Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Lost the locker room?
Yes....i love the chaos!! 30 65.22%
No...more Kool Aid please and turn carebears back on! 16 34.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2010   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I think Kubiak has finally lost the locker room for some key players.

Was listening to 610 this morning and they had Schaub on. They asked him about the team not running in OT. I think most fans were yelling at the TV about that since there was plenty of time and they were backed up so they should have been running as opposed to when they were down by 14+ late in the game and had no choice but to throw.

I'm glad the guys asked him this.

Schaub responded as quick as possible with a certain pissed tone to his voice that "I just run the plays they call". He repeated this a few times and just made it clear without coming out and saying it that it was assinine not to run in OT and that it was Kubes call.

Plus as others have mentioned Schaub and Kubes seemed to be getting into it on the sidelines. Unfortunately I think a train wreck may be coming and it could get ugly. The good news is that the result of that would be Uncle Bob being forced to make changes.

Do you all think Kubes has officially lost the locker room as of now, 12/14/10??

(THE POLE QUESTIONS ARE ESSENTIALLY SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOU SMILE....NO ONE GET PISSED!!)

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: I think Kubiak has finally lost the locker room for some key players.

LMAO the OP is trying hard to get rid of Kubiak...
Old 12-14-2010   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think Kubiak has finally lost the locker room for some key players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Was listening to 610 this morning and they had Schaub on. They asked him about the team not running in OT. I think most fans were yelling at the TV about that since there was plenty of time and they were backed up so they should have been running as opposed to when they were down by 14+ late in the game and had no choice but to throw.

I'm glad the guys asked him this.

Schaub responded as quick as possible with a certain pissed tone to his voice that "I just run the plays they call". He repeated this a few times and just made it clear without coming out and saying it that it was assinine not to run in OT and that it was Kubes call.

Plus as others have mentioned Schaub and Kubes seemed to be getting into it on the sidelines. Unfortunately I think a train wreck may be coming and it could get ugly. The good news is that the result of that would be Uncle Bob being forced to make changes.

Do you all think Kubes has officially lost the locker room as of now, 12/14/10??
I think players go in and out of loyalties.

I think they switch their loyalties just about as much as you see on here. ONe day they are up, one day they are down. It's however the wind is blowing.

Because check this out: You don't want to be on the wrong side of a failed mutiny. Unless your roster position is locked up and you are exempted from being touched up by a revenge-minded Kubiak after the dust settles and he's still the HC. A few players can do what Schaub did. FEW. The rest are being mindful of how this corporate-minded franchise operates.

Which is why I place the blame on the owner above all else. He's created a sterile, lifeless environment for his team's players. They know that McNair is loyal-to-a-fault with coaches. They see how contract talks flow, even with the BETTER players on this team. So sit back, don't make waves, and ride it out. THAT is the mentality of about 90% of the roster, IMO.

I've been watching this team a long time. I took the bait with David Carr, stood up and defended him, and then finally had the blinders removed during his last season here. I vowed that I wouldn't be "an easy mark" the next time around. That time is here, and I won't be fooled again. I see that we're up against the wall with this owner and this coach. I have the bad feeling that we're going to have to blindly stumble upon the right HC who can get us to the promised land. I don't think it will happen by intentional means, though.
Old 12-14-2010   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do we have to throw these little jabs and back handed insults at other fans?

I disagree with the guys that have a positive outlook on this team, but I understand where they are coming from...

Everyone handles this stuff differently...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Yeah, or he is just reporting what he heard and how it sounded.

The Op can't get rid of a HC. Wisen up there, pal.

At least he offers useful information, instead of mocking and adding nothing to the actual conversation.
Old 12-14-2010   #6
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Why do we have to throw these little jabs and back handed insults at other fans? I disagree with the guys that have a positive outlook on this team, but I understand where they are coming from...

can't we all just get along????

Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

I heard it too. While Schaub didn't snarl the answer, you can tell he was a little annoyed. I think that was as close to throwing Kubes under the bus as you will get from him. As said earlier, you don't want to be on the wrong side of a mutiny or maybe you do (Dunta).
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2010   #8
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol like I have that kind of power.

Listen to the podcast of the interview and make your own judgment, just calling it as I heard it.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 12-14-2010   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Why do we have to throw these little jabs and back handed insults at other fans?

I disagree with the guys that have a positive outlook on this team, but I understand where they are coming from...

The poll questions are meant to be jokes so we can make fun of ourselves....

Old 12-14-2010   #10
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

At least he offers useful information, instead of mocking and adding nothing to the actual conversation.
No shit he can't get rid of the coach. Notice the "lmao" at the start of my reply. If you didn't like my reply, neg rep me and move on with life, son.

Anyway, I didn't hear how Schaub said it, but I can add this much: Schaub always sounds like he's about to sigh or he's not too excited, so him saying "I just do this and that and what the coach tells me" doesn't make me go ape shit. Y'all read too much into words said by these guys.

Its like when people on the radio went nuts after schaub said "we weren't going for the touchdown" vs nyj. Everyone knew what he meant, but since the team lost, it made everyone snarl.
Old 12-14-2010   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The poll questions are meant to be jokes so we can make fun of ourselves....
I only see one view point being "made fun of".

But I wasn't even talking specifically about your thread or poll. I was just talking in general. Fans attacking other fans because of their view point on the team outlook is silly...IMHO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #12
ThaShark316

Quote:
Lol like I have that kind of power.

Listen to the podcast of the interview and make your own judgment, just calling it as I heard it.
Dude, I put the lmao there....I saw the last part of your post...I was going along with you....
Old 12-14-2010   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
No shit he can't get rid of the coach. Notice the "lmao" at the start of my reply. If you didn't like my reply, neg rep me and move on with life, son.

Anyway, I didn't hear how Schaub said it, but I can add this much: Schaub always sounds like he's about to sigh or he's not too excited, so him saying "I just do this and that and what the coach tells me" doesn't make me go ape shit. Y'all read too much into words said by these guys.

Its like when people on the radio went nuts after schaub said "we weren't going for the touchdown" vs nyj. Everyone knew what he meant, but since the team lost, it made everyone snarl.
Try the SARCASM smilie.

Wisen up, will you? Putting LMAO off at the end of something is not exactly a sure-fire way of telling people you are joking. It can easily be understood as being ugly about something.
Old 12-14-2010   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
I only see one view point being "made fun of".

But I wasn't even talking specifically about your thread or poll. I was just talking in general. Fans attacking other fans because of their view point on the team outlook is silly...IMHO.
You're exactly right it is silly.....that's why I want to make fun of it. I'm trying to make fun of both though the carebear one is more obvious. I'm also making fun of myself and others like me with the "i love the chaos" one......none of us want this or love it....but to some it seems like we do.

so trying to make fun of both.

Old 12-14-2010   #15
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Dude, I put the lmao there....I saw the last part of your post...I was going along with you....
Lol....my mistake if that's the case. Sometimes I misread things....just ask the ladies haha.

Old 12-14-2010   #16
ThaShark316

Quote:
Lol....my mistake if that's the case. Sometimes I misread things....just ask the ladies haha.
We all "misremember" around the ladies, man...

That said, are the Texans not the chick that you date...she's sexy, smart, etc...but she says "no NOTHING before marriage"...but teases you anytime she gets...

GP, calm down...make you eat that soap in your avatar.
Old 12-14-2010   #17
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Burn!!!
Old 12-14-2010   #18
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Repped. It's patently obvious if you don't toe the party line around here then it's OK (possibly even encouraged) for the haters gang rape you with no vaseline. Well said, preach on brotha!
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets stay Classy Houston Lets lose with CLass infact i hope we loss out Better draft position

Bench Schaub and PLace AJ on IR Becasue there obvs Dinged up

Lets start building toward teh future
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #20
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Lets stay Classy Houston Lets lose with CLass infact i hope we loss out Better draft position

Bench Schaub and PLace AJ on IR Becasue there obvs Dinged up

Lets start building toward teh future
Do "stay classy" and "I hope we lose" really belong in the same sentence?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read