Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-19-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New York Oilers

Geez, after watching the Giants iconic collapse in the 4th QTR after leading 31-10 I couldn't help but think of the Buffalo game.

The Giants were cruising to the NFC East Championship and then just folded. Of course to give credit where credit is due Michael Vick is one sick individual.

Giants fans are going to be calling for Coughlin's head after this. If he goes Cowher will be there in a NY minute.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 84882 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New York Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Geez, after watching the Giants iconic collapse in the 4th QTR after leading 31-10 I couldn't help but think of the Buffalo game.

The Giants were cruising to the NFC East Championship and then just folded. Of course to give credit where credit is due Michael Vick is one sick individual.

Giants fans are going to be calling for Coughlin's head after this. If he goes Cowher will be there in a NY minute.
Aren't the Giants still 9-5 and in very good position for the playoffs?
Old 12-19-2010   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Aren't the Giants still 9-5 and in very good position for the playoffs?
Yes, they will probably make the wild card however they won't go far. They just blew the NFC East title. The Giants aren't owned by Bob McNair and I am telling their fans are going to want Coughlin gone. Actually they are wanting that now. I would tell you to visit their official board but it has crashed.
Old 12-19-2010   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Yes, they will probably make the wild card however they won't go far. They just blew the NFC East title. The Giants aren't owned by Bob McNair and I am telling their fans are going to want Coughlin gone. Actually they are wanting that now. I would tell you to visit their official board but it has crashed.
If they're anything like our "official" boards....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Oh stop it.

Destroyed the Bills the week before. 35-3. Frank "Who?" Reich. In the playoffs.

Today sucked for you but your 31-10 Giants will never be near the Houston Oilers collapse.
Old 12-19-2010   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Oh stop it.

Destroyed the Bills the week before. 35-3. Frank "Who?" Reich. In the playoffs.

Today sucked for you but your 31-10 Giants will never be near the Houston Oilers collapse.
I said when it was going down I couldn't help but think of the Oilers/Bills game. The biggest difference between the 2 games is this was not a playoff game as in the loser goes home. However it pretty much determined who won the division.

The 4th QTR collapse of this game was actually far worse than the Oilers/Bills game. The Giants were up 31-10 with 8 minutes to go. When the 4th QTR started in Buffalo with Oilers were only up by 4 ... 35-31.
Old 12-19-2010   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I said when it was going down I couldn't help but think of the Oilers/Bills game. The biggest difference between the 2 games is this was not a playoff game as in the loser goes home. However it pretty much determined who won the division.

The 4th QTR collapse of this game was actually far worse than the Oilers/Bills game. The Giants were up 31-10 with 8 minutes to go. When the 4th QTR started in Buffalo with Oilers were only up by 4 ... 35-31.
Getting p'wned by DeSean Jackson has got to be a helluva better than Frank Reich. I mean.. they had lost Jim Kelly in the first half. Long way to go before even coming close to those ill-fated Oilers.

I hope this game makes it onto NFL Replay this week. I'd love to watch it.
Old 12-19-2010   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Getting p'wned by DeSean Jackson has got to be a helluva better than Frank Reich. I mean.. they had lost Jim Kelly in the first half. Long way to go before even coming close to those ill-fated Oilers.

I hope this game makes it onto NFL Replay this week. I'd love to watch it.
Don't get me wrong. It's not like I am as devasted for this game I was for the Oilers. 1.) I was a bigger Oilers fan than I have ever been a Giants fan. 2.) I have seen the Giants win Super Bowls, with the Oilers that was just a dream that you just knew would never be reality. Choking to the Bills gave you a feeling that it would never happen.
Old 12-20-2010   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Seriously glad I was 7 when "the comeback" happened.
Old 12-21-2010   #10
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Seriously glad I was 7 when "the comeback" happened.
You mean "The Choke."
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

All Texans fans need to soak this in. The Texans arent the only franchise who cant finish a game.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #12
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 76973 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
All Texans fans need to soak this in. The Texans arent the only franchise who cant finish a game.
Starting the game is a larger problem.
Old 12-21-2010   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. It's not like I am as devasted for this game I was for the Oilers. 1.) I was a bigger Oilers fan than I have ever been a Giants fan. 2.) I have seen the Giants win Super Bowls, with the Oilers that was just a dream that you just knew would never be reality. Choking to the Bills gave you a feeling that it would never happen.
They just showed an updated list of the top ten greatest comebacks on NFLN. Your Giants/Eagles game came in at #2. Buffalo's got a firm grip on #1. Ugh.

I have fully caught up on last weekend's comeback. Ouch. That just fricking stings. I'm really sorry, Hookem.
I hope this game makes NFL Replay. I have not seen the announcements yet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read