Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What Coach would you want based on Accomplishments?
Coach A 1 2.50%
Coach B 2 5.00%
Coach C 36 90.00%
Coach D 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2010   #1
TexanAggie89
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coach Comparison (Most Popular)

This is an old thread i made on HT.com a while ago. But i thought i would bring it over here to see what you guys thought.

Without naming these coaches, I just wanted to see what the concensus was on which ones, BASED ON CREDENTIALS, you guys would rather have. I'll be back on later to give you the names, but if names were not mentioned here, how many would Actually choose the coach they want on credentials vs by name.

Coach A- 100-85, 5-4 Post Season, 5 Division Championships, 2 Conference Championship apperances, 1 Super Bowl Win.

Coach B- 85-67, 5-3 Post Season, 2 Division Championships, 1 Conference Championship appearance, 1 Super Bowl Win.

Coach c- 161-99, 12-9 Post Season, 8 Division Championshiops, 3 conference championship appearances, 2 Super bowl apperances, 1 Super Bowl Win.

coach d- 148-79, 9-10 Post Season, 6 Division Championships, 1 Conference Championship Appearance, 1 super bowl win.
TexanAggie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coach Comparison (Most Popular)

I'll take Coach C! And it's not even close...

But there is a lot more to consider than just records.
Old 12-20-2010   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

C. Anything else would be......uncivilized.
Old 12-20-2010   #4
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take C for Cowher
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #5
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

I'll take A for Gruden.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #6
TexanAggie89
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAggie89 is a quality contributor and well respected

HA, you guys know your coaches i guess.

But yea, A was Gruden, B was Billick, C was Cowher and D was Dungy
Old 12-20-2010   #7
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Even through I with Team Gruden, I chose C...didn't know it was Cowher.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-20-2010   #8
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

So if Cowher is C and Gruden is A, who is Coach B and D?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #9
TexanAggie89
Rookie

Billick and Dungy
Old 12-20-2010   #10
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Bondage and Discipline... Bondage keeps the loose strings tied up, and well, you can't run a good football team without Discipline
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #11
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger1 View Post
So if Cowher is C and Gruden is A, who is Coach B and D?
Oh wait. Never mind. I have figured it out.

I would rank my preferences:

1. C
2. D
3. A
4. B

Old 12-20-2010   #12
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

For the record, I am on Team Gruden. I think he would be a great fit here. However, I won't be butt hurt if Cowher gets the gig. In fact, I would be just fine with it. But damn if I don't like me some Gruden.
Old 12-20-2010   #13
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Bondage and Discipline... Bondage keeps the loose strings tied up, and well, you can't run a good football team without Discipline
Ha Ha Ha! Well played sir!
That deserves some rep!

Old 12-20-2010   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
For the record, I am on Team Gruden. I think he would be a great fit here. However, I won't be butt hurt if Cowher gets the gig. In fact, I would be just fine with it. But damn if I don't like me some Gruden.
I don't understand that, but I hope you don't take that as an attack on your judgement or knowledge, just a difference of opinion. My opinion of Gruden is I'd just assume him stay on with ESPN, but if he got the gig you wouldn't hear a peep out of me.

Oh, my choice would be Cowher. I think we both want the same thing from the next Texans coach.
Old 12-20-2010   #15
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I don't understand that, but I hope you don't take that as an attack on your judgement or knowledge, just a difference of opinion. My opinion of Gruden is I'd just assume him stay on with ESPN, but if he got the gig you wouldn't hear a peep out of me.

Oh, my choice would be Cowher. I think we both want the same thing from the next Texans coach.
I don't know. I see him on open during a Bucs practice and he reminds me of one of my high school coaches I guess. Sets a high standard for both himself and the team. Plus he likes to get in there mix it up a little bit during drills and participate. Like I said I don't have a problem with Cowher and would be thrilled if he came here. I just like Gruden is all.
Old 12-21-2010   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is "All of the above"?
Old 12-21-2010   #17
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm. Based on the stats, I went with B. Best postseason winning percentage. Same number of SB wins as the others in the fewest games, so the most "potential" in terms of overall outcome. Probably should have calculated some of the other numbers, though - the low #of division championships per number of seasons is a problem, and the overall win % is a lot lower than C and D.

That said, no, I don't want Brian Billick for the next Texans coach.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #18
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Where is "All of the above"?
Also, there should have also been another choice, since it might be the most likely of the options:

Coach K: 36-42, 0-0 Post Season, 0 Division Championshiops, 0 conference championship appearances, 0 Super bowl apperances, 0 Super Bowl Wins.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read