Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-11-2010   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will Texans' Foster be looking at the kind of deal Chiefs gave Charles ?fs

The Kansas City Chiefs have reached agreement with running back Jamaal Charles on a five-year, $32.5 million deal that includes $13 million guaranteed, according to a league source.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5909051
&&
I'd say yes if they hadn't spent a 2nd round pick this year on another running back.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #2
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will Texans' Foster be looking at the kind of deal Chiefs gave Charles ?fs

Foster has been very good, but so has everyone else we've put back there(5.0 Foster, 6.1 Ward, 4.9 Slaton). With Denny here I think we're more likely to trade him for an important piece(think Portis for Champ) than to tie up a lot of money at a position that this scheme views as plug and play.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #3
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will Texans' Foster be looking at the kind of deal Chiefs gave Charles ?fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Foster has been very good, but so has everyone else we've put back there(5.0 Foster, 6.1 Ward, 4.9 Slaton). With Denny here I think we're more likely to trade him for an important piece(think Portis for Champ) than to tie up a lot of money at a position that this scheme views as plug and play.
After investing a second round pick in this years Draft on a back, I got reservations about you're theory that the Texans view that position as
"plug and play" ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
I'd say yes if...
I'd say yes, without the if.

Quote:
With Denny here I think we're more likely to trade him for an important piece(think Portis for Champ) than to tie up a lot of money at a position that this scheme views as plug and play.
Foster should be here long after this scheme is gone.
Old 12-12-2010   #5
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why would we trade away our best player? Should we get rid of Andre Johnson too?

Come on...Foster is one of the lone bright spots of this underachieving team.
Old 12-12-2010   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we are notorious for rewarding great players early in their career.

I think they get 100 tokens to Dave & Busters. Grandpa Bob is good to his grandkids.

Let's just sit and watch and see how the awesome Texans handle this situation. I don't think this team has a plug-and-play scheme. I think they do a good job of blocking, but it requires a helluva' runner with great vision and even better moves to make it look as good as Foster has made it look.

Color me surprised if Foster gets a new deal here after this season.
Old 12-12-2010   #7
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well, we are notorious for rewarding great players early in their career.

I think they get 100 tokens to Dave & Busters. Grandpa Bob is good to his grandkids.

Let's just sit and watch and see how the awesome Texans handle this situation. I don't think this team has a plug-and-play scheme. I think they do a good job of blocking, but it requires a helluva' runner with great vision and even better moves to make it look as good as Foster has made it look.

Color me surprised if Foster gets a new deal here after this season.
It should be a lot easier when Rick Smith is gone. Hopefully, he'll be gone.
Old 12-12-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

With Foster being as young as he is and it being so early in his career, I would be surprised if they didn't re-sign him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
It should be a lot easier when Rick Smith is gone. Hopefully, he'll be gone.
Well, my theory is that Rick Smith is not going to be gone.

I think McNair really really likes the guy.

So, I won't get my hopes up about it.

I noticed espn is reporting that the Broncos are at least in some sort of thought process about having John Elway join the Broncos. It would be OK with me if Rick Smith and Kubiak returned to Denver to rebuild that team.

I have a feeling Elway is going to want Tebow to be Elway in Denver. Just a hunch. The last time they had a mobile QB there, it worked out pretty well.

Mike Leach is being linked to Denver, believe it or not. While it's only a rumor, it causes one to perk up and pay attention when you consider Tebow ran a spread-type offense in Florida. Add Elway to the mix, and it's not too far-fetched to see a guy like Leach come in and work with one of the most prolific college QBs (Tebow) of all time. Of course, I think Leach didn't take too kindly to pansy Christians at TTU--He didn't out-and-out hate them, but he did have several confrontations with his players about (a) huddling up with the opponent after games and praying, and (b) talking a good talk, as a Christian, but then not walking the walk. So...there's an issue there with that probability of Leach being the HC. Plus, he's unproven in the NFL and ran a gimmick offense at Tech. I give it a slim chance.

Kubiak gives Denver the best chance at becoming respectable again.

Then, they can enjoy hitting the ceiling and going no further than 9-7. And every time we play the Broncos, our players will OWN the Broncos. Because we know Kubiak like the backs of our hands.

If Elway joins the Broncos, I think the Kubiak-to-Denver rumors gain momentum.
Old 12-13-2010   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Why would we trade away our best player? Should we get rid of Andre Johnson too?

Come on...Foster is one of the lone bright spots of this underachieving team.
What if Foster could get you...Elvis Dummerville? How does that sound?
Old 12-13-2010   #11
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True, but only IF we're keeping Kubiak. Otherwise who knows WHAT scheme we'll be in 2 years down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'd say yes, without the if.

Foster should be here long after this scheme is gone.
Agreed, but if Kubes' is still here, he's trade bait.
Old 12-13-2010   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Kubiak gives Denver the best chance at becoming respectable again.

Then, they can enjoy hitting the ceiling and going no further than 9-7. And every time we play the Broncos, our players will OWN the Broncos. Because we know Kubiak like the backs of our hands.

If Elway joins the Broncos, I think the Kubiak-to-Denver rumors gain momentum.
The difference is, 9-7 is enough to win the AFC West at least every other year. 9-7 could be considered successful in that division, but it isn't in the AFC South where you need to win at least 11 games to have a shot at the title.
Old 12-13-2010   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
The Kansas City Chiefs have reached agreement with running back Jamaal Charles on a five-year, $32.5 million deal that includes $13 million guaranteed, according to a league source.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5909051
&&
I'd say yes if they hadn't spent a 2nd round pick this year on another running back.
Not this season. He will be an exclusive rights free agent next season which means he will either (i) sign the 1 year tender offer that the Texans WILL extend him or (ii) sit out for the season. He has no rights to talk to other teams.

Will be interesting to watch this transpire, especially if he performs next season as well as he has this season. Assuming he does and the Texans want him here, I would think a deal similar to Charles' will be made.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
The difference is, 9-7 is enough to win the AFC West at least every other year. 9-7 could be considered successful in that division, but it isn't in the AFC South where you need to win at least 11 games to have a shot at the title.
Not this year and not this AFC South!
Old 12-14-2010   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Is foster really this good or just a flash in da pan

He did get shut down Today and to the giants and Dallas has well has prob others

is really just a plug in play

We do got Ben Tate coming back next year

THere is alot to think about IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

He did get shut down Today and to the giants and Dallas has well has prob others

What? What? What? WHAT?

Is this serious?

100 yards is being shut down?!?!

Well damn, i hope he gets shut down every game

Words just could never describe the failure of this post.
Old 12-14-2010   #17
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

20 carries for 100 yards averaging 5 yards a carry isn't getting shutdown, especially against the Ravens defense which doesn't give up many yards on the ground.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm having a really hard time believing you are a real person and not some sort of internet chat bot made for forums.
Old 12-14-2010   #19
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm having a really hard time believing you are a real person and not some sort of internet chat bot made for forums.
I think you are on to something here. Or in bot speak: "I tink you no some ting IMO."
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #20
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Quote:

Translation:
Quote:
Is Foster a one-year wonder? He got shut down today by the Ravens; he also got shut down by the Giants and Dallas. Is he a product of the system?

However, we do get Ben Tate back next year. His performance might indicate Foster's future with this team
My response:

No, I don't believe Foster is a one-year wonder. His vision, deceptive speed and elusiveness is what makes him a great back.

He didn't get shut down by the Ravens. He averaged 5 ypc against a very GOOD defense.

Rick Smith, please re-sign Foster. Oh wait, whoever our future GM will be, please resign Foster. I'm optimistic. What can I say?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read