him to sit to help us lose this game.

- For those of you that want us to win the game, you better be huge kubiak supporters.

- For those of you that are thinking it's worth winning two meaningless games, just consider that dropping a few draft spots could cost us a prized prospect.

- Just four years ago, Jeff Van Gundy insisted that the Rockets win a meaningless season finale, which cost the Rockets the ability to draft Brandon Roy. Granted, his knees are now shot, but that's beside the point.

- I'm not saying that a team should openly tank.

- I'm saying that as a fan, you should want to lose every game after you're eliminated from the playoffs, unless you're wanting to protect the coaching staff.
ToxicButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Broncos - Please whup the Texans

Agree 100%.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #3
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems to me that this topic is a dead horse. If you want to root for the team to lose, that's your prerogative - but I doubt you're going to convince anyone to root against their team for the sake of drafting high (its not like good draft positions have been of much use to use in the past). Besides, considering McNair's attitude, I doubt 5-11 will make much of a difference from 7-9. If he's going to dump Kubiak, he will do so.
Old 12-25-2010   #4
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3740 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree completely. However, I'm not sure I can watch the game and not root for the Texans so I may just watch highlights and read the summaries/box score.
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #5
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicButt View Post
This is going to tick some people off but, as per the title, I'm hoping for a lopsided win by the Broncos. Here is why:

- Bob McNair needs to be embarrassed into firing Kubiak. Nothing short of two more decisive losses to cap off a 5-11 season will do it. We're talking about startin 4-2, and then closing with a 1-9 record. Hell, I'm not 100% sure that two more horrific losses will do the trick, but it's important that this happen. Critical.

- Losing the last two games will enhance our draft pick status, which is damn important since we need all the help we can get.

- I want AJ to sit. He is too damn valuable and has given as much or more than anyone else on the team. I also want him to sit to help us lose this game.

- For those of you that want us to win the game, you better be huge kubiak supporters.

- For those of you that are thinking it's worth winning two meaningless games, just consider that dropping a few draft spots could cost us a prized prospect.

- Just four years ago, Jeff Van Gundy insisted that the Rockets win a meaningless season finale, which cost the Rockets the ability to draft Brandon Roy. Granted, his knees are now shot, but that's beside the point.

- I'm saying that as a fan, you should want to lose every game after you're eliminated from the playoffs, unless you're wanting to protect the coaching staff.
While I get what you are saying.

It's not in my DNA to wish for the Texans to lose.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #7
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 15483 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubes is gone no matter what now. I'm not hoping we lose but at the same time it would be nice getting a solid draft pick.

I am pretty indifferent of the outcome this weekend.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-25-2010   #8
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me what you want... But I want the Texans to win every game it plays! I don't ever want to be associated with a team that openly losses on purpose.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #9
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. But your post reminded me of a game in 2005 against the 49ers. Too bad Kris Brown isn't here to shank (wink wink) a chip shot field goal. At least we knew then we were playing in the Reggie Bush Bowl (and we took Mario hahahaha). Is this the Bill Cowher Bowl?
Old 12-25-2010   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Call me what you want... But I want the Texans to win every game it plays! I don't ever want to be associated with a team that openly losses on purpose.
Says the Rocket fan

Hakeem was aquired thru tanking.

Same with Duncan
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #11
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicButt View Post

I was gonna consider this thread blasphemy, but I can't disagree
with a damn bit of it.

Here's to Kubiak's (post)-Christmas looking like this:
Old 12-25-2010   #12
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 234 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

If the team doesn't show up in Denver, all the owners will be patting McNair on the back for not overtraining his team over the holidays.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont want to lose but im indifferent about the game. i think kubiaks staying on regardless. the broncos wont blow us out btw. i also think a good draft pick would help and to continue the basketball analogies we're kinda like that 40 win team stuck in purgatory cos we havent been quite good enough to make the playoffs or bad enough to draft the elite talent it takes to get there.

obviously basketball drafts have far less overall talent in them but i d ont see that much harm in a team tanking a lost season. hell the jags did it last yr and now they playing hard for the division this year
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans - Please whup the Broncos. After you're done get rid of Kubiak and Company.
Old 12-25-2010   #15
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Losing the game to get a higher draft pick is not going to work out very well if Kubiak is still here.

While I believe that Kubiak needs to go - and go now, I cannot root for my team to loose to anyone.

Go Texans!!!
Old 12-25-2010   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want the Texans to lose tomorrow, then you must be a Broncos fan. End of story.
Old 12-25-2010   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Texans - Please whup the Broncos. After you're done get rid of Kubiak and Company.
This.

Perhaps they can just leave Kubiak in Denver afterwards.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I will never wish for the Texans to lose, no matter the circumstances.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
If you want the Texans to lose tomorrow, then you must be a Broncos fan. End of story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I will never wish for the Texans to lose, no matter the circumstances.
This!

/thread
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Texans!! Kick some ToxicButt tomorrow!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read