Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-20-2010   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Organized fan protest underway

From Alan J. Burge's Twitter.

Quote:
Callers to SportsTalk790 are trying to organize a protest. Season ticket holders go to Reliant to return their jags tickets in person.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Organized fan protest underway

Awesome!!!
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting. Lets see how many actually do it, and what happens in the end.
Old 12-20-2010   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I've been listening to the entire thing. A guy called into the "mighty Gwinn" show and said that tomorrow he was going to put his tickets into a envelope and hand deliver them to McNair....he knows he won't be able to see McNair personally, but he'll talk to whoever will see him and tell them that he isn't renewing his season tickets unless serious changes are made. Gwinn asked him to call back afterwords and report on their reaction. Other callers thought that was a great idea so they said they would do the same. Now texters and emailers are saying they're going to do the same......hand over their tickets and their PSLs and then report back to Gwinn and tell him what the Texans said.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

You tell Mr. Burge that I will gladly relinquish my tickets once they have been scanned and we have been granted access to the stadium.

Because...

I will look for him during the game. His seats are within eyeshot from my sky-high seats. I bet he'll be firmly planted into his seats as usual along with those fancy all-access creditentials I have seen him wear around his neck.

BUT BUT BUT...

I won't hold it against aj for showing up. He's got a job to do and I can understand that but to call for this protest... is kinda a slap in the face unless he gives a promise to participate in full.

I guess I'm a skeptic. I think I'll look for secondhoneymoon and his brother and partipate in their protest. Seems a bit more reasonable to walk a picket line in front of 70k fans plus the city of Houston passing by on 610.
Old 12-20-2010   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yeah, I've been listening to the entire thing. A guy called into the "mighty Gwinn" show and said that tomorrow he was going to put his tickets into a envelope and hand deliver them to McNair....he knows he won't be able to see McNair personally, but he'll talk to whoever will see him and tell them that he isn't renewing his season tickets unless serious changes are made. Gwinn asked him to call back afterwords and report on their reaction. Other callers thought that was a great idea so they said they would do the same. Now texters and emailers are saying they're going to do the same......hand over their tickets and their PSLs and then report back to Gwinn and tell him what the Texans said.
Thanks for explaining it all out. I now understand the full story and how it came to fruitition.
Old 12-20-2010   #7
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I love it! We've always been complaining and take no action. I hope there's a huge outcome so McNair gets the message.
Old 12-20-2010   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I was listening to this today too and love the idea. If not I don't see the big issue with a silent protest. If people are so into tailgating and all they don't want to miss their last chance then tailgate and don't go in for the first 5 minutes of the game. You are at the game, you get your fun and the palce is really empty for part of the quarter.
Old 12-20-2010   #9
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I can understand that returning your tickets sends a strong message, but I think there is alot of people who are reluctant to give back something that they worked hard and paid for.

I think if people were to organize a picket outside of reliant alot more people would get involved since they would not be out any money. This week would be ideal for this because there is alot of people off for the Holidays, and the power of numbers could send out a stronger message than a few returning there tickets.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #10
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 68516 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Picket in front of Bob McNair's house!!!! I know where it is!!!
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Please let's make this happen! I'm not a season ticket holder, but you guys who buy and spend your hard earned dollar on buying season tickets can make a real impact. We need to send a strong message to Mr.McNair that this is unacceptable. He's a business man who understands money and if he sees his season ticket holders pissed off he will take notice of that. And we as fans should in general hold a protest of some sort soon so that our displeasure with this team can be heard loud and clear.
Old 12-20-2010   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Please let's make this happen! I'm not a season ticket holder, but you guys who buy and spend your hard earned dollar on buying season tickets can make a real impact. We need to send a strong message to Mr.McNair that this is unacceptable. He's a business man who understands money and if he sees his season ticket holders pissed off he will take notice of that. And we as fans should in general hold a protest of some sort soon so that our displeasure with this team can be heard loud and clear.
I'll tell you what... I'll sell you my tickets and parking pass at cost and you can protest in my name as SEASON TICKET HOLDER.

Fair enough?
Old 12-20-2010   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The people in the upper rows of Sections 351 and 352 have a real opportunity to get Bob's attention. Those sections are directly in front of his suite. Make some big signs demanding that this spineless and clueless coaching staff needs to be fired. Hold them up for the entire game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #14
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a lot of season tickets provided to me by my company. We give those tickets away to clients. But, as of recently, it seems that clients aren't as interested in the Texans anymore.

Guess I'll have to relay that message upstairs, McNair. That's one less sponsorship.
Old 12-20-2010   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Interesting. Lets see how many actually do it, and what happens in the end.
This...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The people in the upper rows of Sections 351 and 352 have a real opportunity to get Bob's attention. Those sections are directly in front of his suite. Make some big signs demanding that this spineless and clueless coaching staff needs to be fired. Hold them up for the entire game.
Oooooooo!!!

Biting the hand that feeds you is always a risky move. The rewards and consequences are equally great.
Old 12-20-2010   #17
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

1560 the game is hosting a Jags ticket burning at Klein's jewlers this Friday.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is great! If I could, I would make it. Lets hope more people show up than when the fans gathered to keep the Oilers here, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #19
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

The whole Bull Pen could sit for an entire game that could send a message!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #20
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Im willing to send my tickets for the Jags game to McNair.

He sits directly behind Section 352, when I go to the restroom I see him looking at the game with his binoculars all the time.

Maybe I should attend the game and have a big poster saying "US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS WANT CHANGE!!" on the front and back.

Im pretty sure he will see the sign if im standing up.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read