Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Since we are talking about firing people....

Just remembered that I haven't posted about this and haven't seen it on here but if we are talking about firing anyone, I definetly want Orlovsky gone.

You mean to tell me that you are a backup QB in the NFL and are looking to one day be a starting QB in the NFL and yet you don't have your helmet on or with you when your number is called? That's the last thing I want to see from my backup. Sage gave us a copter and choke artist show but he was always ready to go and in most cases would come in and look as if he had been practicing like he was going to start.

I can't ever recall Oliver Luck, Cody Carlson or even Brent Pease (yeah, I go back that far) ever misplacing their helmet and having to borrow a receivers helmet. Not even David Carr did this.

I would like to see us draft a "QB of the future" instead of this POS. What a very stupid signing.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Since we are talking about firing people....

I think that had to do more with the people in charge of the equipment than Orlovsky.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't if you had your helmet with you.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #4
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Just remembered that I haven't posted about this and haven't seen it on here but if we are talking about firing anyone, I definetly want Orlovsky gone.

You mean to tell me that you are a backup QB in the NFL and are looking to one day be a starting QB in the NFL and yet you don't have your helmet on or with you when your number is called? That's the last thing I want to see from my backup. Sage gave us a copter and choke artist show but he was always ready to go and in most cases would come in and look as if he had been practicing like he was going to start.

I can't ever recall Oliver Luck, Cody Carlson or even Brent Pease (yeah, I go back that far) ever misplacing their helmet and having to borrow a receivers helmet. Not even David Carr did this.

I would like to see us draft a "QB of the future" instead of this POS. What a very stupid signing.
That you know of, back then they didn't have cameras on every player for every down and every play....But I still see your point

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hummmm! What did that ONE play with a borrowed helmet net us? Yippers, a first down and a LONG ass run by AF!! Give the man a borrowed helmet anyday. JMO!! Besides, isn't this the first down O has played this year? Watch the sidelines of other teams. RARELY do you see the backup with his helmet on. He carries a clipboard and sometimes wears headphones. Lots of activity on the sidelines. Easy for a helmet to get moved. BTW: I'm not a huge O fan so I'm not defending him. Just expressing an opinion!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #6
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares about the helmets? Seriously. Wow.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Who cares about the helmets? Seriously. Wow.
The helmet thing is actually kind of funny considering how our season is going. Like you, I'm not taking it seriously.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a big deal at all.

This isn't high school where you're expected to carry your helmet at all times.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

You mean to tell me that you are a backup QB in the NFL and are looking to one day be a starting QB in the NFL and yet you don't have your helmet on or with you when your number is called? That's the last thing I want to see from my backup.

First, I think Kubiak is fairly confident that Schaub is the QB of the future for this team. So I wouldn't expect him to fill the spot other than with "flyers" & that sort of thing. Why pay those guys $3mill a year, I don't know.

Second, I'm usually not for firing a guy. There is a whole gamut of options available to hold a guy accountable before he has to lose his job. But in this instance, Kickers are supposed to kick, that's their only job.... Back-up QBs are supposed to be ready... that's it. Then it was on National TV... Prime Time... & you've got Lienart sitting on the bench....

I didn't expect to see him still on the roster.

Old 12-13-2010   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Not a big deal at all.

It's my perception, that back-up QBs either have their helmets on, or a headset on.

& when you see the starting QB slow to get up.......

WTF are you doing if you aren't looking for your helmet?
Old 12-13-2010   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Not a big deal at all.

We were not allowed to even remove our helmets at any time during a game or practice. We were expected to wear them at all times. Texas summers FTW!
Old 12-13-2010   #12
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Orlovsky's helmet is kept separate from the rest of the team's, due
to the transmitter quarterbacks wear. He wasn't aware of that, and
no one reminded him of it in time.
Old 12-13-2010   #13
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

there was this one chick at the concession stands who didn't put enough cheese on my nachos. she should def be fired. unacceptable.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Orlovsky's helmet is kept separate from the rest of the team's, due
to the transmitter quarterbacks wear. He wasn't aware of that, and
no one reminded him of it in time.
That's the biggest concern for me. If we were driving to score or comeback at the end of the game, wearing a TE helmet could have been detrimental. You don't want to add any more variables than you have to, and using a time out to find the helmet would suck.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57304 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

The backup has a speaker in his helmet too, right? DanO doesn't listen in on the play calling to keep up with the flow of the game in case he does have to go in?* I mean, he still has a job to do even though he doesn't get on the field, right? He's not supposed to just hit the sidelines on Sundays and take in the atmosphere until his number's called.

(*Disclaimer - Considering the play calling sometimes, I could understand why he's not listening)

That said, I certainly have no idea what they do on the sidelines, how they keep into the game or any of that. But if you are always, ALWAYS one play away from going in, I think I'd at least know where my helmet was. You know, the one with the speaker in it.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
there was this one chick at the concession stands who didn't put enough cheese on my nachos. she should def be fired. unacceptable.
That is total BS!! She should've been fired on the spot!!
Old 12-13-2010   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Calm down Bill - it's not a euphemism. He's actually talking about nachos!
Old 12-13-2010   #18
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I hate it when I get a beer and the clerk looks at me and expects a tip. So, my response to them is, "Here's a tip for ya, charge less for beer!".
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The girl at Cuervo Cantina should be fired for not making my drinks strong enough.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I hate it when I get a beer and the clerk looks at me and expects a tip. So, my response to them is, "Here's a tip for ya, charge less for beer!".
They don't set the prices. I think you're punishing the wrong people.

I used to work for tips and dealing with responses like yours while I'm barely putting food in my kid's mouth... just makes my day.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read