Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2010   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian sounds really down

I saw this interview with Winston, Antonio and Arian. Foster is the last segment at about the 1:50 mark. My home speakers aren't the best and he kinda mumbles but it sounds to me like he said he was ready to go back in and just didn't get the call. Did I misunderstand? Or is he being saved for next year?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian sounds really down

Well, he said he was ready to go back in, and healthy. But, he had been limping earlier. Just very dissapointed in the loss.
Old 12-21-2010   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Some dumbass on the radio just said, the reason the Texans held him out is because they dont want to pay any bonuses he may have in his contract....BTW a Cowboys fan.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

knowing the cheapskate we have in the owner's box, maybe he called his buddy Kubiak who is 'on the right track' and told him to sit him down so he doesn't get the stats.

That way McNair won't have to pay the NFL's leading rusher, the NFL's leading rusher money when its time to pay the piper.

maybe I am being a little cynical, but it wouldn't surprise me. being the 'NFL leading rusher' is a pretty good bargaining chip. Now that chip is to be squashed it seems...

FIRE BOB
Old 12-21-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Some dumbass on the radio just said, the reason the Texans held him out is because they dont want to pay any bonuses he may have in his contract....BTW a Cowboys fan.
I wouldn't hold it past Rick Smith. He's a pretty smarmy fella.
Old 12-21-2010   #6
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Either that or they FINALLY made a good freakin' choice and gave one of our stars a rest! Everybody on here knows how short the shelf life of an NFL back is, why would we want to send out Foster in a meaningless game when he is less than 100%? Limit his touches in the last few games, pay him, reap the rewards next season. Simple.
TexCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
knowing the cheapskate we have in the owner's box, maybe he called his buddy Kubiak who is 'on the right track' and told him to sit him down so he doesn't get the stats.

That way McNair won't have to pay the NFL's leading rusher, the NFL's leading rusher money when its time to pay the piper

maybe I am being a little cynical, but it wouldn't surprise me. being the 'NFL leading rusher' is a pretty good bargaining chip. Now that chip is to be squashed it seems...

FIRE BOB
That's what crossed my mind. Hell, AJ's been playing with a high ankle sprain since the second game and he's not sitting. I did see Jacoby getting a lot more snaps Sunday though so maybe they're resting him a little but I did think about *someone* not wanting him to get the title. If there's any truth to that, well it just sux.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2010   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15057 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That way McNair won't have to pay the NFL's leading rusher, the NFL's leading rusher money when its time to pay the piper.

FIRE BOB
1. The run had been ineffective all game

2. We were down by multiple TD

3. Pretty sure Foster will be a ERFA

4. The Texans have no problems paying players, especially deserving players

Bob certainly deserves criticism, and lots of it. There's no reason to levy false criticism.
Old 12-21-2010   #9
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

FIRE BOB
i would expect this from you and maybe a few others on this board and I could count them on one hand. Needless to say I am going to take this with me and give it to Bob Himself and Tell him to keep it up and maybe we will not see you around much longer. If I were Bob and I had fans with your attitude I would Move to Memphis Just to stuff it down your throat.
Old 12-21-2010   #10
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading between the lines...
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #11
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, so Arian Foster felt like he could go back in however the coach felt otherwise and kept him on the bench?

Why didn't Foster throw his pads into the stands? The least he could have done is cuss out Kubiak in the locker room and walk out on his coach (not his teammates btw). AF clearly is not a winner.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #12
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Wait, so Arian Foster felt like he could go back in however the coach felt otherwise and kept him on the bench?

Why didn't Foster throw his pads into the stands? The least he could have done is cuss out Kubiak in the locker room and walk out on his coach (not his teammates btw). AF clearly is not a winner.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #13
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

FIRE BOB
Signed,
Chris Johnson.

Old 12-22-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Jackass!!!

Must've been Second Honeymoon calling in.
Old 12-22-2010   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Jackass!!!

Must've been Second Honeymoon calling in.
good one TB. your about as funny as anal warts.

and if anyone knows about those, it would be you.

ba-dum-pa *punchline drums*

and I love how all this hate is directed towards me even though i was the one who was warning this was all gonna happen. i was actually quite positive and hopeful too once the season started....but whatever, here I am. The board's whipping boy. Go for it. Just another day. Take your frustrations at being fooled by this band of losers out on me. No big deal. i wear it like a badge of honor. Maybe people should spend less time trying to flame me and more time getting some real and honest insight towards their football team and the disaster that it has become.

I like you, TB. You don't like me. No big deal. Whether its jealousy or hatred, I don't know...and really don't care.

hope the Aggies beat LSU and good job on the Aggies punking Nebraska.
Old 12-22-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
good one TB. your about as funny as anal warts.

and if anyone knows about those, it would be you.

ba-dum-pa *punchline drums*

and I love how all this hate is directed towards me even though i was the one who was warning this was all gonna happen. i was actually quite positive and hopeful too once the season started....but whatever, here I am. The board's whipping boy. Go for it. Just another day. Take your frustrations at being fooled by this band of losers out on me. No big deal. i wear it like a badge of honor. Maybe people should spend less time trying to flame me and more time getting some real and honest insight towards their football team and the disaster that it has become.

I like you, TB. You don't like me. No big deal. Whether its jealousy or hatred, I don't know...and really don't care.

hope the Aggies beat LSU and good job on the Aggies punking Nebraska.
It's not a matter whether I like you or you like me. It's about your redundant posts.

Why don't you just create a "form post" that looks something like this:

Quote:
"Bob McNair is a cheap bastard!

Gary Kubiak sucks!

I don't know the details of Arian Foster's contract (other than he will be an ERRFA) and have no idea of what his bonuses - if any, are, however it gives me an opportunity to (see above), Bob McNair is a cheap bastard"
You could then just copy and paste, saving yourself a lot of typing.
Old 12-22-2010   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's not a matter whether I like you or you like me. It's about your redundant posts.

Why don't you just create a "form post" that looks something like this:

You could then just copy and paste, saving yourself a lot of typing.
redundant posts? more like redundant franchise. its not my fault its the same thing over and over.

bad coaching. bad management/personnel decisions. poor ownership and leadership.

if the Texans were something other than that, I would write something other than that. feel free to refer to my posts during the halcyon days of the early season. I was skeptical but was happy with being 4-2 even with needing comebacks against average to below average teams. was I redundant then too?

i call it like i see it, and its been this way so if my posts are redundant its because they give me little to no reason to ever change my tone because it was probably accurate and spot on from Day One...and it pretty much has been.

like i said before, my record speaks for itself. kubiak sucks and mcnair is cheap and happy with mediocrity.

both have played themselves out just as I expected...but McNair's 'Sunshine' review last week did catch me a bit by surprise...no way, i thought he was that oblivious but i guess he is actually a worse owner than i had originally thought. hopefully it was all a smokescreen and the good ole vote of confidence...but it felt like an actual vote of confidence....frightening. simply frightening.
Old 12-22-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

From the WTF, is this dude high???

Quote:
Orignally Posted by GLOCKMEISTER
What ya think about trading Vince Young to Texans for Arian Foster????

The Texans always have this stud running back that usually flops, I bet they would pull the trigger on it in a minute. Bob Mcnair needs something to get the fanbase excited and this would do it.

Were not getting anyone else to pull the trigger and get any kind of real value for Vince.

Foster is an undrafted 2nd year player that will probably want to get paid, are they willing? Bud would be!!!

Vince wants to be in Houston

If we could pull this off we could get that other back to pound the ball, give us leverage on CJ, and use CJ as more of a weapon then a pound you in the ground back.

Thought????
Link: TitansCentral - Trade Vince Young to Texans for Arian Foster, dont laugh it makes lots of sense????

Ummm yeah... If I were the Titans I would want that trade, too. Dump Vincent for Arian Foster??? Is this dude on glue??

Tinnbred fan!
Old 12-22-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
redundant posts? more like redundant franchise.
Thanks for proving my point...
Old 12-22-2010   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
From the WTF, is this dude high???

Link: TitansCentral - Trade Vince Young to Texans for Arian Foster, dont laugh it makes lots of sense????

Ummm yeah... If I were the Titans I would want that trade, too. Dump Vincent for Arian Foster??? Is this dude on glue??

Tinnbred fan!
one of the worst posts ever. yeah, the Titans don't have a running back already.

clueless...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read