Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2010   #1
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What was up with Kubiak wearing gloves?

To some of you guys, you probably remember me. Long time, no post. To catch up you other guys up, I was a very big skeptic on Carr and labeled McNair more as the problem to the woes of our team.

Anyway, I am in Europe now. Currently, it is night time here, I am in Nuremburg, drinking Becks beer, 4.9% I might add, and reflecting on watching the Texans debacle while I was in Rome. I was fortunate to to walk by an Irish pub down the street from the horse statue thing that was showing all the NFL games.

So, picture this, I am in Rome, at an Irish pub, watching the Texans, eating nachos grande while slamming Coronas. The game begins and I see Kubiak wearing gloves while holding his Denny's menu. I explain my issue regarding the gloves to another American in the bar. The guy's response was, "you don't you like that guy, do you?"

So, can someone fill me in on the Kubiak glove deal? Is that not Carr redux?
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What was up with Kubiak wearing gloves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
To some of you guys, you probably remember me. Long time, no post. To catch up you other guys up, I was a very big skeptic on Carr and labeled McNair more as the problem to the woes of our team.

Anyway, I am in Europe now. Currently, it is night time here, I am in Nuremburg, drinking Becks beer, 4.9% I might add, and reflecting on watching the Texans debacle while I was in Rome. I was fortunate to to walk by an Irish pub down the street from the horse statue thing that was showing all the NFL games.

So, picture this, I am in Rome, at an Irish pub, watching the Texans, eating nachos grande while slamming Coronas. The game begins and I see Kubiak wearing gloves while holding his Denny's menu. I explain my issue regarding the gloves to another American in the bar. The guy's response was, "you don't you like that guy, do you?"

Ummmmm, I'm going to guess he had cold hands.

How is this worth a post?
Old 12-23-2010   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

It seems very relevant considering when David Carr started wearing gloves in his tenure as a Texan.

Maybe it's nothing and I am completely oblivious since I am not in Texas anymore.

I still watch the games though...
Old 12-23-2010   #4
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It seems very relevant considering when David Carr started wearing gloves in his tenure as a Texan.

Maybe it's nothing and I am completely oblivious since I am not in Texas anymore.

David Carr did earn his wage by throwing a ball though (well, 'earn' his wage is used bery liberally here).

There is plenty of things to rip on Kubes about before getting to his gloves.
Old 12-23-2010   #5
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why was Kubiak wearing gloves ?
He was practicing for his new career in proctology?
Old 12-23-2010   #6
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

It allows him to get a better grip on the menu to make sure they don't stray from the script on matter how far behind they get in the score.....

.... or he was cold.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good to see you posting, Hollywood. I hope your stay abroad is working well for you.
Old 12-23-2010   #8
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Kubes out as much as anyone... but this is ridiculous.

I like wearing shorts, but when it gets cold, I put on jeans.

I like wearing short sleeved shirts, but when it gets cold I put on a jacket or a hoodie.

I like my hands the way they are, but when it gets cold, I put on gloves.

I am sure Kubiak was thinking much along the same lines.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #9
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think the bigger question is why are you drinking Beck's Beer? You can find that import anywhere. You should be throwing down some local bavarian beer like Hofbrau or Paulaner. Now that's some good beer.

alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats up with Kubes making dumbass decisions?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #11
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Maybe he was trying to channel Dan Marino!

Welcome back Hollywooooooood!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to see you back, Hollywood.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #13
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 305 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Nevermind...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #14
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 305 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Rep!
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010   #15
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

How are you liking the military Hollywood? I think you should post on here periodically about your experiences as an older boot recruit. I think what you did at your age is commendable to say the least. Really good to hear from you.

I second the motion on the Paulaner. Oktoberfest!
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010   #16
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

On the Kubiak glove thing, it just reminds me when Kubiak turns his back on the last play of the game because he can't stand to watch the end. Then there is the Carr situation of wearing gloves towards the tailend of his career in Houston.

You guys are pretty funny about a lot of stuff and I was trying to get the creative juices flowing on the Kubiak glove wearing subject. I guess it is a dead end. But, I tried.

Thanks for all the hellos and I hope everyone is doing well.

On the topic of drinking Becks beer. The Beck's I drink is not imported to the states. I have had the local/regional brewed beer, but Beck's just seems better to me.

I'll post my personal experiences in another forum to keep the topic on the Texans!
Old 12-24-2010   #17
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Good to see you posting, Hollywood. I hope your stay abroad is working well for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Good to see you back, Hollywood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
How are you liking the military Hollywood? I think you should post on here periodically about your experiences as an older boot recruit. I think what you did at your age is commendable to say the least. Really good to hear from you.

I second the motion on the Paulaner. Oktoberfest!

What they said...

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010   #18
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome back Hollywood. How's the life in Europe?

About Kubiak, probably cold.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read