Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2010   #1
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Proud

As upseting as it was to watch us lose the game in overtime... even to watch us as we put ourselves in the situation to have to comback on to lose... I was very pleased and happy with our fight and with the small display of just what the Texans are capable of. Schaub was a True leader last night. I saw Quin with some real attitude. Our regulars stepped to the plate however, others stepped up with them. Iv said it before, I would like to see some change like everyone else... I just hope that it doesnt have to be Kubiak because I LOVE our offense when its clicking and would absolutely HATE to lose the capability. He showed some real creativity last night. And although the defense was absent the 1st half of the game... They stepped up as a team... Hell, Even Frank Bush started dialing it up the way he was suppose to! I truely do see hope for our team in the future so long as we keep important pieces and continue to show fight and improvement... You guys thoughts aboutlast night?
Old 12-14-2010   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Proud

Proud certainly isn't an adjective I'd use to describe that performance last night.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

We lost and are 5-8 and out of the playoffs...again. I don't feel good at all.
Old 12-14-2010   #4
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 5456 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be proud if they were a crappy team who were overacheiving and playing above their head.

As it stands, a should-be decent team that routinely spots the other teams double-digit leads and then happens to turn it on for a quarter or so does not deserve my admiration.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

From reading some of the moral victory posts on this board today, you'd think we were Detroit Lions fans.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
As upseting as it was to watch us lose the game in overtime... even to watch us as we put ourselves in the situation to have to comback on to lose... I was very pleased and happy with our fight and with the small display of just what the Texans are capable of. Schaub was a True leader last night. I saw Quin with some real attitude. Our regulars stepped to the plate however, others stepped up with them. Iv said it before, I would like to see some change like everyone else... I just hope that it doesnt have to be Kubiak because I LOVE our offense when its clicking and would absolutely HATE to lose the capability. He showed some real creativity last night. And although the defense was absent the 1st half of the game... They stepped up as a team... Hell, Even Frank Bush started dialing it up the way he was suppose to! I truely do see hope for our team in the future so long as we keep important pieces and continue to show fight and improvement... You guys thoughts aboutlast night?
It was nice to see our team mount the comeback, but I dont see how you can be proud of our play in the 1st half in all three phases of the game. We arent the rebuilding Rams. We are the Texans who are supposed to be a legit playoff team this year. Another non winning record, and another playoff season without our boys. Disappointing to say the least.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I said this throughout the gameday thread last night.

I will say it again.

There is an Instant Gratification Crowd (IGC) here.

The IGC are swayed by the moment-by-moment evenst that transpire on the screen. If we made it a good game, if we came back from a deficit, and if certain items looked decent, then YAY! things are fine and dandy.

The IGC get goose-bumps when we rally and start the comeback...but they forget that we already know the ending. I'm surprised that we pulled off the Redskins and Raiders games. In essence, as I have also said all season long when it became apparent we were pretenders and not contenders, this team has to have its opponent's wheels fall off in order for the Texans to win.

The Redskins and Raiders are worse than the Texans. The Redskins got away from their gameplan in the 2nd half. The Raiders had receivers dropping passes at critical moments, and their injured QB came back onto the field when he should have stayed out. We won those games because those two teams goofed up and played down to us. Down to our level.

When we face teams who are tougher (mentally) we come close to beating them but cannot beat them.

My first problem is that I truly 100% believe that this coaching staff does not gameplan for each individual opponent. I'm not saying they don't watch film. I am saying that I think we aren't seeing a coaching staff able to identify the areas of the opponent that are most vulnerable and should be exploited. I definitely do not think the defensive coaches are preparing their players appropriately, nor are they putting their guys into position to stand a fighting chance. Young secondary? (sigh) OK, that's a part of it. But good coaching can coach up anything, and this team is not THAT void of talent on both sides of the ball. Not until we are essentially out of the playoff picture do we see Pollard coming on blitzes like he has these past two games. It took THAT long to try this? Okie-dokie. 10-yard cushion on receivers? Laughable.

Secondly, there's a fundamental problem with your coach when you stick with a shanky kicker (Kris Brown) all of last season without bringing in someone to take his place. As head coach, I would have waived Chris Brown the RB and picked up a kicker...then I would keep Kris Brown the kicker ACTIVATED as well as ACTIVATE the new kicker, making Kris Brown sit and watch and attempting to give the new kicker the gameday reps. Without anybody there to help the team out, Kris Brown drowned himself AND this team's playoff hopes. And Kubiak did nothing. He enabled it all. Period. The roster decisions have been dubious. Slow to act, that's the tag I put on Kubiak. Slaton ALL year long as our kickoff returner. Seirously? Wow.

Thirdly, there is a coach out there that I believe has to be sitting and watching our game(s) and thinking to himself, "How is this team NOT 11-2 right now?" We have the tools. But the biggest "tool" of all is the guy managing this whole fiasco right now.

My thoughts on last night's game? Oh, it was splendid. Wonderful! I was ecstatic to see the same thing play out for like, what, the fourth time this season? With the same predictable ending. And the same predictable posts by the same people who are IGC around here.

More, please! (whack!) May I have another? (whack) Thank you. (whack)....
Old 12-14-2010   #8
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
It was nice to see our team mount the comeback, but I dont see how you can be proud of our play in the 1st half in all three phases of the game. We arent the rebuilding Rams. We are the Texans who are supposed to be a legit playoff team this year. Another non winning record, and another playoff season without our boys. Disappointing to say the least.
I pretty sure that ANY and ALL Texans Fans are disappointed as far as seasons go. And once again... NO ONE was happy about that UGLY 1st half. Im simply saying as far as effort goes... It was TOP KNOTCH. They could have EASILY QUITE in this game and on these coaches the way that 1st half was going. I know what the hell we were SUPPOSE to be this year. Hell, I was hoping Super Bowl because lord knows what we COULD do if we actually ever make it to the playoffs. All Im saying is, you throw all the "what we were suppose" to be stuff aside... access the reality of the matter of how we've underachieved and realize this IS who we are THIS YEAR. CHANGE is necessary on defense... But how do you know it will be any better with a different head coach? It wasnt like they had our number or something... We dropped WAY too many balls in the 1st half. Thats not play calling.
Old 12-14-2010   #9
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be really proud to see our team play the first half the same way they play in the 4th quarter down by 2 touchdowns. If that would happen, we wouldn't be down by anything - we would be winning.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #10
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I said it last week and I'll say it again...

I think the light has come on for Glover. He's putting himself in a good position consistently. I haven't seen him get burned in a while. Every corner will give up catches, but he is among those who tackles the receiver immediately or breaks up the pass.

Now if only Kareem could do the same...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #11
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 5456 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I pretty sure that ANY and ALL Texans Fans are disappointed as far as seasons go. And once again... NO ONE was happy about that UGLY 1st half. Im simply saying as far as effort goes... It was TOP KNOTCH. They could have EASILY QUITE in this game and on these coaches the way that 1st half was going. I know what the hell we were SUPPOSE to be this year. Hell, I was hoping Super Bowl because lord knows what we COULD do if we actually ever make it to the playoffs. All Im saying is, you throw all the "what we were suppose" to be stuff aside... access the reality of the matter of how we've underachieved and realize this IS who we are THIS YEAR. CHANGE is necessary on defense... But how do you know it will be any better with a different head coach? It wasnt like they had our number or something... We dropped WAY too many balls in the 1st half. Thats not play calling.
I could refute every point you made, but I'm just tired of re-hashing the same arguments. Bottom line is that you are wrong.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #12
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I said this throughout the gameday thread last night.

I will say it again.

There is an Instant Gratification Crowd (IGC) here.

The IGC are swayed by the moment-by-moment evenst that transpire on the screen. If we made it a good game, if we came back from a deficit, and if certain items looked decent, then YAY! things are fine and dandy.

The IGC get goose-bumps when we rally and start the comeback...but they forget that we already know the ending. I'm surprised that we pulled off the Redskins and Raiders games. In essence, as I have also said all season long when it became apparent we were pretenders and not contenders, this team has to have its opponent's wheels fall off in order for the Texans to win.

The Redskins and Raiders are worse than the Texans. The Redskins got away from their gameplan in the 2nd half. The Raiders had receivers dropping passes at critical moments, and their injured QB came back onto the field when he should have stayed out. We won those games because those two teams goofed up and played down to us. Down to our level.

When we face teams who are tougher (mentally) we come close to beating them but cannot beat them.

My first problem is that I truly 100% believe that this coaching staff does not gameplan for each individual opponent. I'm not saying they don't watch film. I am saying that I think we aren't seeing a coaching staff able to identify the areas of the opponent that are most vulnerable and should be exploited. I definitely do not think the defensive coaches are preparing their players appropriately, nor are they putting their guys into position to stand a fighting chance. Young secondary? (sigh) OK, that's a part of it. But good coaching can coach up anything, and this team is not THAT void of talent on both sides of the ball. Not until we are essentially out of the playoff picture do we see Pollard coming on blitzes like he has these past two games. It took THAT long to try this? Okie-dokie. 10-yard cushion on receivers? Laughable.

Secondly, there's a fundamental problem with your coach when you stick with a shanky kicker (Kris Brown) all of last season without bringing in someone to take his place. As head coach, I would have waived Chris Brown the RB and picked up a kicker...then I would keep Kris Brown the kicker ACTIVATED as well as ACTIVATE the new kicker, making Kris Brown sit and watch and attempting to give the new kicker the gameday reps. Without anybody there to help the team out, Kris Brown drowned himself AND this team's playoff hopes. And Kubiak did nothing. He enabled it all. Period. The roster decisions have been dubious. Slow to act, that's the tag I put on Kubiak. Slaton ALL year long as our kickoff returner. Seirously? Wow.

Thirdly, there is a coach out there that I believe has to be sitting and watching our game(s) and thinking to himself, "How is this team NOT 11-2 right now?" We have the tools. But the biggest "tool" of all is the guy managing this whole fiasco right now.

My thoughts on last night's game? Oh, it was splendid. Wonderful! I was ecstatic to see the same thing play out for like, what, the fourth time this season? With the same predictable ending. And the same predictable posts by the same people who are IGC around here.

More, please! (whack!) May I have another? (whack) Thank you. (whack)....
Lol... This will be fun, I see the "Fire Kubiak Soap" Question for you. Did they have "our number" to you? Was it Kubiaks fault we dropped so many passed when open? As far as defensive scheme goes... thats coaching. However, Is it the coaches fault they couldnt tackle a WATER BUFFALO when given the opportunity? And for the record... Im not happy and havent been happy with our record or defensive performance, but I never was on the "Fire Kubiak" wagon. Im down to fire Frank Bush still but I like Kubiak.
Old 12-14-2010   #13
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

WHY THE HELL DID KUBIAK NOT RUN THE DAMN BALL IN OT!?!?!?! No, I'm not proud. I'm sick of fighting the good fight and coming up short.
Old 12-14-2010   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol... This will be fun, I see the "Fire Kubiak Soap" Question for you. Did they have "our number" to you? Was it Kubiaks fault we dropped so many passed when open? As far as defensive scheme goes... thats coaching. However, Is it the coaches fault they couldnt tackle a WATER BUFFALO when given the opportunity? And for the record... Im not happy and havent been happy with our record or defensive performance, but I never was on the "Fire Kubiak" wagon. Im down to fire Frank Bush still but I like Kubiak.
Tackling and things like go back to coaching..always. Players make plays but practicing in an environment where reps and concentration are key leads to solid play in the games. Kubiak never is prepared to start games. Players are never in position to start games. The same dumb mistakes rear their heads weekly. That comes from practice and game planning...coaching. Also, he picked these guys making the mistakes. 5 years. How can anyone want the guy back. He is barely passable as an OC.

The title of this thread is what is wrong with things around here....proud of what?
Old 12-14-2010   #15
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
I could refute every point you made, but I'm just tired of re-hashing the same arguments. Bottom line is that you are wrong.
Haha, how very high and mighty of you.

Honestly, I'm proud to be a Texans fan. You know what else? I'm in pain and I'm reaching insanity with the way these fools are playing, but I'm still proud to be a fan.

No, it's not the prettiest season we've had. No, we're not playing to our potential. But I've always rooted for the Texans and I most likely always will.

I rooted for them in the 2-14 debaucle. I rooted for them when Kris Brown shanked the field goal against the 49ers. I have nothing personally against the players and the coaches; quite the opposite.

Maybe it's finally becoming detached from this season now that we know we're completely out of the playoff run. Don't get me wrong, I want Kubiak fired, but all the same, I'm proud to be a Texan fan. We lost. Boohoo. Guess what, we're gonna lose again. But last night's game had a lot of personal performances that I feel like I can be proud of, even though we ended up losing.

We can beat up on the team, we can call for the job of the head coach, but are any of you guys really ASHAMED to be a Texans fan?
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #16
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Proud of another mediocre season?

I think not!
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #17
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Hell, did anybody even notice that we would have won the game on the last Touchdown drive Schaub had If we converted the pass were jacoby jones was open in the endzone and dropped the ball, and the pass were Kevin Walter had part of his knee out of bounds in the endzone. Instead, We had to settle for 2 Field goals. That gave us 6 instead of 14 which is why we were down by 8.
Old 12-14-2010   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hell, did anybody even notice that we would have won the game on the last Touchdown drive Schaub had If we converted the pass were jacoby jones was open in the endzone and dropped the ball, and the pass were Kevin Walter had part of his knee out of bounds in the endzone. Instead, We had to settle for 2 Field goals. That gave us 6 instead of 14 which is why we were down by 8.
Lol. You think that the Texans would have played the same way with the lead? If they needed 3 points, they would have played for 3 points. Had they needed 8 points, they would play for 8.

You cant just take what happened and fit it into another scenario!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #19
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was exciting to see my team come back, but I am not proud.
Old 12-14-2010   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Once again, you skew your thought process toward "What if" which is a symptom of IGC.

With IGC, you are ruled by little moments such as what you described.

Well hell, man, "what if" the special teams had not goofed up and had four guys miss a tackle and allow a returned kick for a TD?

"What if" Kubiak/Dennison had kept their cool in OT and put forth a better series of plays than the series of plays that led to THE easiest interception and return for a TD I think I have ever seen in my life? We should have just put in Orlovsky and had him run into the back of the end zone and step on the chalk for the safety. Why even make that poor, tired and exhausted Ravens defensive back have to RUN with the ball to beat us?

You see, there is a part of us that would like to believe that this is certainly not a result of the "core" of our team--the coaches and their philosophies--being inept and unable to do the right things.

Some people (Kubiak) are good at certain things. I have never denied this. But people also have limits. A great coach is a man who surrounds himself with the people who excel in the areas he himself is insufficient in. I have always had the sense that Kubiak is scared to surround himself with capable people because he knows that they could outshine him and get his job. I think Kubiak has a lot of fear. He can't watch critical plays. He sat behind John Elway and probably hasn't fully recovered from that scar, either.

I give up here. I really do. This is painful to sit here and continue to do this.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read