Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-19-2010   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Justice: "McNair Angering Fanbase"

Mods, please merge if necessary.

I'm sure this will be another "bash Justice" thread anyway. Even if he is onto something.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/7346104.html

Quote:
Oh, Bob McNair. Say you didn't mean it. Tell us they misquoted you, or took your words out of context.
Give us something, Bob. Give us a reason to believe. Tell us those words don't reflect what's in your heart. We want to stick with you, Bob. We know what kind of man you are. We love your decency and charitable heart.
We also know you're the reason there's an NFL franchise in Houston, and for that, we'll be forever grateful. Even a lousy team is better than no team, and we'll never forget you're the guy that got us back in the game.
It's just that we're tired of losing, Bob. I'm not talking about me, either. I'm talking about the people who have bought every ticket for nine years. They're angry, Bob.
And frustrated. And they're not mad at Gary Kubiak or defensive coordinator Frank Bush or any of the usual scapegoats. They're mad at you, Bob. They read what you said about the Texans being on the right track, and they think you're off yours.
They wonder if you care about winning. They wonder why you don't seem to care as much as they care. They think maybe you've grown so close to this coaching staff and this general manager that you can't evaluate them critically.
They hear you brag that the other NFL owners told you they're impressed with the Texans, and they're flabbergasted. How could you fall for that one, Bob? Of course they like you, Bob. You've been their punching bag for nine seasons.
Here's some advice, Bob. Next time you're at an owners meeting, go ask those guys what they think of Bill Belichick. Here's a clue: They don't much care for him. They think he's an underhanded jerk and that he'll do pretty much anything to win.
It's a competitive sport, Bob. It's about beating the other guy. Sure, it's a partnership on many levels, but the bottom line is that for the people who buy your tickets and fill up your stadium, winning is the only thing that matters.

Poor timing

And here's something else, Bob. Even if you're thrilled that the other owners like you and even if you think the Texans are on the right track, you're not supposed to say so.
Not during a week like this when the Texans have lost again, when they looked inept for a half before making a game of it. To your fans, a loss is a loss is a loss. Close is no good.
You seem to like close. You've bragged on the Texans twice this season, both times after close losses. Really, Bob? Are you that out of touch with your customers?
Your fans would like to know that you care as much as they care. When the guy in charge says things are going along swimmingly, that only minor tweaks are needed, they don't know whether to laugh or cry.
It's not like you are an absentee owner, either. You watch the video. You attend practice. You speak to the team.
When you leave the impression that you like the way things are going, you insult the fans who pour their heart and soul into this team. They seem to hate losing more than you hate losing. They're furious about being a doormat, and they wonder why you're not.

Losses pile up

For them, it has been nine years of the same old stuff. The Texans are 54-87. That's not Matt Schaub's record or Kubiak's record. That's your record, Bob.
The Texans have one winning record and zero playoff appearances, and there's no way of looking at this team and thinking it's on the right track.
Defensively, the Texans are awful. They're awful on special teams, too. They have some respectable offensive numbers, but far too many of those have been compiled after the team fell hopelessly behind.
The Texans don't appear to be a well-coached team, Bob. There doesn't seem to be much imagination in the game plan. Or maybe the coaches are doing all they can with a bunch of mediocre talent.
Regardless, the Texans are playing out the string again, going nowhere. Your coach, Kubiak, says the same stuff week after week, and yet the bottom line never changes much.

Misguided thinking

Now you tell the fans the Texans are on the right track, and maybe you said it because you believe it. Maybe you see your team for what you think it is rather than what it actually is.
Maybe you're convinced Kubiak and general manager Rick Smith will get things figured out and that there's no reason to get mad and start firing people.
You may also think that Reliant Stadium will be sold out forever, that people around here love football so much they'll never stop buying all the tickets. You could be right about that, Bob. People around here do love football, and they really want to love the Texans.
Right now, they're looking for a reason to believe. They're having a tough time finding one, and you're not helping things, Bob.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Justice: "McNair Angering Fanbase"

Probably Justice's best in a long, long time...simply to the fact that he has a better chance at reading this then one of our many complaints or letters to him.
Old 12-19-2010   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

No, he's right. Justice is right.
Old 12-19-2010   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
No, he's right. Justice is right.
It's not hard to see. A blind man could right this article. That's what's so frustrating about what McNair has been saying.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #5
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It's not hard to see. A blind man could right this article. That's what's so frustrating about what McNair has been saying.
In my opinion a blind man could look at this team and see it is not on the right track, that it is stuck in neutral; but when I think it is so obvious all I have to do is come on this board and the sunshine club seems to think all is well and I know we are in for several more long hard seasons. McNair thinks just like these people and if you want to know what he thinks or how he thinks, just listen to a member of the Sunshiners. Things will change when the last Sunshiner sees it needs to change and not until then. I think I just threw-up a little...Bleh...
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very sorry, but regardless of whether or not Justice is right, I absolutely HATE his way of communicating. I don't care who you are, you do not talk to other adults that way.

I'm also very tierd of listening to the entire 'sunshine - hater'-discussion, and I wonder why it is neccesary to berate and generalize about people with different views. I'm guessing that ones own arguments does not hold water.

Sad really, this forum used to be full of intelligent and knowlegable fans discussing anything football, but with a large amount of respect for other fans and their views. I feel that is slipping, I hope I am wrong though.
Old 12-19-2010   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I'm very sorry, but regardless of whether or not Justice is right, I absolutely HATE his way of communicating. I don't care who you are, you do not talk to other adults that way.

I'm also very tierd of listening to the entire 'sunshine - hater'-discussion, and I wonder why it is neccesary to berate and generalize about people with different views. I'm guessing that ones own arguments does not hold water.

Sad really, this forum used to be full of intelligent and knowlegable fans discussing anything football, but with a large amount of respect for other fans and their views. I feel that is slipping, I hope I am wrong though.

There is a well-known theorem of Psychology that explains aggressive behavior in the "normal" human being..........it's called The Frustration-Aggression Hypothesis.

This hypothesis extends the view that frustration, or failure to reach a certain desired goal due to circumstance, often leads to aggression, or behavior which intends harm.

For example, as applied to football, after a game fans of the losing team are much more likely to feel aggressive and/or carry out aggressive actions than fans of the winning team.

Accordingly, the phenomenon we are now seeing in the Texans fan base and specifically in our own MB members cannot be considered "pathological or unexpected............but entirely predictable. To their credit, it is important to note that this development seldom exists in the absence of great passion.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2010   #8
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
There is a well-known theorem of Psychology that explains aggressive behavior in the "normal" human being..........it's called The Frustration-Aggression Hypothesis.

This hypothesis extends the view that frustration, or failure to reach a certain desired goal due to circumstance, often leads to aggression, or behavior which intends harm.

For example, as applied to football, after a game fans of the losing team are much more likely to feel aggressive and/or carry out aggressive actions than fans of the winning team.

Accordingly, the phenomenon we are now seeing in the Texans fan base and specifically in our own MB members cannot be considered "pathological or unexpected............but entirely predictable. To their credit, it is important to note that this development seldom exists in the absence of great passion.
Unless you are in LA or Detroit, then it is more like Reverse Frustration-Aggression Hypothesis!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272750 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It's not hard to see. A blind man could right this article.
I'm guessing a blind man could write a better article.
Old 12-19-2010   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 207976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #11
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 282 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lighten up dude, it's a column.
BullsOnParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1. This is America, or atleast it used to be. Freedom of speech baby.

2. If your tired you dont have to visit this MB. There are several other MB's out there. Unfortunately you're going to have a hard time not finding one where people dont share Justice views on this subject. It's part and parcell to being a fan of a losing franchise with a clueless or worse doesn't care owner.

3. I'm happy to see that you and only you can judge the baseline for the intelligence of this MB. I'm glad to have somone like you around that's obviously trained in the field of studying human intelligence. Man how lucky we are to have someone of your intelligence on this MB.

4. You say you want to talk more about football. But nowhere in your post did you mention one thing about football. (Good job) If you want to talk football and the failings of McNair/Smithiak regime we can. Starting with why McNair would let an inexperienced HC/defacto GM run his team into a state of constant mediocrity. What bothers me most is Kubiak is the figurehead of this organization and he picked the week of the scouting combine to have his sleep apnea surgery. That's the most important week of the yr for a team that's supposedly building through the draft and supposedly was just a couple of pieces away from making the playoffs. But I guess that was the only time the surgeon had open.

5.Anytime you want to talk football X's/O's I will be more than willing to do that too. Such as why is it the Texans seem to only play well for 2 qtrs every game for the last 3 yrs? I would love to hear from somone of your obovius greater intellect than most of us on this MB. As to what are the shortcomings of the Texans in this area of the game and then maybe we can have a little discussion on how a team with the best WR,the RB that's leading the league in rushing and a solid QB will be missing the playoffs for the 9th straight yr. Or anything else Texans football related you would like to discuss.

Oh well carry on, BTW Justice should know when somebody is average at his job. He goes to work each day with the same predicament that Smithiak suffers from.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Justice read GP's thread and rolled with it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

I actually liked it. It is one of the few articles by Justice I can say that about. It sums up the way the majority of Texan fans are feeling after Bob's comments. And the chances of Bob hearing about it and reading it are pretty good as opposed to him ever reading a letter from one of us or some threads on one of the boards. Thank you Richard Justice.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I think CND is right, this anger is to be expected. But, Malloy is also correct. These attacks on each other should stop. I now have a better understanding of why the pro-Kubiak side wants him retained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Justice
They think maybe you've grown so close to this coaching staff and this general manager that you can't evaluate them critically.
Just like Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, and Brian Cushing have fans. Just like David Carr had fans. Gary Kubiak has fans. These fans want Gary Kubiak to succeed. These fans aren't necessarily putting Kubiak above the team, because in their mind Kubiak and the team are intertwined.

I very well may have been the one who introduced the label "Sunshine Club" into the forum. If not, I surely was a major propagator of the term. I shoulder as much of the blame as anyone for the cattiness that has ensued. Obviously, one side of the Kubiak debate will not get what they want. It's time that we stop taking our disappointment out on each other. We need to remember that we are united together as fans and ultimately desire the same thing. To support a winning team.
Old 12-19-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think CND is right, this anger is to be expected. But, Malloy is also correct. These attacks on each other should stop. I now have a better understanding of why the pro-Kubiak side wants him retained.

Just like Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, and Brian Cushing have fans. Just like David Carr had fans. Gary Kubiak has fans. These fans want Gary Kubiak to succeed. These fans aren't necessarily putting Kubiak above the team, because in their mind Kubiak and the team are intertwined.

I very well may have been the one who introduced the label "Sunshine Club" into the forum. If not, I surely was a major propagator of the term. I shoulder as much of the blame as anyone for the cattiness that has ensued. Obviously, one side of the Kubiak debate will not get what they want. It's time that we stop taking our disappointment out on each other. We need to remember that we are united together as fans and ultimately desire the same thing. To support a winning team.
Well said!
Old 12-19-2010   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272750 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I actually liked it.
I don't think you drew the right inference from what I wrote.
Old 12-19-2010   #18
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr White you've left me totally confused ? Awhile back you accused me of being some kind of imposter for thinking enough of a Justice story in the Chronicle to post the story on this website, and now here I login this morning and you've gone and posted another Justice story yourself ?
Well no matter, I'm glad you did post this Justice acticle because it's good reading and he seems to really have hit a nerve among Texan fans. My real question is will Bob McNair see the article and will Justices comments draw a response from the Texans' owner ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #19
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Agreed Lucky, if we'll just write our opinions, and not see the need to denigrate the opposing view in that same sentence, we'll squelch much of this anger. I've learned as I've went along to control my fingers, it's called maturing as a poster. Of course, I'm older than Methuselah, so that wasn't a difficult hurdle to jump
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Agreed Lucky, if we'll just write our opinions, and not see the need to denigrate the opposing view in that same sentence, we'll squelch much of this anger. I've learned as I've went along to control my fingers, it's called maturing as a poster. Of course, I'm older than Methuselah, so that wasn't a difficult hurdle to jump

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read