Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2010   #1
Texans_bull
Veteran

Rep Power: 23 Texans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of Famer
Default To renew or not

The question is to renew or not to renew...

I love my Houston Texans but damn after this season i just cant see myself spending another 4500 bucks for this.

Need help making the decision

thanks
Texans_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To renew or not

I am renewing
Old 12-20-2010   #3
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_bull View Post

I love my Houston Texans but damn after this season i just cant see myself spending another 4500 bucks for this.

thanks
Don't renew. I want the market flooded so that it will drive the price down and I can get them cheaper!!

Seriously though, I can see having a hard time for shelling out that kind of dough for the product on the field. I haven't has season tickets so each game I go to is awesome to me. Even in a loss. If I had to experience this 8 times a year for X amount of years, I would probably doubt my sanity too.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont do it unless serious changes are made. $4500 is a lot of money to spend on a team perpetually stuck in neutral, content with mediocrity. Actually, this team is not even mediocre. 5-9 is bad, and the ownership seems content with nearly twice as many losses as wins.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #5
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Dont do it unless serious changes are made. $4500 is a lot of money to spend on a team perpetually stuck in neutral, content with mediocrity. Actually, this team is not even mediocre. 5-9 is bad, and the ownership seems content with nearly twice as many losses as wins.
I write two seats off as a business expense, that's the only reason I'm renewing.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

PSL and season ticket holders are ALMOST forced to unless you want to lose your seats and start all over again. Its a tough spot. I am going to renew, but I split my tickets with my family so Its really not that much of a burden.

But if It was just me and my wife paying, I would have to see what changes are made first before I give them my money.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

thanks

It's your money and I don't have nearly that much invested in the team. I buy some tickets now and then, own a bunch of gear, and watch the games on television the rest of the time. I'm not in any position to tell you how to spend your money. Do what you think is best and don't kick yourself over it later.
Old 12-20-2010   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

If you don't, rest assured someone will be sitting in your seats next year. I get personally not wanting to invest in this team, and that's a choice you have to make individually, but I think it's silly for people to come on these boards saying "that's it, I'm not buying another ticket" like it's going to do something.

I will likely be renewing, and probably will until they price me out. It doesn't mean I'm a blind follower and there isn't a message being sent to McNair one way or the other. It's simply how I choose to spend MY entertainment dollar. Granted, not a lot of entertainment in 9 years, but still.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Don't do it just stick it to Bob that you are serious about change. Just pay billls or buy electronics with your hard earned money instead.
Old 12-20-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

It's up to you...

You don't have to make a decision right now, so I would wait and see how I felt about it a bit later...

But I do think there will be a lot of folks who do not re-new, and I do not believe that there will be all these people rushing to fill those empty seats...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

We will be looking to upgrade.
Old 12-20-2010   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51073 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

In the end it is up to you and only you.
Old 12-20-2010   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
If you don't, rest assured someone will be sitting in your seats next year.
This is not true. The Texans are struggling to sell seats. I wish people would stop saying this.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless serious changes are made, I wouldn't renew.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you go back to a restaurant that serves you a dog turd instead of the steak that you ordered? This is the equivalent of it.

Fortunately for Bob McNair, he implemented the scam known as PSL's, which keeps customers lining up to buy mediocrity year after year and selling it as "loyalty". Along with a tax-payer financed stadium, such a deal! (Too bad the city can't extend the same benefits to real employers like manufacturing companies. But those aren't FUN, they just provide lots of real jobs to citizens.)

It's your money, do what you want. I can't/won't judge you for it.
Old 12-20-2010   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
This is not true. The Texans are struggling to sell seats. I wish people would stop saying this.
Lol. I have struggled to upgrade with the Texans the past two years so whatever you say, brah.
Old 12-20-2010   #17
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wish people would stop saying this. How exactly are they struggling to sell seats? They sell 70,000+ per game and have for 9 years. That doesn't sound like a struggle to me.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Old 12-20-2010   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 388264 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have some support for your assertion?
Old 12-20-2010   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

thanks
If you've been a season ticket holder since day 1, you've spent roughly around $40,000 dollars to watch losing football. I can think of plenty of things I'd rather spend that money on right now.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #20
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Do you go back to a restaurant that serves you a dog turd instead of the steak that you ordered? This is the equivalent of it.
Fortunately for Bob McNair, he implemented the scam known as PSL's, which keeps customers lining up to buy mediocrity year after year and selling it as "loyalty". Along with a tax-payer financed stadium, such a deal! (Too bad the city can't extend the same benefits to real employers like manufacturing companies. But those aren't FUN, they just provide lots of real jobs to citizens.)

It's your money, do what you want. I can't/won't judge you for it.
I disagree with that analogy. You've gone to plenty of movies that have sucked donkey dongs. That doesn't keep you from going to the movies.

thatsbulltailgaters.net

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read