Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2010   #1
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ... probably not firing Kubiak

doesnt sound like we are going to fire him after reading what Mcnair said

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...-49f0af6d4d59e
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #2
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 11151 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ... probably not firing Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanchris View Post
doesnt sound like we are going to fire him after reading what Mcnair said

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...-49f0af6d4d59e
McNair was asked if all the positive remarks from other owners would have an effect on Texans coach Gary Kubiak's future with the team.

"I think what it does, it's sort of an affirmation that we're on the right track," McNair said. "Clearly, we have to do better, because what we've done wasn't good enough. But (it affirms) that we're on the right track, and I've felt that way all along.

"We'll review everything at the end of the year, and will we make some changes? I'm sure we will make some -- we'll see some things that need to be improved. But we're very, very close to having the kind of team I think that we can all be proud of, and we just have to keep working hard and push it over the top. I think we're close."

The Texans have set an NFL record this season by becoming the first team in league history to come back from a deficit of at least 14 points to take the lead or tie, only to end up losing, in four games.

Each of those four losses has come during a 1-6 skid that has dropped the Texans' record from 4-2 to 5-8, which has all but ended their hopes of making the playoffs for the first time in team history.

"It's a killer," McNair said. "I hurt more than anybody. To see that we're so close to being where we want to be and then to be denied is just very disheartening. But you know, it's like life. I mean, does everything work out in your life? I doubt it. You don't quit, do you? No, you just suck it up and go on. And that's what you have to do. That's one reason this game is such a great reflection of life. It's what we face every day. And our fans, I feel their frustration and what have you. I get letters. I write them all back and tell them, 'Hey, I'm just as frustrated as you are.' But nobody wants to win more than I do, or Gary. I'll tell you that."
Old 12-16-2010   #3
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
McNair was asked if all the positive remarks from other owners would have an effect on Texans coach Gary Kubiak's future with the team.

"I think what it does, it's sort of an affirmation that we're on the right track," McNair said. "Clearly, we have to do better, because what we've done wasn't good enough. But (it affirms) that we're on the right track, and I've felt that way all along.

"We'll review everything at the end of the year, and will we make some changes? I'm sure we will make some -- we'll see some things that need to be improved. But we're very, very close to having the kind of team I think that we can all be proud of, and we just have to keep working hard and push it over the top. I think we're close."

The Texans have set an NFL record this season by becoming the first team in league history to come back from a deficit of at least 14 points to take the lead or tie, only to end up losing, in four games.

Each of those four losses has come during a 1-6 skid that has dropped the Texans' record from 4-2 to 5-8, which has all but ended their hopes of making the playoffs for the first time in team history.

"It's a killer," McNair said. "I hurt more than anybody. To see that we're so close to being where we want to be and then to be denied is just very disheartening. But you know, it's like life. I mean, does everything work out in your life? I doubt it. You don't quit, do you? No, you just suck it up and go on. And that's what you have to do. That's one reason this game is such a great reflection of life. It's what we face every day. And our fans, I feel their frustration and what have you. I get letters. I write them all back and tell them, 'Hey, I'm just as frustrated as you are.' But nobody wants to win more than I do, or Gary. I'll tell you that."
Well, there it is.

Thanks, Bob. No more season tickets for me. I'm done. Flat-screen tv's are too cheap for all of this.

I give up.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm too slow
Old 12-16-2010   #5
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

If we go back to Suckville next year, I think I will sit the season out. Just freaking unbelievable. Yeah Mr. McNair maybe the Texans will make it to the playoff before you kick the bucket with your lukewarm coach. Then again maybe not. Beam me up Scotty. Energize!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't surprise me if Kubiak is retained.
Old 12-16-2010   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Well, there it is.

Thanks, Bob. No more season tickets for me. I'm done. Flat-screen tv's are too cheap for all of this.

I give up.
Need about 68,998 more to follow suit or it will be pointless. Your Houston Texans: Lukewarm since 2006.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

For all who decide you are not going to renew your season tickets, do you have PSL's? Will you lose your PSL if you don't renew?
Old 12-16-2010   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Welp...There it is....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not flood the guy with letters. Where do you write him?
Old 12-16-2010   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I must say, I am not terribly, terribly upset....

I have said all along that I think Kubiak can be a good head coach...I just thought his time here had passed....

Hopefully, we make some changes as far as defensive coaches go, and hopefully Kubiak has no input to that at all...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #12
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking back at post done in October of last year.

"All said I still think it is a coin flip on whether I think it would be better to get rid of him and start over. The rest of the season will decide this. I have not given up on him, but he surely has not won me over this season. I was pro Kubiak at beginning of season but now I am ambivalent. Big questions
1) Inability to get team ready to play. Both beginning of season against Jets and it seems at the beginning of each game. Can he motivate?
2) Are the players tired of his style? Have they bought into his idea for the team? Are the players tired of Smith? Are they really giving 100%. I know some players are , but you really need all the players to give their all, especially when you are almost there like the Texans are.
3) Overall game plans and play selection on offense.
4) Evaluation and usage of the players, strengths and weaknesses of the team as a whole and getting the best outcome you can get based on them.
But really who wants to hear any more. I'm DONE. "

Not a damn thing has changed. I don't think Kubiak gets it.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
For all who decide you are not going to renew your season tickets, do you have PSL's? Will you lose your PSL if you don't renew?
Yes, I have a PSL. Yes, I will lose it.

No, I don't care. I'm tired.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Fans are really really going to groan a lot this year if, Bush isn't fired and a hotshot (read: Not an Internal Promotion) DC isn't hired. I can't imagine what opening day would look like (knock on wood) if Bush is the DC again this year.
Old 12-16-2010   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Told y'all in that cowher thread...Kubiak ain't going nowhere.
Old 12-16-2010   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

""I think what it does, it's sort of an affirmation that we're on the right track," McNair said."
&&
"We're on the right track," McNair said. Huh ? "Right track" ? What "right track" ? I don't see a "right track" ? Anybody see a "right track" ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll probably lose the majority of my interest in this team if we keep Kubiak and continue what we have been doing. I'll still watch the team, but I can't keep following a team on a daily basis that refuses to help themselves and continues down a path of mediocrity.

I don't think McNair understands that fan support comes and goes. He may be blinded by the ticket sales, but I promise you if he keeps this up people will migrate away from the team. While I will still watch the games, there are many people who will quit watching altogether.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the sad part about his statements

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...b-49f0af6d4d59

Quote:
"I was just sort of overwhelmed by the comments that our competitors had to say about our team, because it had never happened before like this," McNair said. "They were all, frankly, pulling for us after the way we came back... They just said it was just one of the most impressive comebacks they had ever seen. What was interesting was they didn't talk about the overtime. They didn't talk about the interception. All they could talk about was the comeback. They could just not believe it.
Basically impressed and happy because of a great failed comeback. What a joke. That is the mentality with him and the team. Cheering for .500. Celebrating 9-7. Impressed with a comeback that is a loss. For a guy who really wants to pull for this team it is pure frustration.
Old 12-16-2010   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Well, there it is.

I give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Need about 68,998 more to follow suit or it will be pointless. Your Houston Texans: Lukewarm since 2006.
For everyone who gives up their PSL's and season tickets ..... there will be a couple dozen waiting to purchase them.

You guy's need to look at the positives , no they may not be in the WL column but I agree with McNair , this team is real close to being real good for an extended stretch.
They do everything well accept stop the pass (and win) , once they solve that they will fulfill those expectations.

Dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read