Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2010   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Enjoy Special Team failures? Merry Christmas from ..

The Texans.

That's the headline of the article.

The thumbnail on the Yahoo homepage included this little nugget ...

Quote:
Football play called one of season's worst
Three Houston Texans look like a slapstick act on a long touchdown run, one blogger says.
I was hoping the almighty Farve/Metrodome debacle would keep us off the front pages.
Old 12-15-2010   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Enjoy Special Team failures? Merry Christmas from ..

I spilled coffee over this bit

Quote:
The play also capped an interesting week for Reed. I believe he became the first NFL player ever to have his home raided by police and then return a kick for a touchdown in the same week. While authorities did confiscate some materials from his home, no charges were filed. Slippery guy
Old 12-15-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football play called one of season's worst

Quote:
Some people refer to this play as a "David Reed kickoff return for a touchdown." I prefer to call it "The time three Texans decided it would be more fun to just tackle each other." Take a look at the worst tackling job of the NFL season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-295573
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

That was just gawd awful tackling on the Texans part. The Texans sometimes still act like they are an expansion team with crappy thrown togeather talent. When will it ever end???????

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #5
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe that was the first special teams score of the season against us. It was still a shitty play, obviously, but only allowing one ST TD a year isn't bad. You can't win em all.
Old 12-15-2010   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I believe that was the first special teams score of the season against us. It was still a shitty play, obviously, but only allowing one ST TD a year isn't bad. You can't win em all.
True, that part is very nice. What's pissing me off is that everyone and their mother gets past the 20 on kicks and punts, whereas we opt to not return the ball from the 10yarder everytime. Are we blocking the kicking ST players at all, are someone seeing something that I'm missing?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read