Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2010   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I ain't mad attcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This is the attitude that makes this franchise a loser. Calling the Jags "lucky" and ridiculous stuff like that, and being excited because we make games competitive but lose them any way. You're advocating that being a league joke every year that no one outside of Houston even pays any attention to is perfectly fine as long we're competitive in our losses.

The Jags will have been to the post season what 3 times now if they win this division since Kubes has been here? They have a team that seems to over achieve at least every now and then and a HC that does more with less than less with more like we do. There is nothing you can bash the Jags on right now. That team has earned their position unlike a Houston team that should be light years ahead of them. Getting lucky would be throwing a hail marry pass at the end of the game to win against a great team that's been to the post season several times. It's not getting lucky when it's against a team that plays only one half of football every game, always finds epic ways to lose that are unimaginable, and against a team that gets out coached every week.

There is nothing to be happy with when your team is 5-8 in year 5 of a regime of coach/GM that have never proven anything that shouldn't even be working here. That's called a disaster.
WOW!!!!

Sorry, SheTexan. I luv ya' like everyone else on here does, but you knocked down a hornet's nest when you posted that post.

I have to give Tex an "amen" here, which means in a way I am not supporting your post. I hope you're OK with that, it's just business. I understand you're proud of the players for hanging in there. I think we're all in agreement that they sucked it up and did what they could...our beef is not with them, it's with the so-called "adults" who are leading the so-called "kids" out there.
Old 12-15-2010   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not really mad about this game; I'm mad about this season. However, this game pretty much sums up this season:

Two of our receivers have stone hands and ruin the offense for the whole first half.

Our DC doesn't figure out how to deal with their offense until the 4th qtr.

Kubiak ignores the best RB in the NFL and has our QB throwing passes out of the endzone in OT....resulting in the inevitable pick-6 to end the game.

The late comeback to get close or tie it, only to finally make a mistake, because your team puts itself in a position where it can't afford even the slightest mistake, is getting really old. Show up for the first half and stop out-smarting yourself....Kubiak.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #23
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 282 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Wrong!! Come on dude! Our boys gave the Raven's a run for their money. Scared the bird poop out of them those last few minutes. A brilliant comeback IMHO and I'm proud of them for never giving up. That's what a comback means, NEVER GIVING UP, win or lose, hanging in there and making the other team work their butts off for a win. We didn't give the game to them at all. Crap seems to happen to our team, and this year luck seems to favor the opponent! YES, luck has a lot to do with the game of football. Being in the right place at the right time. Just ask the Jags. Luckiest team in the NFL this year!!
You're kidding me right? A comeback doesn't mean to tie and then lose.
BullsOnParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #24
TEXANJAK
Texans #1

Rep Power: 126 TEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though we lost, I'm not mad either, to do what we did against the Ravens i was a very impressed with the second half of the game. Our defense finally stepped up.
Old 12-15-2010   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsOnParade View Post
You're kidding me right? A comeback doesn't mean to tie and then lose.
WoooHooo!! Thanks for the neg rep BOP!! My second one in nine years!! I feel honored because the first one was from a Saints fan and kinda ticked me off. Getting neg repped by a Texan fan is priceless!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #26
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I'm sure alot of folks are pretty pissed about last nights outting. I am not so much... This game was to be chalked up as a loss from the beginning and nobody gave the Texans a chance. The Ravens are one hell of a team and Houston stepped up and played. They even held on to the very end of the 4th quarter to come back and tie the game. I would say thats a hell of a come back and shows alot of heart for the team. I also beleive they will be a force to be reconned with next year if they are able to stop some passes.
Yeah the almost comeback was pretty sweet. But we cant keep living on what ifs and next year. This team is the ultimate tease, and something needs to be done to get us where we want to be.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
WoooHooo!! Thanks for the neg rep BOP!! My second one in nine years!! I feel honored because the first one was from a Saints fan and kinda ticked me off. Getting neg repped by a Texan fan is priceless!!
He neg rep'd you? That's lame.

BOP, we use neg rep like you'd use a tactical nuke: Never.

The cultural norm here, on this board, is to give positive rep but to then insert a statement into the rep data entry box, telling the person WHY you disagree with them.

The point is this: We can positive rep people even if we disagree with their statement or idea. And the reason this is a valid exercise is because all of this is mostly opinion-based conversation. So to neg rep someone just because you didn't like what they said...well, it's not exactlya unifying gesture on a board (like this one) where we strive to get along.

Sorry for the lecture. Someone gave me tihs same pep talk a long time ago on here. Just passing on the message, and hope you continue to post your ideas and thoughts with us!
Old 12-15-2010   #28
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never seen the Ravens hug an opponent after the game. I believe they knew how lucky they were.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #29
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I have never seen the Ravens hug an opponent after the game. I believe they knew how lucky they were.
And here it goes again. Calling another team that is consistently better than ours "lucky". That's a cop out and an excuse to make yourself feel better for failing. It's a sad state of affairs for many of our fans to inject this attitude.

There is nothing lucky about a Ravens team who has had one of the best defenses in the league for the last decade to win a game by an INT into the end zone. It's not lucky when a 9-4 team who has been to the post season who is well coached ends up winning a game that goes to OT. It's not lucky when a team that put up almost 30 points in the first half ends up winning their game.

Luck was the Texans coming back and actually beating the Redskins and the Chiefs this year, because that's something that rarely ever happens with a team that plays one half of football every week and has a lame duck HC that believes that a bible study session will somehow fix this team instead of a hard core kick in the ass to it's soft wannabee finnese players.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #30
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Drew might just be one man team for the Jags but all that means is Del Rio has done more with Drew than Gary has done with a whole team.
Old 12-15-2010   #31
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: I ain't mad attcha

Hate me all you want but Matt Schaub is a Pro Bowl QB with the leagues leading rusher and a multiple Pro Bowl wideout in Andre Johnson. If Schaub was a true leader, he would have surveyd the field, read the defense, told Kubiak to screw himself, and then promptly called a play that would allow the Texans to stabd the heart of that Ravens D whether it be a running play or a pass play to a TE or whatever.

Throwing that INT was ALL on him, he's been with this team for four years, he ought know better then that!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
How exactly is us expecting more going to get better results from the Texans?

Right!!!!!
Old 12-15-2010   #33
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Hate me all you want but Matt Schaub is a Pro Bowl QB with the leagues leading rusher and a multiple Pro Bowl wideout in Andre Johnson. If Schaub was a true leader, he would have surveyd the field, read the defense, told Kubiak to screw himself, and then promptly called a play that would allow the Texans to stabd the heart of that Ravens D whether it be a running play or a pass play to a TE or whatever.
Throwing that INT was ALL on him, he's been with this team for four years, he ought know better then that!

Bolded is total bs.! After that is spot on though...
Old 12-15-2010   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

BS.... I think you missed the fact that Jacoby Jones, yet again was in the wrong place... Please revisit the AJ TD where He tapped both feet in bounds before touching his hand down in the back of the endzone.... Who is right in front of AJ, reaching high for the pass????

You're missing the point..... I would focus in on the defense a little more than the offense... Oh and BTW, after Monday night and the Keystone Cop act on ST, starting the second half, I would explore the special teams - too..... (although, in all fairness they have been decent for most of the year).
Old 12-15-2010   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Mods... Please delete this post. It was a duplicate born out of the board hanging up again...

Old 12-15-2010   #36
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He neg rep'd you? That's lame.

BOP, we use neg rep like you'd use a tactical nuke: Never.

The cultural norm here, on this board, is to give positive rep but to then insert a statement into the rep data entry box, telling the person WHY you disagree with them.

The point is this: We can positive rep people even if we disagree with their statement or idea. And the reason this is a valid exercise is because all of this is mostly opinion-based conversation. So to neg rep someone just because you didn't like what they said...well, it's not exactlya unifying gesture on a board (like this one) where we strive to get along.

Sorry for the lecture. Someone gave me tihs same pep talk a long time ago on here. Just passing on the message, and hope you continue to post your ideas and thoughts with us!

Agreed! Thanks for putting it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BS.... I think you missed the fact that Jacoby Jones, yet again was in the wrong place... Please revisit the AJ TD where He tapped both feet in bounds before touching his hand down in the back of the endzone.... Who is right in front of AJ, reaching high for the pass????

You're missing the point..... I would focus in on the defense a little more than the offense... Oh and BTW, after Monday night and the Keystone Cop act on ST, starting the second half, I would explore the special teams - too..... (although, in all fairness they have been decent for most of the year).

Okay, its wrong for me to blame Schaub but I want him to become a better leader. Yes, he lead the drive that allowed us to tie the game but he is a football player who should know how the defense is playing and what to expect. Like they said, his spidy sense should've been tingiling and he should have called another play.

Although, the INT did seem as if someone was not in the right place, I'll have to check back on that. If so, sorry Schaub hate to be hard on you like that but my point still stands.

I wish I could clone Andre Johnson's heart and passion and place it in every Texans player, now that would make a helluva team!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #37
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is the attitude that makes this franchise a loser. Calling the Jags "lucky" and ridiculous stuff like that, and being excited because we make games competitive but lose them any way. You're advocating that being a league joke every year that no one outside of Houston even pays any attention to is perfectly fine as long we're competitive in our losses.

I was under the impression that fans have no impact on the team and their personality. At least, that's according to a few "well-respected" posters here.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Agreed! Thanks for putting it out there.

Okay, its wrong for me to blame Schaub but I want him to become a better leader. Yes, he lead the drive that allowed us to tie the game but he is a football player who should know how the defense is playing and what to expect. Like they said, his spidy sense should've been tingiling and he should have called another play.

Although, the INT did seem as if someone was not in the right place, I'll have to check back on that. If so, sorry Schaub hate to be hard on you like that but my point still stands.

I wish I could clone Andre Johnson's heart and passion and place it in every Texans player, now that would make a helluva team!

Please, check on that... While I didn't watch NFLN replay, I did record the game. I'd be happy to watch it with you...There is no reason JJ should've been there or anywhere close.

Bottom line, our Texans found a new and creative way to win, wait, what?? errrrrr Snatch defeat from from the jaws of victory.... FML!!!! I feel like an Oilers fan, all over again!!

*EDIT*
As an aside, I would much rather discuss differences with respect (much as Texan4Ever and I are attempting to do), rather than insults that this site has turned into!!! C'mon folks, get it together!!!!
Old 12-15-2010   #39
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I was under the impression that fans have no impact on the team and their personality. At least, that's according to a few "well-respected" posters here.
You think that the owner goes through much agony when he's selling out stadiums still with a 5-8 team right now and a bunch of fans that are perfectly happy with that record as long as they're losing games in a competitive fascion? I'll let you think on that one for a moment. It's not that challenging to figure that one out.

If the fans accept and smile for mediocrity, then the owner will be fine with that as well as long as they're still spending money.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #40
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
You think that the owner goes through much agony when he's selling out stadiums still with a 5-8 team right now and a bunch of fans that are perfectly happy with that record as long as they're losing games in a competitive fascion? I'll let you think on that one for a moment. It's not that challenging to figure that one out.

If the fans accept and smile for mediocrity, then the owner will be fine with that as well as long as they're still spending money.
Exactly, can't say it any better myself.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read