Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-15-2010   #1
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Worst NFL Sunday Advertisement in History

So, I was looking for a place to grab a pint and a burger before tomorrow Canucks game, here in Vancouver, and look at this advertisement on one of the bars near to the stadium:

The pub's website.

Someone tell me I'm crazy and this isn't an unmentionable quarterback. Also tell me that the Texans haven't played USC before... They barely show a Texans game in Vancouver, but to use an outdated picture like that. Goodness me!

I didn't even know where the heck to post this.
Old 12-15-2010   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Worst NFL Sunday Advertisement in History

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #3
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

That's respect right there.

Old 12-15-2010   #4
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
So, I was looking for a place to grab a pint and a burger before tomorrow Canucks game, here in Vancouver, and look at this advertisement on one of the bars near to the stadium:

The pub's website.

Someone tell me I'm crazy and this isn't an unmentionable quarterback. Also tell me that the Texans haven't played USC before... They barely show a Texans game in Vancouver, but to use an outdated picture like that. Goodness me!

Probably the NSFW forum due the the audible cursing it will induce from the board.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That's not even USC, is that Minnesota?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #6
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

In all fairness...David Carr looked GREAT when he WAS in the NCAA.

"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

They got the jersey number right.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2010   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Could be the redskins jerseys. They look like that

Edit: I can't find any redskins jerseys with yellow numbers actually
Old 12-15-2010   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

That boy always looked good in a uniform. Which coincidentally, is the primary reason for drafting and starting him!

EPIC FAIL in advertising, though. Very pathetic of them.
Old 12-15-2010   #10
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

...leave it to the Canucks and we all see what happens.
Old 12-15-2010   #11
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 45762 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if the "sweet contests" include autographed Boselli jerseys as prizes?
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I wonder if the "sweet contests" include autographed Boselli jerseys as prizes?
Oh! And some Bennie Joppru items, too.

We're still a joke.
Old 12-15-2010   #13
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

wonder if those sweet contest are sweet
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #14
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
...leave it to the Canucks and we all see what happens.
As a resident of Canada, I can only appologise.

I need to find a contact for the bar owner, perhaps he is a bitter Titans fan trying to wind up the huge Houston Texans fanclub we have in Vancovuer?
Old 12-15-2010   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
As a resident of Canada, I can only appologise.

I need to find a contact for the bar owner, perhaps he is a bitter Titans fan trying to wind up the huge Houston Texans fanclub we have in Vancovuer?
Or a Niners fan who doesn't want HWWDNSO anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The pub's website.

Old 12-15-2010   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pretty sure the Texans are playing the Minnesota Gophers in that photo. USC has gray facemasks. Even against college teams Carr is panicking in the pocket.

BTW, I looked up the results. The Gophers won.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #18
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I am pretty sure the Texans are playing the Minnesota Gophers in that photo. USC has gray facemasks. Even against college teams Carr is panicking in the pocket.

Good work!!

So they've backed up using an obscure player with an obscure team.

I really want to meet the person who made this poster, to see a.) their sanity level and b.) what their connection to Minnesota U and the Texans is.
Old 12-15-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Well that and the guy right behind #29 has a big 'ol "M" on his helmet.
Old 12-15-2010   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well that and the guy right behind #29 has a big 'ol "M" on his helmet.
Yeah, but on the David Carr poster you can't see the side of the helmet. What gives it away is the maroon facemask, the white Nike swish logo and the gold collar.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read