Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-05-2005   #1
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer
Default 2005 schedual and predictions

I was just looking at the upcomming schedual for the Texans and i have to say... it looks pretty promissing. From our division, I figure we'll take atleast 3 of the 6 games. The Texans handed it to The Titans and the Jags last season. If they can do the same this season that's 4 wins. We got Pitsburg at home, which I dont see us winning, but next is cleavland and i think we can take them, we'll call that win #4. Kansas City is next. That one's a toss up. Since we beat them last year i'll call it another win, making it 5 for the season. Arizona should be a win for us too, making it #6. St. Louis will be tough, I'll call that one a loss since they were a playoff team last season. Baltimore wont be any easier, I'll call that one a loss aswell. We got Cinncinatti next and I believe the Texans matchup well against them. I'll call that win #7. Next is Seatle, i'll call this one a loss. Then we have San Fransisco, I pray to god we can chalk this one up for a win, #8. Then finally we have Buffalo, which will be tough, but I say the Texans take it, giving them 9 wins.
If the Texans can win 4 in the division again this comming year it could be a 10 win season. We all know how much things change from season to season. ie: the chargers. But i'm thinking playoffs this year just based on last years performances from each team.
No one really knows. What i do know is all this waiting around for football news is killing me. Im looking foward to the draft, looking foward for madden football to be released for the ps2 and dying for this season to begin.
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

wait... the schedule is out? Was it posted? I know it's....
Quote:
Home - Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Arizona, St. Louis, Kansas City

Away - Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Seattle, Buffalo
It sounded like you knew the order in your post.

Last edited by OzzO; 04-05-2005 at 01:07 PM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #3
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

no.. i dont know the order.. just the games being played.
Old 04-05-2005   #4
Quasimoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
no.. i dont know the order.. just the games being played.

Should have a real shot at the division this yr, provided Carr has someone to throw the ball at..if not..i see a long season.
Old 04-05-2005   #5
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

the only ones i see us losing for sure is at indy and baltimore(though it would be worth it if we broke a huge play on them)
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

We can win any game on the schedule next year...It's not like in years past when we see Indy coming in and write it off as a loss before the game...We definitely won't win every game, but we have a "puncher's chance"...
Old 04-05-2005   #7
gcolby
Veteran

In 2004, we weren't supposed to have a chance in KC; we won.
We weren't supposed to lose to the pitiful Browns at home on the last Sunday of the season; we lost.
We weren't supposed to sweep the Titans or the Jags; we did both.

On any given Sunday, as they say, so please take your talk of 'losing this one for sure' and store it in your south end zone
gcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2005   #8
outofhnd
All Pro

How can we see wins and losses yet?

We havent drafted our rookies, or even seen any preseason to judge talent.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
How can we see wins and losses yet?

We havent drafted our rookies, or even seen any preseason to judge talent.
well considering what we saw last year, with a little more consistency, and some more defensive up grades LB Greenwood and CB sanders, then the draft i think we will be a much better team and can see a 9-11 win season ! But i'm aq homer so what do i know ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Its waaay too early... but right now I have us at 9 wins. Still an improvement.

The key for me is for the Texans to come out of the gate hot this year and get up in the win column early. We cant afford to battle uphill again this year after a weak start and expect to win a playoff spot.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I thought we were gonna play Dallas this season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005   #12
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

We play dallas in the preseason... even though it doesnt count.... it does to everyone in Texas. It'll be fun beating the snot out of them again this year.
Old 04-06-2005   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Man, I thought we were gonna play Dallas this season.

Next year. Going to be absolutely HUGE.
Old 04-06-2005   #14
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
Next year. Going to be absolutely HUGE.
It sure is, Im going to make the short drive out to Texas Stadium covered in Texan gear. WHOS COMING WITH ME!!!
Old 04-07-2005   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
It sure is, Im going to make the short drive out to Texas Stadium covered in Texan gear. WHOS COMING WITH ME!!!

You just tell me where to sign BUD.
Old 04-07-2005   #16
wiley2002
Veteran

Predicting the Texans' season is like trying to predict what's going to happen next on afternoon soap operas.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #17
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

we can guesstimate for now, and after 3 games into the season we'll know where we are heading
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #18
wiley2002
Veteran

But once November and December roll around we will have a better idea of who's in and who's out. Just hope the Texans are on the in list.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #19
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

id say 9 wins is very attainable this year. We have become more consistent year in and year out.. and the lose to the Browns last year was a huge shot in the a**.. reminding us to take very team seriously.

I think we will show more consistency this year.. and I also think we will split wins with the colts (its one of our goals and we have done a pretty good job of reaching our goals every season)

Home -
Indianapolis, Win!!
Jacksonville, Win!!
Tennessee, Win!!
Cleveland, Win!!
Pittsburgh, Loss
Arizona, Win!!
St. Louis, Win!!
Kansas City, Loss

Away -
Indianapolis, Loss
Jacksonville, Loss
Tennessee, Win!!
Baltimore, Loss
Cincinnati, Win!!
San Francisco, Win!!
Seattle, Win!!
Buffalo, Loss

thats 10 - 6 WOO!!

Every year we have also won at least one game we werent supposed to.. and lost one game we were supposed to win. SO!.. look for us to beat Pittsburgh and lose to San Francisco

those are my predictions. In the end.. I think we will tie for second with Jacksonville.... whether or not we get the wildcard though.. I dunno.. I think there will probably be another 10-6 team.. maybe two.. in the AFC. So who gets the tie breaker? *shrug*. I think we need to really try and win that Baltimore game cause its likely (at this point) that they will be second place in their division behind the Steelers.. and could very well be a 10-6 team.. so beating them would be a tie breaker for us. Yes i know.. im predicting way to much with way too little info.. its the offseason ..gimme a break.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #20
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I'm just curious...I know the Texans SHOULD beat Cincinatti and Cleveland, but WILL they? If I remember correctly, the Texans haven't beaten either one of them yet, even though they should have. I won't even try to guess who we will or won't beat or lose to this season, because I really don't know which team will show up. Will it be the team that showed up for the Cleveland game, or will it be the team that showed up for the Jaguar shutout? Who knows?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read