Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2010   #1
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Special teams to blame

Special teams yesterday were horrible. i dont even want to talk about that kick return to start the 2nd half. Rackers missed the field goal that could of won us the game. Turk punted 39 yards when we were deep in our territory. Turk sucks and needs to just retire because all he is doing is giving the opponent excellent field position. Jacoby Jones running backwards on that punt return. Our special team sucks
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Special teams to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanchris View Post
Special teams yesterday were horrible. i dont even want to talk about that kick return to start the 2nd half. Rackers missed the field goal that could of won us the game. Turk punted 39 yards when we were deep in our territory. Turk sucks and needs to just retire because all he is doing is giving the opponent excellent field position. Jacoby Jones running backwards on that punt return. Our special team sucks
I agree overall with your first 2 sentences. Rackers is excellent under 45 yards and horrible beyond 50. Ya just gotta use him that way. Turk rarely has short kicks when he has that kind of room to kick it. I can't fault him for the rare mishap. JJ's going to do that sometimes, but he makes up for it (PR-wise)....as long as he doesn't start fumbling.

The whole team played like crap the first half and I'd point first at JJ and OD for dropping too many passes....and Kubiak, because it's like a broken record.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I agree overall with your first 2 sentences. Rackers is excellent under 45 yards and horrible beyond 50. Ya just gotta use him that way. Turk rarely has short kicks when he has that kind of room to kick it. I can't fault him for the rare mishap. JJ's going to do that sometimes, but he makes up for it (PR-wise)....as long as he doesn't start fumbling.

The whole team played like crap the first half and I'd point first at JJ and OD for dropping too many passes....and Kubiak, because it's like a broken record.
Yes, I'm not putting all the blame on the ST although they are getting the bulk of it. Those receivers didn't come to play in the first half of the game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we trade special teams units we win that game.

Turk gave them consistent short fields. Their punter booted the ball from their side of the field about 10-20 yards deeper than JJ was expecting. Awesome punt.
Old 12-14-2010   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Our return men, both on kick-offs and punts have never had a chance this season. Our blockers are helpless against the opposing gunners. They disrupt the receiver the instant they catch the ball and there is no room to wiggle out before the rest of the coverage team is smothering them.

On Baltimore's punt in OT, JJ was scrambling to no where and ended up getting drug down at the 9 setting up Matt's choke job.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm seeing more and more reasons of why we lost the game. More units to blame, more things having gone wrong.

To me, that screams coaching loud and clear. When you have so many things going wrong that's on the leadership.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read