Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2010   #1
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Let's try something constructive?

As devoted fans, it's to be expected that we are more than just a little disappointed in the turnout of this season. We are 5-9 and it seems like it's the same old crap every week with no change in sight. There's plenty to be bummed about.

However, I think we may all need to take a deep breath and calm down. It's gotten to the point that we are going at one another's throats over trivial crap and turning our frustrations inwards. I understand being a newbie here, that I don't have a lot of stroke and room to talk and criticize, but it seems to me that our focus has navigated away from constructive football talk and toward bitter ranting and grumbling. I don't know what we can do, and I'm sure one look at my post count/joined date will inspire "GTFO"s and whatnot. None-the-less, can we stop acting like manchildren and get back to rational and constructive football talk?**

**Of course this isn't directed at anyone in particular or believers in any particular set of opinions regarding the Texans, but only at the general attitude of the fanbase as represented by this message board.

Sincerely,
newb.

PS I acknowledge that I am guilty of this as well and am making a conscience effort to knock it off.
Old 12-19-2010   #2
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's try something constructive?

*throws chair at OP*

the texans have a LOSING record! Time to go RIOTING! WE GOIN LOOTIN'!!! PAPA NEEDS A NEW TV!!!

arrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhasdfghjkl!!!!!!!!!!

lol j/k
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Kiss my ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #4
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3508 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
*throws chair at OP*

the texans have a LOSING record! Time to go RIOTING! WE GOIN LOOTIN'!!! PAPA NEEDS A NEW TV!!!

arrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhasdfghjkl!!!!!!!!!!

lol j/k
lol. You're freaking hilarious; the Scott Steiner of the Texans fanbase (not trying to diss your grammar. ).
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

This is an ugly day around here. Lots of friendly fire with bunker-busting bombs.

Most people around here have been pissed off since Thursday when Bob McNair stuck his foot in his mouth. An awful loss doesn't help matters. Hell, a win wouldn't have helped matters.

Now, people that want Kubiak fired are arguing with other people that want him fired.

The Texan-on-Texan violence at the end of the 1st half is the perfect analogy for this day on the message board. The sad thing is that the next 2 weeks don't look much better.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Bob... ┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #7
CharloTex
Veteran

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 15991 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
As devoted fans, it's to be expected that we are more than just a little disappointed in the turnout of this season. We are 5-9 and it seems like it's the same old crap every week with no change in sight. There's plenty to be bummed about.

However, I think we may all need to take a deep breath and calm down. It's gotten to the point that we are going at one another's throats over trivial crap and turning our frustrations inwards. I understand being a newbie here, that I don't have a lot of stroke and room to talk and criticize, but it seems to me that our focus has navigated away from constructive football talk and toward bitter ranting and grumbling. I don't know what we can do, and I'm sure one look at my post count/joined date will inspire "GTFO"s and whatnot. None-the-less, can we stop acting like manchildren and get back to rational and constructive football talk?**

**Of course this isn't directed at anyone in particular or believers in any particular set of opinions regarding the Texans, but only at the general attitude of the fanbase as represented by this message board.

Sincerely,
newb.

PS I acknowledge that I am guilty of this as well and am making a conscience effort to knock it off.
Ok, look at my join date. I've been around here reading as long as EVERYONE. In fact, if I got rep for READING, I'd be at the top of the heap (Sinatra). I'm also 50 years old. I've also lived in Houston since 1973. I've also rooted for the Houston football team since 1973. I've also rooted for all Houston professional teams since 1973 (rep to the Comets).

No disrespect to you, young poster with good intentions or few post (like me). BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT , ....

Frustration is ooooooooooozing from our skin. And to listen to people who suggest that we just need to stay the course (keep Kubes), and just let Kubes reconfigure the defensive coaching staff and have another go at it next year is BLOWING OUR MIND. You are 21 years old. There's nothing wrong with that. But you haven't served in the trenches as long as some of the vets here. I'm truly glad that there are young people like you that carry the torch for the Texans. But your level of frustration cannot equal mine.

Gary Kubiak and his team of coaches CAN NOT COACH THIS TEAM TO BETTER THAN 9-7, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEV-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEER. And you didn't say what side of that fence you are on, and even if you are on the wrong side, I can't blame you for you youthful idealism. I was the exact saem, until I was about 45. But to the rest of these posters who are saying to stay the course, most of them are old enough to know. It's not going to happen with Kubes. Love the man, hate the coach. And the coaches ways.

So, if I get a little impatient with those that would support more of the same, forgive me. Been there, done that, many, many, many years now.
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2010   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Hey Bob... ┌П┐(_)┌П┐
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #9
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
lol. You're freaking hilarious; the Scott Steiner of the Texans fanbase (not trying to diss your grammar. ).
There's nothing finer than Scott Steiner!
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #10
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #11
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
This is an ugly day around here. Lots of friendly fire with bunker-busting bombs.

Most people around here have been pissed off since Thursday when Bob McNair stuck his foot in his mouth. An awful loss doesn't help matters. Hell, a win wouldn't have helped matters.

Now, people that want Kubiak fired are arguing with other people that want him fired.

The Texan-on-Texan violence at the end of the 1st half is the perfect analogy for this day on the message board. The sad thing is that the next 2 weeks don't look much better.
Thats the funny thing about it, pretty much everyone wants a change.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Hey Bob... ┌П┐(_)┌П┐
Repped

Good stuff LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
There's nothing finer than Scott Steiner!
Big Poppa Pump is your hook-up.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read