Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-17-2010   #1
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McNabb benched again

Quote:
Rex Grossman will start in place of Donovan McNabb at quarterback against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, according to reports coming out of Washington. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan had refused to name the starter this week, but most folks had assumed it would be McNabb since he started the previous 13 games.

If the reports are true, Shanahan and son Kyle will have sparked yet another controversy in what has been a tumultuous first year on the job. They'd already benched McNabb once this season at the end of a game against the Detroit Lions. Now, it appears Grossman might be taking over for the rest of the season.

McNabb has the long-term contract extension, but that only provides some financial security. If Shanahan really makes this move, I think McNabb will be playing elsewhere next season. He'd already said he would be expect the Redskins to show "professionalism and communication" this week if they were going to bench him.

Here's hoping he didn't have to find out the news on TV (CSN Washington first broke the story). But no matter what, the Shanahan boys have stirred up more controversy in Washington. We thought things might be different once Albert Haynesworth was banished from Redskins Park, but Mike Shanahan has now upped the ante.

But something tells me the Cowboys won't be shaking at the thought of facing Grossman. They treated him pretty poorly in a 2007 game from what I can remember. We'll keep you updated on this situation throughout the day.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...-benched-again
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNabb benched again

Last night i thought i heard they were thinking about it but Kyle said Mcnabb would start the game
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010   #3
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

So...does Rex know something about Little Shanny or something? Maybe a few of his escapades with Chris Simms?

McNabb may have dropped, but you'd be pretty hard pressed to convince me that he's worse than Sexy Rexy.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think Shanahan is a little nuts at this point. Not in that dangerous way or standing on the corner urinating in his own pants while holding out a cup for change kind of way. More like the way those people are who nobody can really work with for very long. You know, functionally crazy. I look at the guy and think "He kinda looks nuts to me". Jerry Glanville was like that. It's like his ego and his desire to have hands-on control of everything around him has gotten out of proportion to the good things he brings to a team.

I think Haynesworth would have been fine in Washington had he been allowed to simply come in and play the position he plays. Changing him to a 3-4 NT flipped his "I'm gonna be an asshole" switch on and I think Shanahan's switch is stuck in the on position now. Mike Shanahan will be out of football after next season and probably won't be coming back anytime soon. That's what I think.
Old 12-17-2010   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe shanahan's thinking something else. Its clear they can't protect whomever is back there so maybe shanahan is trying to save what little of McNabb he has left by letting grosman take the rest of the punishment for the season & then come back with a better line next year for him. I just find it hard to believe he really believes Grossman is the better option at this point.....not after they just gave mcnabb that extension anyway.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

That team had numerous offensive problems before McNabb ever showed up. Their oline sucks and they have subpar recievers. They are trying to deflect the blame off themselves and on the QB when the whole orginization needs to accept blame.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Mcnair should be like Dan Snyder.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2010   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE SEX CANNON (NSFW).

I would post excerpts but there are a lot of wirty dords on there.
Old 12-17-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 84882 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE SEX CANNON (NSFW).

I would post excerpts but there are a lot of wirty dords on there.

That is Hilarious! Some of the comments pretty good as well
Old 12-18-2010   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

McNabb needs to go to AZ and finish is career. Washington experiment has been an epic fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010   #11
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

The Dragon makes another appearance. Wish him the best of luck... if only to see more kissingsuzykolber.com posts about him. Go Sexy Rexy!!!! The original and only SEXCANNON

Damn that pass looks pretty going deep. I bet that cheerleader just creamed herself lookin at it. Who cares if it was intercepted? Did you see the tight spiral on that shit? Bitches love a tight spiral
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read