Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2010   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Players whose contracts are about to be up

2010:

Vonta Leach
Kevin Bentley
Shaun Cody
Jacoby Jones
Kasey Studdard
Zach Diles
Arian Foster
Tim Jamison

http://www.inthebullseye.com/cap2010.html

Which of these guys do you think we will re-sign? Who are we letting go?

Maybe someone can help me with this because I'm not completely sure about how contracts are handled. I know that the current CBA allows for some players to be tendered...I think Jacoby and Studdard fall under that category...

I'm not sure about the others...With the looming CBA talks, it may be a moot point though...

The guys I definitely want to bring back are Foster and Leach. I don't know about the rest.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Players whose contracts are about to be up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
2010:

Vonta Leach
Kevin Bentley
Shaun Cody
Jacoby Jones
Kasey Studdard
Zach Diles
Arian Foster
Tim Jamison

Maybe someone can help me with this because I'm not completely sure about how contracts are handled. I know that the current CBA allows for some players to be tendered...I think Jacoby and Studdard fall under that category...

I'm not sure about the others...With the looming CBA talks, it may be a moot point though...

The guys I definitely want to bring back are Foster and Leach. I don't know about the rest.
Not sure about the details, but I feel that Kevin Bentley, Kasey Studdard and Jacoby Jones will be let go. The rest should be retained. Vonta Leach, Shaun Cody, Zach Diles, Arian Foster, Tim Jamison.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If there's a new regime, only Foster and Leach will be back. New coaches always bring in their former players to serve as depth.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2010:

Vonta Leach
Kevin Bentley
Shaun Cody
Jacoby Jones
Kasey Studdard
Zach Diles
Arian Foster
Tim Jamison

Not sure about the details, but I feel that Kevin Bentley, Kasey Studdard and Jacoby Jones will be let go. The rest should be retained. Vonta Leach, Shaun Cody, Zach Diles, Arian Foster, Tim Jamison.

EDIT: FOR THE RIGHT PRICE!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #5
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bentley has done a decent job since going into the starting line-up. If we can get him for a reasonable price I wouldn't mind keeping him around.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
If there's a new regime, only Foster and Leach will be back. New coaches always bring in their former players to serve as depth.
There is a lot of uncertainty heading into the off-season. We don't know if Kubiak will be back..We dont' know what the CBA will entail...We don't know who we will be drafting...what FA's will be available..

Zach Diles has lost his starting job...Bentley has played pretty well in the middle as a starter...Two key defensive players coming off injuries....Will Zach want to come back? Will some team offer Bentley good money to come in and be a starter?

This is going to be a very interesting off-season...

I think whether or not Kubiak is retained, this team will have some major changes though....
Old 12-16-2010   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only ones that I think provide valuable return/depth: (in my order of importance)

Arian Foster
Vonta Leach
Shaun Cody
Jacoby Jones
Kevin Bentley
Zach Diles
Old 12-16-2010   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The only ones that I think provide valuable return/depth: (in my order of importance)

Arian Foster
Vonta Leach
Shaun Cody
Jacoby Jones
Kevin Bentley
Zach Diles
I would be quite upset if the Texans did not attempt to upgrade Shaun Cody and Zac Diles. I'd be fine with letting Vonta Leach and Jacoby Jones hit the market.
Old 12-16-2010   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I would be quite upset if the Texans did not attempt to upgrade Shaun Cody and Zac Diles. I'd be fine with letting Vonta Leach and Jacoby Jones hit the market.
Really?

Dude is a stud...
Old 12-16-2010   #10
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2010:

Vonta Leach - Beast, paved th way for two 1,000 yard rushers.
Kevin Bentley - Let go
Shaun Cody - Let go, need to upgrade the position ASAP
Jacoby Jones - On the fence, let's see how things play out
Kasey Studdard - Let go, thanks for being a Texan
Zach Diles - Let go
Arian Foster - Must Keep
Tim Jamison - Keep, can be a solid role player

Comments are posted above next to the names of the players...
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really?

Dude is a stud...
No doubt he is. I love me some Vonta Leach.

I say this because I believe we are going to have to pony up again to keep him. Especially if he makes the Pro Bowl. We're going to need the cap room if we're going to make a genuine attempt at revamping this team. A team with this type of offense generally should not sink themselves too deep into the FB position.

Vonta Leach isn't an Andre Johnson or a Matt Schaub. He's replaceable.
Old 12-16-2010   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cody has had a solid year - if not for him this defense is much worse than it already is.

No way Im letting Leach hit the market. He's what makes that running game go.

I'd like to see Bentley stay as well , he can play all the LB spots and is pretty solid on ST.

JJ and Diles have underperformed at least to my expectations. I'd let them test the waters.

I believe Foster is tendered .... he will be back. They could work out a multi year deal for him but either way he's a Texan next season.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember the Jameel Cook experience?

Thats why Leach must be retained
Old 12-16-2010   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No doubt he is. I love me some Vonta Leach.

I say this because I believe we are going to have to pony up again to keep him. Especially if he makes the Pro Bowl. We're going to need the cap room if we're going to make a genuine attempt at revamping this team. A team with this type of offense generally should not sink themselves too deep into the FB position.

Vonta Leach isn't an Andre Johnson or a Matt Schaub. He's replaceable.
I hear what you are saying...

And I do think it's a possibility that someone will throw some good money his way. Definitely gonna be interesting to watch.

But with that said, I just can't see the Texans letting him walk...Dude has been a very valuable piece in our running game...He truly is the hammer...
Old 12-16-2010   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Cody has had a solid year - if not for him this defense is much worse than it already is.

No way Im letting Leach hit the market. He's what makes that running game go.

I'd like to see Bentley stay as well , he can play all the LB spots and is pretty solid on ST.

JJ and Diles have underperformed at least to my expectations. I'd let them test the waters.

I believe Foster is tendered .... he will be back. They could work out a multi year deal for him but either way he's a Texan next season.
If you're content with the performance of anyone not named Mario on that defensive line... I don't know what to say.

As for Leach being the cog that makes this runnong game go... where was our run game last year? How many times have we seen the Texans line up with a single back this year? A lot. And with much success. That's all Arian Foster.

Again, I am a fan of Vonta Leach. I am not trying to discredit Leach but it seems like much of his accolades are... overstated. Simply put, I'd like to keep him, I just don't know if we can afford him considering all of our other holes.
Old 12-16-2010   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Shaun Cody has been a pleasent surprise. Bentley provides veteran leadership. Would like to see Leach retire a Texan. Need to talk extension with Foster. We'll know more about Jamison with Mario on IR. the rest resign for hometown discount or release.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #17
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How could u let leach hit the market... he is one ofthe best blocking fullbacks in football a0nd a big reason for AF's success think about what
happened to Eddie george after they let lorenzo(?) neal go .... he went from one ofe the leading rushers in the NFL to one of the worst in less than a season...no way do we let leach go... it will kill our run game end of story not to mention dude can catch some
80tothezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #18
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you're content with the performance of anyone not named Mario on that defensive line... I don't know what to say.
Antonio Smith. I don't know how you're not content with his play. Mark Anderson for that matter, has come in and done what we asked him to. Now if you want to talk abot the DT's, I'm listening.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #19
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
How could u let leach hit the market... he is one ofthe best blocking fullbacks in football a0nd a big reason for AF's success think about what
happened to Eddie george after they let Lorenzo neal go .... he went from one ofe the leading rushers in the NFL to one of the worst in less than a season...

Always picking up after my little brother.

To your point though. Adrian Murell(yeah, even he hit 1000 yards running behind Neal), Dunn, George, Dillon and LT.

Oh, and for 10 years consecutively he was in front of a 1,000 yard rusher.

Meh... fullbacks are expendible.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Rey;1610163]2010:

Vonta Leach
Shaun Cody
Jacoby Jones
Arian Foster

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read