Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2010   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Four times the heartbreak

According to the MNF crew the Texans have been down 14 and come back to tie or lead the game late only to lose a heartbreaker four times.

What as fans did we do to deserve this much tragedy in one season?

As bad as our record is I really respect this teams will. They certainly never give up. And the games are fun. Even if I feel like my dog just died after every game.
Old 12-13-2010   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Four times the heartbreak

that's an NFL record BTW...

FML
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep. They are so often so close. I don't know what to say.
Old 12-13-2010   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Yep. They are so often so close. I don't know what to say.
http://emooranges.ytmnd.com/

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
According to the MNF crew the Texans have been down 14 and come back to tie or lead the game late only to lose a heartbreaker four times.

What as fans did we do to deserve this much tragedy in one season?

As bad as our record is I really respect this teams will. They certainly never give up. And the games are fun. Even if I feel like my dog just died after every game.
agreed.. its frustrating as hell and i die a little every week but lesser teams wouldnt mount the comebacks. you def get your moneys worth in entertainment with them anyway. just wish we came out on the right side of em a little more

tonite was killer but im equally proud as well as disappointed after this one. that was an epic 4th quarter effort by the whole team
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

We are good to stay in the games but not good enough to win them

We are bad but not Quite Seahawks or CLE Bad
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #7
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sad and disappointed because of the roller coaster they've put us all through this year. Tonight's game was a perfect similie for this year.
But facts are facts: If not for an absolute monstrosity of a first half...the situation could have been different. Unbelievable....
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2010   #8
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
you def get your moneys worth in entertainment with them anyway.
I'd rather have a season full of boring waste-of-money wins than another "exciting" 8-8 year. I've had enough of those to last a lifetime.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #9
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
I'd rather have a season full of boring waste-of-money wins than another "exciting" 8-8 year. I've had enough of those to last a lifetime.
LOL. Well said.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

The end result notwithstanding, this game has to be one of the most exciting games I've ever watched. Never have I seen such a comeback and NEVER have I seen a defense like the Ravens so gassed and outplayed. They have a good D? Well then we have an outstanding O.

The end result withstanding, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! When will we be able to win those damn close games, when will we be able to do ANYTHING in the first half. I know we kid that we need to score 30 points in order to win, I'll go even further, we need to score at least 4 TD's in the second half to win, because the two first quarters give us nothing.

If Kubiak could do what he does for just one more quarter our record would be VERY different, and that is perhaps my biggest gripe with the Kubiak regime, no sense of urgency until we're down 20 points. I love Kubiak, but this SHOULD be his downfall, his lack of ability to execute.
Old 12-14-2010   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
The end result notwithstanding, this game has to be one of the most exciting games I've ever watched. Never have I seen such a comeback and NEVER have I seen a defense like the Ravens so gassed and outplayed. They have a good D? Well then we have an outstanding O.

The end result withstanding, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! When will we be able to win those damn close games, when will we be able to do ANYTHING in the first half. I know we kid that we need to score 30 points in order to win, I'll go even further, we need to score at least 4 TD's in the second half to win, because the two first quarters give us nothing.

If Kubiak could do what he does for just one more quarter our record would be VERY different, and that is perhaps my biggest gripe with the Kubiak regime, no sense of urgency until we're down 20 points. I love Kubiak, but this SHOULD be his downfall, his lack of ability to execute.
I thought Kubiak called a good creative game tonight. He saw that the defense was on its heels and decided he was going to attack them accordingly by passing the ball. Frank Bush called some plays that looked as if he actually watched game film against the Ravens. Those Pollard blitzes need to be seen more often.

This game was lossed by the receivers and our ST.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

First half ignorence and ST imo, our ST is some of the worst I've ever seen.
Old 12-14-2010   #13
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

HOUSTON -- The Texans ride waves. They crest and, inevitably, they crash.

And because they crest -- as they did with another fantastic second-half comeback -- the crash feels worse. They stumble up from it, struggling to explain the ride.

Matt Schaub threw 62 passes Monday night, pulling Houston back from a three-touchdown deficit to get the Texans into overtime.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-super-mistake
Old 12-14-2010   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I thought Kubiak called a good creative game tonight. He saw that the defense was on its heels and decided he was going to attack them accordingly by passing the ball. Frank Bush called some plays that looked as if he actually watched game film against the Ravens. Those Pollard blitzes need to be seen more often.

I believe Schaub was calling the plays in the hurry up, when our O was most productive and that's what gassed their D. Kubiak made a horrible decision not to run the ball when back up to our goal line in OT. That's on the coach.
Old 12-14-2010   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Not so fast...

Quote:
For the bulk of the night, Schaub was engineering the offense without the benefit of Kubiak in his ear as the headset was down. Schaub pieced together what he could hear with signals and his own thinking.
Old 12-14-2010   #16
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I believe Schaub was calling the plays in the hurry up, when our O was most productive and that's what gassed their D. Kubiak made a horrible decision not to run the ball when back up to our goal line in OT. That's on the coach.
I think that Kubiak made some important calls though. The 4th and short where we went pass was a great call (I sure as heck wouldnt have had the balls to do anything other than run).

He made some poor decisions, and make some good ones - last night's loss wasn't because of the playcalling IMO.
Old 12-14-2010   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Not so fast...
Question is, what part of the evening was Schaub?
Old 12-14-2010   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I think that Kubiak made some important calls though. The 4th and short where we went pass was a great call (I sure as heck wouldnt have had the balls to do anything other than run).

He made some poor decisions, and make some good ones - last night's loss wasn't because of the playcalling IMO.
I think the last two play calls did us in. Why not run Foster right at them? He had been successful and they were gassed and we were backed up, Schaub was dropping back to the goal line.

Why not 3 step drops, quick passing plays, if you must pass it in that situation.
Old 12-14-2010   #19
Gmoney
Rookie

Watching the way the Texans finish football games has brought back the memories of another time in our history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F54rqDh2mWA
Gmoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read