Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2010   #1
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What do you wish for, for the end of the season

So, what outcome of the season would you prefer:

1) winning out from here on - finishing 8/8, probably missing the playoffs
2) lose out from here on - finishing 5/11

Basically the question is: do you want the team to keep fighting till the end, entertain the fans and media and go into the next season with a better feeling -

or do you want the team to lose, basically forcing McNair to do major changes in coaching and improving the draft position.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you wish for, for the end of the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post

Basically the question is: do you want the team to keep fighting till the end, entertain the fans and media and go into the next season with a better feeling -

or do you want the team to lose, basically forcing McNair to do major changes in coaching and improving the draft position.
I just want it to be over so I can move on with my life.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Judging from what I heard today on the radio, the off season might as well start today. The whole organization is done. Football season has sucked this year. It really has. 10 days before Christmas and I have no team to get behind. Dang it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoping your team loses is some serious bush league garbage. It's one of the few things that will land people on my ignore list.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
...Basically the question is: do you want the team to keep fighting till the end, entertain the fans and media and go into the next season with a better feeling...
I think we got that last year. How'd that work out?

I'd like the team to keep fighting, though. Play some spoilers if possible, but if it comes at the expense of no worthwhile changes next year.....
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we win out and go 8-8 AND we get Cower AND we have a good draft AND there is no lock out AND I win the lotto.

So there.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Win or lose, we just need to showcase our talent for Cowher.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2010   #8
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

5-11 so my early season prediction will be right.

Another come back from 14 or more down only to lose so we can hold that record.

The defense continue to suck so we can be the worst pass defense in history.

And that is about it....

Oh and no serious injuries that would effect next season.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Win or lose, we just need to showcase our talent for Cowher.
I believe just about this very thing.
Old 12-14-2010   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, I'm indifferent what they do. The only consistent thing seems to be hilarious comedy at the end of the game. I wish they'd stop that.
Old 12-14-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Meh, I'm indifferent what they do. The only consistent thing seems to be hilarious comedy at the end of the game. I wish they'd stop that.
Yeah, I want some of that comedy at the beginning of the game for once...
Old 12-14-2010   #12
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Judging from what I heard today on the radio, the off season might as well start today. The whole organization is done. Football season has sucked this year. It really has. 10 days before Christmas and I have no team to get behind. Dang it.
The season ain't over yet. They've still got three games to go
in the "WE WUB'S KUBES" job saving portion of the season.

Let's not for get that over the last seven games played by the Texans
their record is:

1 - 6

It's also interesting to note that in 2009, the Texans went 1-5 in
the division, and 8-2 outside of the division.

This year, they could potentially finish 4-2 in the division, and
3-7 outside.

Bottom line, it's ALWAYS something with this team. Last year, they
started games fast, and flamed out in the end. This year, they
lay down early and come roaring back to finish juuuuussst short.

It's time this regime gets judged on its RESULTS. I want to
watch an NFL team, not "The Bad News Bears."
Old 12-14-2010   #13
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:

I want whatever it takes to get Kubiak fired. I don't want to hope this team loses, but honestly if that is what it takes for this to end then I'm for it.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #14
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 182 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

what do I wish for? a new coaching staff, from top to bottom. 2nd: a better version of schaub. we can't afford to pull back into games only to lose the way well, only the Texans lose. My heart has been broken too many times in this team's short history. I can't handle much more. .... and let's see the tacks suck it out the rest of their season, and the cowpokes too. That would make me feel just a tad better.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #15
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

1500 for Andre!
Let's make NFL history, but in a good way.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see the bench cleared for the remaining meaningless games. Treat the last few games like next years preseason and see what some of these guys are capable of. We need to know if some of these guys are worth inviting to next years training camp. Guys that I want to see play so that we can evaluate them for next year:

Doren Dickerson-WR
Antwaun Molden-CB
Shelley Smith-OG
Troy Nolan-FS
Domonique Barber-SS
Quintin Demps-FS
Steve Slaton-RB
James Casey-TE
Garrett Graham-TE
Xavier Adibi-OLB
Earl Mitchell-DT
Kasey Studdard-OG
Darryl Sharpton-OLB
Brice McCain-CB
Sherrick McManis-CB
Damione Lewis-DT
Stanford Keglar-MLB
Tim Jamison-DE
Anthony Hill-TE
etc...

Some of these guys will simply remind us of how bad they are and why they are on the bench and others might show us that they deserve significantly more playing time and that they're starter candidates for next year. Better to know now, before FA and the draft, instead of 3-4 games into next season.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 12-15-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read