Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-05-2005   #1
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 3952 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade Ragone

Ok, I know that this is a bit premature, but much to my wife's chargrin, that's just me.

With Banks signed and another development QB on the roster, could it be time to move Ragone? I realize he hasn't done much, but he does have two years of learning a pro offense, physical talent, some scrambling ability, etc.

If Dave has a solid European tour and so far, so good, could we get value for him in the draft? Maybe a trade up scenario, w/say CLEV, ARZ or maybe a trade up--our 2nd + Ragone for GB #1 & 4th (2006).

Thoughts?
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Yeah considering i dont think he will ever be much use for the Texans i would trade him, plus if Carr goes down would you rather Banks or Ragone go in. Well Banks knows how to win games and we have BJ who we are developing into a NFL QB. So i would try to get something for Ragone to help other aspects of our team !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you expect to get for Ragone?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Who would want him? Honestly.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

well considering he hasnt shown anyone what he can really do, and i doubt to many teams would give up much for him "nothing". But it would be nice to get a few late round draft picks for him, cause with carr as our guy Ragone will never have much of a shot to show what he can do,,,unless Carr goes down which i HOPE NEVER happens.

And this is just talk we are all tired of the off season let us speculate !
Old 04-05-2005   #6
KingRat
Rookie

Default rubber biscuit

not sure your gonna get much for him, it's not like he's competing with Carr, or Banks for playing time, might as well keep working with him, no reason to scrap a project that may be just starting to develop
KingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

ok lets say i have 2 bikes,,,the first bike (carr) is all ready to go but it has some bad tires (o-line),,,and the second bike (ragone) is missing a chain, pedal, and handle bars,,,,,,wouldnt you wanna trade the (second) bike off to maybe get some good tires (o-line) for the first bike (carr).

Sorry guys terrible metaphor , but it works !
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2005   #8
KingRat
Rookie

Default training wheels

sounds like both bikes need good tires ( o-line ), if Ragone is still a work in progress, fix him up to be a back up bike. That's the plan, right?
Old 04-05-2005   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeah i see what ur saying but why not try to help the bike that is already in good shape by trading the not so good bike for some (draft picks) extra tires,,,but i still doubt to many teams will give up much or anything for Ragone, its not like he has had much of a chance to impress anyone, and i'm hoping NFL Europe will make his value go up just a little !
Old 04-05-2005   #10
KingRat
Rookie

Default chatter

yeah, this thread is just trading cards in the spokes, Ragone won't get us a valve stem.
Old 04-05-2005   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Rohan Davey was originally a 4th round pick. Supposedly after his performance last year in Europe, their asking price is a 1st rounder for him. Ragone will need to go through the entire season in Europe and do well like Davey did to have any value that is a return on the 3rd round pick invested in him.
Old 04-05-2005   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Can anyone ride a unicycle?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

"Ragone, who threw with a strong, accurate arm, led his offense to scores in each of his first three possessions as the Thunder led 17-0 before halftime. His lone blemish was an interception that was called back due to a pass interference penalty. Ragone finshed his NFLe debut with a stellar 107.0 quarterback rating."

"Ragone, who finished the game completing 16 of his 23 pass attempts for 179 yards and a touchdown. Ragone also rushed twice for 16 yards."

http://www.houstonprofootball.com
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Rohan Davey was originally a 4th round pick. Supposedly after his performance last year in Europe, their asking price is a 1st rounder for him. Ragone will need to go through the entire season in Europe and do well like Davey did to have any value that is a return on the 3rd round pick invested in him.

well hopefully ragone will do just that, i dont keep up with NFL Europe so i will just have to read what yall say on him and how he's doing !

But its good to speculate,,make off season go by faster and believe me it cant go by fast enough !
Old 04-05-2005   #15
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
yeah i had one when i was like 14 and got pretty good on it, prolly couldnt now but they are really fun to ride though !
Old 04-05-2005   #16
KingRat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
tried once, at my 21st birthday party, but VERY drunk at the time. ended up rolling around in the snow
Old 04-05-2005   #17
z0rpAn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to z0rpAn Send a message via MSN to z0rpAn Send a message via Yahoo to z0rpAn

if ragone has a good nflel season, we should keep him, who knows how long banks will be around
z0rpAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #18
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

In my NFL 2K5 game, I traded Ragone for Billy Volek. There wasn't really a need for a trade since I had already traded David Carr and a 1st round pick to the Falcons for Michael Vick. Didn't need the 1st round pick b/c I wasn't gonna play thru the game that long. Texans ended up Super Bowl Champions.

I think Ragone has a chance to develop as a good QB. He should have a great year in NFL Europe. If the Texans don't want him, and he DOES have a good NFL Europe season, he can be used in a good trade.
Old 04-05-2005   #19
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Yeah aren't we in QB overkill here??? Seems we have more then we need...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #20
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Banks is getting old and can't be considered the long term back up to Carr and with the limited work Symons has been seeing he won't be a viable option as a back up for a couple more years. Might as well let Ragone develop and keep him around in case the unthinkable were to happen. That is unless some kind of unbelieveable offer is made for him, but that won't happen after one NFLE game. People need to come back to reality.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read