Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If Kubiak stays

I would like for him to make this significant change as a HC:

Let Matt Schaub call the plays. It's obvious that they go with a game plan when the game starts, then we start to suck so they throw the game plan out, Matt gains more control of the offense and we start to score more points in the second half.

HELLO!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kubiak stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Let Matt Schaub call the plays. It's obvious that they go with a game plan when the game starts, then we start to suck so they throw the game plan out, Matt gains more control of the offense and we start to score more points in the second half.
HELLO!!!
Problem with scoring is not in the second half. We need to score more in the first half.
Old 12-22-2010   #3
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we make teams run their prevent defense in the first quarter? That'd be great.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

HELLO!!!

Most teams do not allow their QB to call plays. If I were to guess at the dynamics, I would guess that it is Dennison calling plays when we are in a funk (1st half). I'm sure Kubiak takes control when we go down by 2 or three scores.

We look more like we did last year, Matt wasn't calling plays last year. Kubiak was.
Old 12-22-2010   #5
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Most teams do not allow their QB to call plays. If I were to guess at the dynamics, I would guess that it is Dennison calling plays when we are in a funk (1st half). I'm sure Kubiak takes control when we go down by 2 or three scores.

We look more like we did last year, Matt wasn't calling plays last year. Kubiak was.
I'm pretty sure that last year it was 'lil Shanny calling the offense.

So you may be right about Dennison calling the plays...but in the two minute offense I think it is mainly Schaub calling the plays.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubes stays i just wanna WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

My gut reaction to the thread title is this...

If Kubiak stays....then I will renew my season tickets (lest I lose my PSL), but I will likely sell several sets of my tickets (if not all).
Old 12-22-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Problem with scoring is not in the second half. We need to score more in the first half.
Duh! That's my point. They call the plays and it doesn't work but they stick with it. Then when Matt starts calling the plays, he gets the offense going and we score points. I'm saying, let's do this earlier. Give Schaub that ability. He's been in this offense for 3 years now.
Old 12-22-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
My gut reaction to the thread title is this...

If Kubiak stays....then I will renew my season tickets (lest I lose my PSL), but I will likely sell several sets of my tickets (if not all).
So basically what you are saying is...you will not go to games unless they win. Why buy season tickets then? This is what ends up making our stadium the other teams stadium.
Old 12-22-2010   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak stays I'll continue bitching and watching, watching and bitching.

It's just my way.
Old 12-22-2010   #11
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So basically what you are saying is...you will not go to games unless they win. Why buy season tickets then? This is what ends up making our stadium the other teams stadium.
The fanbase, in my opinion, can stomach a loss when the organization
is doing EVERY THING IT CAN to strive for excellence. What is unacceptable,
is for this organization to peddle four consecutive years of 5-7 starts,
and a 5-9 record, as "on the right track, according to other NFL owners."

When the Cowboys fans got tired of option B, Jerry Jones didn't hesitate.
The Cowboys have a bad record in 2010, but their fans know the boss
is doing ALL HE CAN to bring a winner to Dallas.

We need to see the same out of Bob. Kubiak staying, is NOT an option.
Old 12-22-2010   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Duh! That's my point. They call the plays and it doesn't work but they stick with it. Then when Matt starts calling the plays, he gets the offense going and we score points. I'm saying, let's do this earlier. Give Schaub that ability. He's been in this offense for 3 years now.
I think you are vastly overstating how much play calling Schaub has done. He does more in the 2 minute drill but he isn't out there unfettered. You can see him with his hands over his ear holes because he is still in communication with the coaches. Now they'll shorten the play calls leaving him more discretion and call multiple plays at once but he isn't out there without guidance.
Old 12-22-2010   #13
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak stays then life will go on and I'll still be a fan, albeit a very disappointed and frustrated one. It's the psychology of this team that is effed and that's directly the result of Kubiak's coaching (or lack thereof). We can't reasonably expect much to change while Kubiak is around. That said, we could at least get a decent DC and pray for an easy schedule.
Old 12-22-2010   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

If Kubiak stays I will tell him he can kiss my ass.

If Kubiak goes I will tell him he can kiss my ass.

So kiss my ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #15
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1034 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

If he stays....
Old 12-22-2010   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
If Kubiak stays I will tell him he can kiss my ass.

If Kubiak goes I will tell him he can kiss my ass.

So kiss my ass!
Thorn? That's not funny. Log off brakos account immediately.
Old 12-22-2010   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think you are vastly overstating how much play calling Schaub has done. He does more in the 2 minute drill but he isn't out there unfettered. You can see him with his hands over his ear holes because he is still in communication with the coaches. Now they'll shorten the play calls leaving him more discretion and call multiple plays at once but he isn't out there without guidance.
Absolutely.

I have somewhat noticed that Schaub didn't cover up his helmet as much this season. It seems that this happened a lot more last season. Has our home crowd finally learned to shut up on offense?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read