Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2010   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Even with the dissapointment...

you cannot help but love this team. Being the natural critics that we are as hardcore fans of this team, sometimes we just get so caught up in the moment as we are longing for the day this team becomes a success. Me and a guy i sit nearby at the games were just discussing this tonight, just about how blessed we are to have a team to root for again. This team is full of warriors that just seem either cursed or just not quite ready to make that next step.

This team's success is so close to coming, folks, although it seems like it's never going to get that way. Whether it be by a coaching change or just a few changes in personnel, this team's future is so bright and our favorites like Andre Johnson will get to be in the playoffs sooner rather then later. And it's going to be the sweetest thing ever once we get there.

I doubt this may be the thing all of you want to here out of another heartbreaking loss, but to some it might be of help. For some reason or another, at this moment i'm damn proud to be a Texan!
Old 12-14-2010   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Even with the dissapointment...

I want whatever you're drinking ....
Old 12-14-2010   #3
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 4293 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL @ this thread
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
I want whatever you're drinking ....

must be the kool-aid....those battle red uniforms got to me i guess.
Old 12-14-2010   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

With all due respect, the "we're just blessed to have a team to root for" argument is old and lame. Yep. We got the NFL back. Fine. Now what?

It's time to move past the wonder of seeing an NFL team start from scratch and build an identity. I thought that was the coolest thing ever when they came here. But enough already. Take the training wheels off already.

I think you may have gotten caught up in how much fun games are at Reliant. I was at the game. Reliant is a cool place. But not when we lose.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
With all due respect, the "we're just blessed to have a team to root for" argument is old and lame. Yep. We got the NFL back. Fine. Now what?

It's time to move past the wonder of seeing an NFL team start from scratch and build an identity. I thought that was the coolest thing ever when they came here. But enough already. Take the training wheels off already.

I think you may have gotten caught up in how much fun games are at Reliant. I was at the game. Reliant is a cool place. But not when we lose.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #7
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13099 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
It's time to move past the wonder of seeing an NFL team start from scratch and build an identity.
We are building an identity. One that is most definitely consistent with the Oilers and indeed every major league franchise this city has ever had.

Houston was built on a Karankawa burial ground so we'll just have to deal with it unless we move the entire city west a few miles.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2010   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Now i'm not entirely sure what i was drinking last night
Old 12-14-2010   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I reckon we could go back and find one of these type threads in each of the past 3-4 years. I used to understand how people could feel this way after a season like this, because I was one of them. I think something in my head snapped after the titan MNF game last season. I guess I just want more now. These type of losses no longer make me optimistic anymore. They just piss me off even more, knowing there's talent to play with the best but unable to put them away.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read