Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2010   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I ain't mad attcha

I'm sure alot of folks are pretty pissed about last nights outting. I am not so much... This game was to be chalked up as a loss from the beginning and nobody gave the Texans a chance. The Ravens are one hell of a team and Houston stepped up and played. They even held on to the very end of the 4th quarter to come back and tie the game. I would say thats a hell of a come back and shows alot of heart for the team. I also beleive they will be a force to be reconned with next year if they are able to stop some passes.
Old 12-14-2010   #2
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 283 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I ain't mad attcha

Dammit, c'mon fans. Expect more.
BullsOnParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #3
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsOnParade View Post
how could we expect more? we got coach who gets pass happy and forgets we have the leading rusher and a historically bad defense. i dont know about you guys but i was expecting the texans to find a new way to lose that game. At this point im not even angry at the loses and just have to laugh at how bad our organization is.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #4
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 35494 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not mad. I went "Kubiak" several weeks ago - that is I stopped caring whether the Texans win or lose. I just say I hope the kids will do better next week, even though I know they won't (and I won't care).
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #5
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I'm not mad. I went "Kubiak" several weeks ago - that is I stopped caring whether the Texans win or lose. I just say I hope the kids will do better next week, even though I know they won't (and I won't care).
IMO this post is way over the top. I don't even know why I am responding but I am. It is one thing to call Kubiak a dumbass, ***** or clueless coach. It altogether different to say the man doesn't care. I sincerely believe the man cares. I really do. I think he wants to win. He just doesn't know how. Be fair and not make baseless accusations. It didn't work out for him here. I'm sorry that it didn't. I think he is absolutely crushed it didn't work out for him. However, I never once doubted that he cared about this team and its success. Shake the man's hand, wish him luck and be a man about it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43353 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Check the prediction thread. Lots of people were expecting a blow out. The team hung tough and battled back to take the game to over time. They didn't pull it out. Their not quite there yet.
Old 12-14-2010   #7
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 283 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanchris View Post
how could we expect more? we got coach who gets pass happy and forgets we have the leading rusher and a historically bad defense. i dont know about you guys but i was expecting the texans to find a new way to lose that game. At this point im not even angry at the loses and just have to laugh at how bad our organization is.
I think you're missing my point here. We need to expect more out of our organization to get better results. I knew we weren't going to win the game because of tendencies I've seen before.

As for one hell of a comeback, it's not a comeback if you don't win the game.
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43353 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think you're missing my point here. We need to expect more out of our organization to get better results. I knew we weren't going to win the game because of tendencies I've seen before.

How exactly is us expecting more going to get better results from the Texans?
Old 12-14-2010   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

"I'm not angry at them, I'm disapointed"...

well when my parents told me that, it made me feel worse.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #10
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
How exactly is us expecting more going to get better results from the Texans?
If you don't go to games because you know what to expect, Bob will take notice. Perhaps I originally should of said "demand more."
Old 12-14-2010   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Season has been over for a while now. Plus, the loss could mean one step closer to Kubiak being gone and Cowher being here in Houston.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wrong!! Come on dude! Our boys gave the Raven's a run for their money. Scared the bird poop out of them those last few minutes. A brilliant comeback IMHO and I'm proud of them for never giving up. That's what a comback means, NEVER GIVING UP, win or lose, hanging in there and making the other team work their butts off for a win. We didn't give the game to them at all. Crap seems to happen to our team, and this year luck seems to favor the opponent! YES, luck has a lot to do with the game of football. Being in the right place at the right time. Just ask the Jags. Luckiest team in the NFL this year!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Check the prediction thread. Lots of people were expecting a blow out. The team hung tough and battled back to take the game to over time. They didn't pull it out. Their not quite there yet.
In the end, the result was the same

Losers, yet again.
Old 12-14-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
In the end, the result was the same

Losers, yet again.

Yep!
Old 12-14-2010   #15
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 35494 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
IMO this post is way over the top. I don't even know why I am responding but I am. It is one thing to call Kubiak a dumbass, ***** or clueless coach. It altogether different to say the man doesn't care. I sincerely believe the man cares. I really do. I think he wants to win. He just doesn't know how. Be fair and not make baseless accusations. It didn't work out for him here. I'm sorry that it didn't. I think he is absolutely crushed it didn't work out for him. However, I never once doubted that he cared about this team and its success. Shake the man's hand, wish him luck and be a man about it.
Kubes seems pretty even-keeled to me. Seems like if he really cared by now he would occasionally act like he gives a cr*p. Maybe he is just being the complete professional. Even if that is the case, if he cared he would do something to make things different. Which he has not / will not do. So either he doesn't care, or your theory - he is SO clueless that he is not even aware that there is a problem or that these games count as losses or that he doesn't know that there is a difference between winning and losing. In which case he is so clueless that he doesn't know enough to be crushed, or even to care.

Hey, I can shake the man's hand, wish him luck (in Denver hopefully), and be a man about it because I DON'T CARE.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL @ how this team's approach to the game of football has caused fans to justify and rationalize that things are not what they seem.

I see too many people patting this team on the shoulders for having "scared the Ravens" and for "not getting blown out when it had been chalked up as a loss."

Freaking listen to yourselves, for crying out loud.
Old 12-14-2010   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Wrong!! Come on dude! Our boys gave the Raven's a run for their money. Scared the bird poop out of them those last few minutes. A brilliant comeback IMHO and I'm proud of them for never giving up. That's what a comback means, NEVER GIVING UP, win or lose, hanging in there and making the other team work their butts off for a win. We didn't give the game to them at all. Crap seems to happen to our team, and this year luck seems to favor the opponent! YES, luck has a lot to do with the game of football. Being in the right place at the right time. Just ask the Jags. Luckiest team in the NFL this year!!
This is the attitude that makes this franchise a loser. Calling the Jags "lucky" and ridiculous stuff like that, and being excited because we make games competitive but lose them any way. You're advocating that being a league joke every year that no one outside of Houston even pays any attention to is perfectly fine as long we're competitive in our losses.

The Jags will have been to the post season what 3 times now if they win this division since Kubes has been here? They have a team that seems to over achieve at least every now and then and a HC that does more with less than less with more like we do. There is nothing you can bash the Jags on right now. That team has earned their position unlike a Houston team that should be light years ahead of them. Getting lucky would be throwing a hail marry pass at the end of the game to win against a great team that's been to the post season several times. It's not getting lucky when it's against a team that plays only one half of football every game, always finds epic ways to lose that are unimaginable, and against a team that gets out coached every week.

There is nothing to be happy with when your team is 5-8 in year 5 of a regime of coach/GM that have never proven anything that shouldn't even be working here. That's called a disaster.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #18
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanchris View Post
What do you want playing from behind?
You have to pass and being "pass happy" is how we sent the game into OT in the first place.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This is the attitude that makes this franchise a loser. Calling the Jags "lucky" and ridiculous stuff like that, and being excited because we make games competitive but lose them any way. You're advocating that being a league joke every year that no one outside of Houston even pays any attention to is perfectly fine as long we're competitive in our losses.

The Jags will have been to the post season what 3 times now if they win this division since Kubes has been here? They have a team that seems to over achieve at least every now and then and a HC that does more with less than less with more like we do. There is nothing you can bash the Jags on right now. That team has earned their position unlike a Houston team that should be light years ahead of them. Getting lucky would be throwing a hail marry pass at the end of the game to win against a great team that's been to the post season several times. It's not getting lucky when it's against a team that plays only one half of football every game, always finds epic ways to lose that are unimaginable, and against a team that gets out coached every week.

There is nothing to be happy with when your team is 5-8 in year 5 of a regime of coach/GM that have never proven anything that shouldn't even be working here. That's called a disaster.
Needs to be reposted.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #20
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

Jaguars have a bunch of no name players other than Maurice Jones Drew and yet their coach still manages to make the most out of their opputunity. We have the leagues best wide reciever. the leading rusher, and a pretty good qb and we cant even get above .500 this season.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read