Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2010   #1
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is / Is NOT

What IS the problem?
Kubiak and/or Dennison playcalling.

What IS NOT the problem?
Schaub.

I am amazed at the growing animosity toward Schaub, read over a few threads/forums. Good people, don't let your emotions get the best of you. Even Tom Brady could not stop the Titanic from sinking.

Let's fix what is broken, not what is not.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is / Is NOT

With schaub's arm strength & immobility, he should never be put in the predictable position of having to pass every down. Sadly, between the defense, sluggish starts & play calling, this is the exact position he's in game after game. Frankly, i'm surprised his TD to int ratio is what it is (2:1).

The falcons do it right..they are balanced as hell & most of Ryan's passes are 6-10 yards & they keep him out of the situations that matt faces game in game out.

He's good, but he needs good coaching, defense & ST to carry their load.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #3
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't scheme to Schaub's strengths and we are constantly putting him in positions in which the entire game is riding on him. In other words:

"It's on me"
Old 12-19-2010   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

This is nothing new.

David Carr's brother used to bash Andre Johnson for dropping too many balls even though he was an All-Pro.

If you're pro-Kubiak, it's time to start looking for scapegoats.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #5
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub can be the problem at times. Overall I think he's a very good but not quite elite QB, but he can have stretches of "WTF WAS THAT SHIT?" type of play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
This is nothing new.

David Carr's brother used to bash Andre Johnson for dropping too many balls even though he was an All-Pro.

If you're pro-Kubiak, it's time to start looking for scapegoats.
What's funny is that I'm actually anti-Kubiak, but the soapers have gone so over the top ridiculous that I end up defending him from their garbage.

It's like when my uncle told me that Obama was a Muslim extremist raised by communists to destroy America. I was like "... you're a god damn moron..."

Same thing is happening here.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
With schaub's arm strength & immobility, he should never be put in the predictable position of having to pass every down. Sadly, between the defense, sluggish starts & play calling, this is the exact position he's in game after game. Frankly, i'm surprised his TD to int ratio is what it is (2:1).

The falcons do it right..they are balanced as hell & most of Ryan's passes are 6-10 yards & they keep him out of the situations that matt faces game in game out.

He's good, but he needs good coaching, defense & ST to carry their load.

I think this. He's not being put in a position where he can reasonably be expected to succeed. He's having to try and win games with his arm when we have a running game and other tools at our disposal and it's happening because Gary Kubiak is an obstinate jack-ass who thinks that if he insists on doing it then it will work.
Old 12-19-2010   #7
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Schaub can be the problem at times. Overall I think he's a very good but not quite elite QB, but he can have stretches of "WTF WAS THAT SHIT?" type of play.

What's funny is that I'm actually anti-Kubiak, but the soapers have gone so over the top ridiculous that I end up defending him from their garbage.

It's like when my uncle told me that Obama was a Muslim extremist raised by communists to destroy America. I was like "... you're a god damn moron..."

Same thing is happening here.
And it is just as "funny" how you group all the "soapers" together and call them morons.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2010   #8
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
And it is just as "funny" how you group all the "soapers" together and call them morons.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 12-19-2010   #9
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has been productive for us, but he is not the type of QB you ask to throw as much as possible to win games. He needs a good running game and a balanced offense to be effective. I know he has done well bringing us from behind but thats not what you want him doing week in and week out.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you agree with "the soapers," but you're arguing for the sake of arguing?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
So you agree with "the soapers," but you're arguing for the sake of arguing?
I agree that Kubiak needs to go, but that's pretty much where it ends.

Using my Obama example just because I agree that he isn't the right man to run America doesn't mean that I'm going to make up retarded nonsense to try to make him look worse. I'm also not going to sit there and listen to people say retarded crap like that without telling them that they are retarded for saying it.

Old 12-19-2010   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree that Kubiak needs to go, but that's pretty much where it ends.

Using my Obama example just because I agree that he isn't the right man to run America doesn't mean that I'm going to make up retarded nonsense to try to make him look worse. I'm also not going to sit there and listen to people say retarded crap like that without telling them that they are retarded for saying it.
This is me as well. There's plenty to criticize him for without having to go off the deep end with nonsense.
Old 12-19-2010   #13
sixfour
Site Contributor

Section: 136/350/353
Rep Power: 40 sixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm watching Big Ben make throws in the snow, on the run, with people hanging on him that schlob can't make flat footed in prime conditions.

(Name purposely spelled wrong)
Old 12-19-2010   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfour View Post
I'm watching Big Ben make throws in the snow, on the run, with people hanging on him that schlob can't make flat footed in prime conditions.

(Name purposely spelled wrong)
were you watching him a few years ago when he couldn't throw the ball to anyone on his team without it getting picked?
Old 12-19-2010   #15
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Obviously I want Kubiak gone...but Schaub is so damn streaky...he's jittery in the pocket...isn't mobile...makes a stupid throw at least once a game and just isn't the same guy. When he's hot...he's HOT...when he's not...he's NOT.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is not the worst problem on this team. When he becomes the weakest link.in the chain, then I will worry
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
Obviously I want Kubiak gone...but Schaub is so damn streaky...he's jittery in the pocket...isn't mobile...makes a stupid throw at least once a game and just isn't the same guy. When he's hot...he's HOT...when he's not...he's NOT.
You just described every qb in the league not named tom brady, peyton manning & drew brees & even they have those WTF throws..they just come farther apart. when will people realize that all qb's do this?
Old 12-19-2010   #18
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Quote:
You just described every qb in the league not named tom brady, peyton manning & drew brees & even they have those WTF throws..they just come farther apart. when will people realize that all qb's do this?
Even they do it. Manning is coming off of a 3 game stretch where he tossed 11 INTs. Can you imagine what Texans fans would sound like if that had happened with Schaub?

Old 12-19-2010   #19
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
agreed to an extent. i do wish schaub could work on his agility. he takes a lot of sacks that other QBs could avoid with their feet. regardless, schaub is a non-issue at this point. there is no one better available, no one better will be available in the offseason, and schaub isn't bad enough warrant making a big trade for someone who could potentially be better.

Last edited by burro; 12-19-2010 at 08:01 PM.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Matt Leinhart pretty much Matt Schaub with less experience and more agility?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read