Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2010   #1
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default To the "Fire Kubiak" gang (Read before Responding)

Ill Start by saying this...

If you respond and you feel oposite (I ALREADY KNOW YOU DO) Please, have legitimate reasoning as to why. And if you don't... then just say you dont have faith in Kubiak.

You people are irrational. Have any of you ever heard the expression: A PERSON is smart, but PEOPLE are stupid.
I say this because as individuals, you could probably hold a decent conversation but get a group of you that all have a similar objective together, and you can't be reasoned with. Someone would be better off drinking gun powder then lighting a match and swallowing it. That's what everyone of you that sit and complain about Kubiak remind me of.

You can feel how you do, your entitled to it... but to neglect an obvious truth is completely ridiculous. Here are some facts.

Fact: We had HIGH EXPECTATIONS to become playoff contenders this year

(Response) EVERY FRANCHISE has High expectations the next year! I trult believe we really SHOULD have a record of like 9-4

Fact: We have UNDERACHIEVED as a football team this year

(Response) Once again, should be 9-4, No argument... but en less your at the top of your division, your going to feel that way. (Cleveland and Detroit excluded)

SUPER FACT: Our defense is DREADFUL!!!(This is a big one)

(Response) ITS TRUE! I can't deny that. However, you want to fire the head coach Kubiak. You gather like a cult and post it countless times a day on almost every thread that has to do with the Houston Texans... That doesn't make any sense to me. However, I DO understand at the end of the day everyone really just wants to win. I personally would go after to the source of our direct problems. I think it's Defensive Coordinator Frank Bush. If it's his coaching that's causing the problem then get him out of there. However, If its the players that aren't capable of executing the designed play, get them out of there. Where your problem is, that's what you fix. This is BASIC problem solving. You don't throw a TV away because your remote is broken! You get a new remote! There is nothing wrong with kubiak! He is very capable and if you throw him away because of THIS you'll regret not having the positive that he DOES bring to the table.

Fact: SOME of the play calling has been questionable

(Response) The keyword in that is SOME. But here is my question... Where YOU in the meetings and in the huddles and listening to the plays being called to truly know who's really at fault? None of us where. However, the people that know the facts still have individuals in the position they are in. THIS applies to Kubiak. If Mcnair KNOWS that kubiak isn't doing his job correctly and isn't making good judgment calls MOST of the time... get him out of there. If Kubiak KNOWS that someone under him isn't performing to expectation after the necessary tools are given, get them out of there.

If you just don't believe in Kubiak fine. But what are you going to more towards? Fire Kubiak if you know what your getting and you like it. But if you don't, why do it? I Wouldn't... Because here is what I believe... Eventually, Kubiak will be gone... but those players who keep falling, and blowing coverages and dropping balls and making bad decisions will still be there. Some of the problems will be fixed. However, Some of the abilities will all take for granted will be lost... Like our offense. IF the incoming coach keeps key players and components of our offense after Kubiak is gone, then the POTENTIAL will still be there. But I doubt he will... And I doubt his offense will be anywhere near as potent.
Old 12-15-2010   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To the "Fire Kubiak" gang (Read before Responding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
Ill Start by saying this...

You people are irrational.
This is the short version of your post.

My response to it is, nevermind...

.....I've got more than a season-and-a-half of my rationale in
favor of Kubiak's firing, right here on this board. On record.

Where is yours?
Old 12-15-2010   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

The "Fire Kubiak" gang were a bunch of knee jerkers in 2007. They were irrational back then.

Now it's probably 90% of the fanbase.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #4
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you do if the TV AND the remote are broken?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #5
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak HIRED Frank Bush and PICKED all of the players who are on our roster.

I discount the opinion of anyone who would actually state "There is nothing wrong with kubiak," as it shows that you have no clue what you are talking about.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #6
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some of the abilities will all take for granted will be lost... Like our offense. IF the incoming coach keeps key players and components of our offense after Kubiak is gone, then the POTENTIAL will still be there. But I doubt he will... And I doubt his offense will be anywhere near as potent.
I think we all fully realize that bringing in a new coach is not necessarily going to make us a better team. It is quite possible that we become worse and end up a total mess again. It is also possible that a new coach can take us to playoffs. All of us in the "Fire Kubiak" club want him gone (and other staff members as well) because this franchise has gone stagnant. I would rather take a risk on a new coach and win 4 games next year then sit through another Kubiak-led 8-8 season.
Old 12-15-2010   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't need a reason to explain myself. However, if one is needed, it's that I've been watching the NFL (old AFL) in Houston since the late 60s and I am getting ****ing impatient.

I'm also getting a tad more grumpier in my old age, so add that to the impatient part and I want Kubiak gone and don't need multiple paragraphs to explain it all.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2010   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You don't throw a TV away because your remote is broken! You get a new remote!
We changed the remote already. Even checked the batteries a couple times. Eventually you have to upgrade from a tube TV to a flat panel TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
What do you do if the TV AND the remote are broken?
You bring the remote down from the booth to the sidelines. :P
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #9
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
Kubiak HIRED Frank Bush and PICKED all of the players who are on our roster.

I discount the opinion of anyone who would actually state "There is nothing wrong with kubiak," as it shows that you have no clue what you are talking about.
As far as players go... No one REALLY knows what there getting in the draft... You have to give them the tools they need and the opportunity to suceed. As Far as Frank Bush... Im with you on that one. I DO think hes much to blame... But like I stated earlier, I have no REAL Proof as to whos really to blame. I guess my question for you is, why kill the body by cutting off the head? Your going to have to bring in a new body with no promise that its any better then the last. The last body worked, just not like you hoped... Lets get some body parts
Old 12-15-2010   #10
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
You bring the remote down from the booth to the sidelines. :P
rep!
Old 12-15-2010   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is dumb. It should be merged into one of the 900 other Fire Kubiak threads.

Oh, and your tv analogy was funny. I'm dealing with something along those lines. My tv is working fine, but I've had it for like 15 years. No problems with it. However, all of the programming these days is in widescreen, 16 x 9 dimensions. Even old school re-runs. Even old shows on my screen show up with the edges totally blocked off. I was watching a re-run of The Office the other day. It was a scene where two people were sitting across from each other in an office. On my screen, all I could see was a desk. The two people on the scene were cut off because of my old-school tv.

So, even though my tv works fine, I'm going to have to get rid of it because current programming has moved on.

Kubiak continues to push is ridiculus, small-linemen zone blocking, even though defensive linemen have gotten MUCH bigger since the Broncos won those back-to-back Super Bowls. Shanahan did the same thing, and the Broncos kept going 8-8, and ended up getting fired.

It its time to update our equipment to keep up with the current NFL.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #12
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

FACT: Bears eat beets.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galatica.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
FACT: Bears eat beets.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galatica.
Hey, whats going on, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

IDENTITY THEFT IS NOT A JOKE JEN!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

FACT: Gary Kubiak hired Frank Bush. There were other more experienced coordinators out there but he wanted someone that was in his "group" and that he was comfortable with. Bush had no experience as the main guy. That is on Kubiak as much as anyone

FACT: This isn't a one year thing with play calling, etc. For 4 years this team has started 5-7. For most of those years they have finished at .500. During these time periods the team has gone on horrible stretches of losing that tank a season. During those seasons there has ALWAYS been people wondering why Kubiak wasted a timeout. There have been jokes for years about his challenges. They have been notorious for starting games slow..which is all about preparation.

FACT: Kubiak is as much a GM as Rick Smith is. They are together in the evaluation process of players and in drafting. They have decided to bring in the Kareem Jacksons, the Amobis, etc. If you add this to hiring Bush, etc then your theory of bringing in more parts has no merit because they already have shown that they can't successfully evaluate those parts!

FACT: There has been high expectations for 3 years and all of them have not been met. This has never been a 1 year problem.

FACT: Kubiak is the only coach hired at the same time he was to not make the playoffs.
Old 12-15-2010   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As far as players go... No one REALLY knows what there getting in the draft... You have to give them the tools they need and the opportunity to suceed. As Far as Frank Bush... Im with you on that one. I DO think hes much to blame... But like I stated earlier, I have no REAL Proof as to whos really to blame. I guess my question for you is, why kill the body by cutting off the head? Your going to have to bring in a new body with no promise that its any better then the last. The last body worked, just not like you hoped... Lets get some body parts
Don't forget he also hired Richard Smith.

Frank Bush is his 2nd failed DC hire now. There were plenty of other DC's on the market when both guys got hired. How many more chances should he get to bring in a competent DC?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #16
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't need a reason to explain myself. However, if one is needed, it's that I've been watching the NFL (old AFL) in Houston since the late 60s and I am getting ****ing impatient.

I'm also getting a tad more grumpier in my old age, so add that to the impatient part and I want Kubiak gone and don't need multiple paragraphs to explain it all.
Lmao... That must be your real pic as your avatar. j/k
Old 12-15-2010   #17
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Don't forget he also hired Richard Smith.

Frank Bush is his 2nd failed DC hire now. There were plenty of other DC's on the market when both guys got hired. How many more chances should he get to bring in a competent DC?
Didnt the defense improve the 2nd half of the season last year?... I thought they did but I may have been mistaken.
Old 12-15-2010   #18
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
The "Fire Kubiak" gang were a bunch of knee jerkers in 2007. They were irrational back then.

Now it's probably 90% of the fanbase.
I've been in this gang since after the 2008 season. I did't see what others did in Kubiak, especially with his lack of instilling any fire, leadership or preparation on this team. It's just gotten more glaring over the years.

A guy with no heart and fire doesn't change; he was the same two years ago, and he's the same this year. Our team has too much talent to allow a dead fish like Kubiak to waste it.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #19
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, just for the record, I take no pride in the fact that I was 100 percent correct about this team.

When Kubiak got his extension, I was FURIOUS. It felt wrong, and I told a friend it was going to set us back a year. He told me I was overreacting.

Right before the season, I predicted 7-9. I was called negative.

At the trade deadline a couple of months ago, I said if we didn't make a big trade on defense, the season is over. A buddy of mine told me I was being harsh and that I should have faith.

I predicted we would lose to Jacksonville because they're a better coached team. I was called nuts.

Look, I am upset that I was right about this team. I wanted to be proven wrong, and would have eaten crow 10 times if I were. But this goes back to the old Maya Angelou quote: "If someone shows you who they are, believe them."
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #20
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Didnt the defense improve the 2nd half of the season last year?... I thought they did but I may have been mistaken.
Yes they did

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read