Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009   #1
jshabang
Quality Backup!

Rep Power: 89 jshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubes on the hotseat????

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ak-on-hot-seat

well the line has been drawn in the sand now........I absolutely knew this was coming....a little later than I thought but what i thought none the less...

Even a classy owner like mcnair has a breakin point.......and I love it...hold him accountable........kubes is toast if the texans come out with another brain fart start like last season....

Last edited by jshabang; 05-04-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: bad link
jshabang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubes on the hotseat????

I would be very disappointed if Kubiak were to be fired and I don't think that is in the Texans' best interest. He's brought this team a long ways already and I think McNair knows that. He expects to make the playoffs as most owners would with the roster and staff we have. I hope if this team gets off to a fast start that Kubiak gets an extension ASAP because he is the best coach for this team.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

A win in Tennessee will keep the pink soap away.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

The link is not working for me ???
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is more about what McNair has said.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ghlight=McNair

Quote:
Ready for tough choices

Rick Smith, with input from head coach Gary Kubiak, is the point man on personnel decisions.

“Your future is depending upon these young people coming in, so those decisions are vital,” he said. “I don’t hesitate to let them know what I think, and when something isn’t done right, I demand that they justify why they made that decision.”

McNair wouldn’t say he is a different person than he was in 2002, just more knowledgeable, which makes him tougher on draft-day decisions.

“As you gain more experience, it’s easier to determine if your people are on the right track,” he said.

The true measure of the right track is on-the-field results. Today’s results are almost as important.

“It’s an exciting process —very dynamic — and you really have to be well prepared,” McNair said. “You make one decision, take one action, and it ripples through the whole board.

“We don’t know what the other 14 teams ahead of us are going to do, so we have to do a lot of what-if scenarios. But I think we’ll have a good draft. We better.”

Or else somebody will have some explaining to do. To an owner who knows a lot more than he used to.

Last edited by Wolf; 05-04-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #6
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

it doesnt say he is in the hotseat at all...it says the owner expects a playoff appearance. Kub has improved this team so much, our biggest problem was of Def cor.

Quote:
Texans owner Bob McNair raised the bar, saying that after all of the offseason moves geared toward improving the defense, he expects a playoff appearance. McNair also pointed to a favorable start, as Houston opens with three of four games at home. That won't make fourth-year coach Gary Kubiak sleep any easier. One of the Texans' biggest problems has been in AFC South play; Kubiak is 2-10 over the last three years against the Colts and Titans.
^ thats the whole article...where does it say he is in the hot seat? do you expect the owner to say he expects a losing season? use your brain

i hate ppl starting rumors with no basis of fact
Old 05-04-2009   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Only way he gets fired is we lose more than 10-12 games. Another 8-8 year and he'll stick around. Always something to blame it on (injuries, hold outs, etc)
Old 05-04-2009   #8
midgetonadonkey
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 midgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVP

Bring in Shanahan!!

I tease. I think it's good to light a fire under his ass but he has done an excellent job with the talent he has. He is a good coach. Hopefully he is around for a while.
midgetonadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #9
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

In my mind, the team would have to have a regression for Kubiak to be on the hot seat.
The only scenario that gets Kubiak fired, IMO, is if the team takes a noticeable step backwards, and Bill Cower becomes available to replace Kubes.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, they took those comments out of text. I remember him saying this in a Chronicel article. He basically said that he feels the team has improved in the talent department and he believes the playoffs are obtainable. Nothing about people being on hot seats or anything. That's pure speculation.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill Cowher would start an enormous rebuilding campaign. We'd be starting from scratch for the third time. He himself is also a testament to sticking with your HC as long as he doesn't pull a 2-14 out of his stupid butt.

Old 05-04-2009   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

I still think the real problem has been Richard Smith as DC and a Defense that just needs to mature together and gel.

Old 05-04-2009   #13
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I still think the real problem has been Richard Smith as DC and a Defense that just needs to mature together and gel.
Agree completely although I would add a lack of talent in the past has been an issue with the defense but that has been upgraded significantly recently in a short period of time
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Don't say the "g" word. Last time we used that one, we ended up going 2-14
Old 05-04-2009   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Don't say the "g" word. Last time we used that one, we ended up going 2-14
Ug.

Old 05-04-2009   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshabang View Post
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ak-on-hot-seat

well the line has been drawn in the sand now........I absolutely knew this was coming....a little later than I thought but what i thought none the less...

Even a classy owner like mcnair has a breakin point.......and I love it...hold him accountable........kubes is toast if the texans come out with another brain fart start like last season....
I think that "McNair wants playoffs = Kubiak is on hotseat" is a stupid position, and clearly not written by anyone who pays attention to McNair's decision making.

I think McClain's position in his recent article on this is accurate based on what I know--that McNair very much respects what Kubiak is doing and barring a catastrophic collapse, Kubiak is as safe as any other NFL coach.
Old 05-04-2009   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless we have very serious injury problems, or folks not reporting to camp for some reason, I don't see this team going backwards, or even staying the same.

They will be a better team this year and have a winning season baring those unforseen bad circumstances. I don't see where Kubiac should be worrying about his job. However, he should be worrying about how much the defense improves.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

the seat gets hot if you never win...so far he has never won. Gotta be this year or the seat will be red hot. Another mediocre season and I'd say that he'll have one more season to pull it out. If two Head coaches can't bring this team to win more games than they lose in our first decade of football, I'm all for trying a third.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
the seat gets hot if you never win...so far he has never won. Gotta be this year or the seat will be red hot. Another mediocre season and I'd say that he'll have one more season to pull it out. If two Head coaches can't bring this team to win more games than they lose in our first decade of football, I'm all for trying a third.

If there are no good reasons (injuries, hold outs, things like that) and we have another 8-8 season with all the talent in place, then yeah, Kubiac's seat is gonna get a tad toasty. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I would be very disappointed if Kubiak were to be fired and I don't think that is in the Texans' best interest. He's brought this team a long ways already and I think McNair knows that. He expects to make the playoffs as most owners would with the roster and staff we have. I hope if this team gets off to a fast start that Kubiak gets an extension ASAP because he is the best coach for this team.
What he said. "must spread rep"
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read