Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak and Schaub conversation

At some point, the cameras turned to The Texans bench and I saw Kubiak trying to rally the troops and then I saw Matt Schaub giving Kubiak an earful. I'd love to know that that conversation was.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak and Schaub conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
At some point, the cameras turned to The Texans bench and I saw Kubiak trying to rally the troops and then I saw Matt Schaub giving Kubiak an earful. I'd love to know that that conversation was.
Yeah, I saw it. It looked to me as if Schaub was letting Kubiak have it and Kubiak sort of turned his head toward Schaub (but still facing the players on the bench) and was essentially asking Matt to calm down.

I go back and forth with how I feel about Matt Schaub. I do NOT like the way he shorts his throws. It's bad. Real bad. Keep watching and see if you notice this: His passes to the middle of the field are lasers. His passes to the sidelines and to the deep areas of the field are short/weak. QBs have tendencies. They're human and the play to their strengths and try to avoid their weaknesses. I just think there's a problem with how he throws certain passes to certain route areas.

This team plays awesome when it's running and gunning, throwing caution to the wind, and just basically not "over-thinking" things. To me, Kubiak represnts the antithesis of what I just said. He is slow, pragmatic, indecisive, over-analyzing things, etc. He wants a spotless "laboratory" environment out there for his guys.

How can Cowher not be sitting there, and think to himself that he can put those guys in better positions every game? If I am Bill Cowher, I'm contacting McNair and saying "Look, money is not the issue. I've made my money. I see what you've got there. I can take it to the next level. Let's talk about this."

The solution is right there. Waiting.
Old 12-14-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yeah, I saw it. It looked to me as if Schaub was letting Kubiak have it and Kubiak sort of turned his head toward Schaub (but still facing the players on the bench) and was essentially asking Matt to calm down.

I go back and forth with how I feel about Matt Schaub. I do NOT like the way he shorts his throws. It's bad. Real bad. Keep watching and see if you notice this: His passes to the middle of the field are lasers. His passes to the sidelines and to the deep areas of the field are short/weak. QBs have tendencies. They're human and the play to their strengths and try to avoid their weaknesses. I just think there's a problem with how he throws certain passes to certain route areas.

This team plays awesome when it's running and gunning, throwing caution to the wind, and just basically not "over-thinking" things. To me, Kubiak represnts the antithesis of what I just said. He is slow, pragmatic, indecisive, over-analyzing things, etc. He wants a spotless "laboratory" environment out there for his guys.

How can Cowher not be sitting there, and think to himself that he can put those guys in better positions every game? If I am Bill Cowher, I'm contacting McNair and saying "Look, money is not the issue. I've made my money. I see what you've got there. I can take it to the next level. Let's talk about this."

The solution is right there. Waiting.

I get you on Matt Schaub. My deal with him is the leadership part. Sometimes he looks like he's lost and all he does is go to the sideline and then he goes and does something like he did with Kubiak on the sidelines. I think Matt sparked the team right there.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #4
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I get you on Matt Schaub. My deal with him is the leadership part. Sometimes he looks like he's lost and all he does is go to the sideline and then he goes and does something like he did with Kubiak on the sidelines. I think Matt sparked the team right there.
I get that same feeling too. I also have seen him after a play or when he is coming off the field after a play hasn't worked have a look on his face that seems to indicate he was not in agreement that the play he had to call was one he wanted to call.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read