Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2010   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hey Bob McNair! Do you still think this team is on the right track?

I'm done criticizing Gary Kubiak, it's clear he's in over his head and can't help the fact that he sucks as a head coach...same with Frank Bush. The problems with this team are no longer their fault. The man who acts like the current status quo is perfectly acceptable and the man who keeps these absolute incompetent coaches employed is the MAJOR problem with this team.

Wake the hell up BOB. You are currently one of the biggest suckers in professional sports. You might as well be Matt Millen and I no longer want to hear from Kubiak, I want to hear from you, because you are the one who's responsible for all this crap. You are the reason why this team underachieves every year. Vince Lombardi told his team that they were going to pursue perfection even though it was unattainable, but if they went for it they would reach excellence...

Well you act like you're just trying to pursue "respectability", but along the way you're grabbing mediocrity....actually you aren't even grabbing that this season. RAISE THE DAMN BAR BOB! This team is never going to turn around until you start holding people's feet to the fire and stop coddling your damn team!

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 12-19-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Bob McNair! Do you still think this team is on the right track?

I agree. Thanx for bringing crap back to Houston. It goes great with the humidity.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200872 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair would have done well to not make any comment this past week. It will only have forced his hand to make additional comments this week or leave this whole city a laughing stock of the NFL.

The Titans MB is already having fun at our expense. [indirectly courtesy of Mr. Texan]:

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #4
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
McNair would have done well to not make any comment this past week. It will only have forced his hand to make additional comments this week or leave this whole city a laughing stock of the NFL.

The Titans MB is already having fun at our expense.

Agreed. I'm hoping it forces him into dumping Kubiak.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #5
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I think these type of threads should be reserved for next year, if Kubiak is still the HC. Until then, we can't really call Bob a sucker, can we? Obviously this is just my opinion, and not everyone shares it, but bringing back Kubiak after last year was OK. We went 9-7 and were a few mistakes away from being even better. I thought if we could clean up those mistakes then we would be in a good place. Now it is apparent that those mistakes are a part of this coaching regime and they are not going to go away. So, Kubiak should be fired.

IMO, if Bob fires Kubiak after this season, he will have handled the situation very well. If not, then I will change my opinion on Bob.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #6
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

this track?

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #7
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8094 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Some more blame should directed towards Rick Smith... In my honest opinion.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2010   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I think these type of threads should be reserved for next year, if Kubiak is still the HC. Until then, we can't really call Bob a sucker, can we? Obviously this is just my opinion, and not everyone shares it, but bringing back Kubiak after last year was OK. We went 9-7 and were a few mistakes away from being even better. I thought if we could clean up those mistakes then we would be in a good place. Now it is apparent that those mistakes are a part of this coaching regime and they are not going to go away. So, Kubiak should be fired.

IMO, if Bob fires Kubiak after this season, he will have handled the situation very well. If not, then I will change my opinion on Bob.
I understand your meaning, but disagree.

The time is NOW.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A lot of us thought Kubiak sucked last year and should have been fired. The Texans had a cream puff schedule and still couldn't win when it mattered. The crap has just been piling up so high that it is finally visible by the masses.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Fire Gary the Monday after the Jags game.
Old 12-19-2010   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

The Titans MB is already having fun at our expense. [indirectly courtesy of Mr. Texan]:

You know what this post made me think of?

After all the heartbreaking losses over the years, I'm almost positive this wasn't his first "moral victory" speech to the team. That would be too much of a coincidence. I think it's just the first one that he went on the record and talked about.

I bet you that after losses like last week, McNair has been in that locker room giving PLENTY of "attaboys" out and pats on the back. There's only a few players on this team that seem to really care about whether they win or lose or eat, sleep, and breath football. The other ones are just complacent and have the best gig in the NFL. The Houston Texans... Where wins and losses don't matter, only moral victories. If our "kids" fought hard and gave their best everything is fine, because that's all that matters here in Houston.

The only thing that's "on track" here, is engineer BOB's gravy train, because that's what the Texans are.. The gravy train of the NFL. Who the hell cares if you're Steve Slaton or Matt Turk and you absolutely suck at your job.....hop on the gravy train...we'll keep letting you suck at your job, because wins obviously don't matter to this owner.
Old 12-19-2010   #12
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
A lot of us thought Kubiak sucked last year and should have been fired. The Texans had a cream puff schedule and still couldn't win when it mattered. The crap has just been piling up so high that it is finally visible by the masses.
I agree with you, there were plenty of people who wanted Kubiak gone last year, but there were also a lot who wanted one more year for him. I think that Bob has shown he is a very loyal person, and if a fan base is split 50/50 (approximately) and keeping or firing, Bob is going to choose keeping. Now that almost everybody wants Kubiak gone, Bob will have a different kind of decision to make.

For me, If he STILL chooses to be loyal to Kubiak, then I will be quite upset. Until then, though, I don't think any negativity towards McNair is really warranted.
Old 12-19-2010   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
This team has been falling flat on their collective faces way before Rick Smith got here. I'm now convinced that the main problem with this team isn't Smith or Kubiak, it's Bob McNair.....he accepts and coddles mediocrity and he breeds complacency (he did exactly that with David Carr and he's doing it now with this team), there is absolutely no sense of urgency with him or this team and the problems we have with this team trickle down from the top.
Old 12-19-2010   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

At least the Rockets are playing hard which is much more than the Texans right now.
Old 12-19-2010   #15
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11687 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
They both need to go. Kubiak has final say on personnel and the talent sucks. Smith works with him and for the same reason his ass needs to go too. We need a gm not a ****ing yes man.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
They both need to go. Kubiak has final say on personnel and the talent sucks. Smith works with him and for the same reason his ass needs to go too. We need a gm not a ****ing yes man.
Actually, I think you have that backwards. The HC works for the GM, but in this case neither of them is working.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Actually, I think you have that backwards. The HC works for the GM, but in this case neither of them is working.
Yeah, but the strange thing about this relationship is that Kubiak pretty much hired Rick Smith. At this point I don't care about either...both need to go.
Old 12-19-2010   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

I think AJ should get involved in the process. Maybe Bob will hear his best player.
Old 12-19-2010   #19
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I think AJ should get involved in the process. Maybe Bob will hear his best player.
Its hard to say what AJ's opinion is though. All of the players seem to like and support Kubiak.
Old 12-19-2010   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Its hard to say what AJ's opinion is though. All of the players seem to like and support Kubiak.
He must be tierd of sucking though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read