Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-11-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Will Muschamp Out To Coach Florida

Per ESPN.
Old 12-11-2010   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will Muschamp Out To Coach Florida

Associated Press is reporting it too.

Rough season for longhorn fans. I feel their domination in the Big 12 is over. A&M coming on strong, shift in the powers.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I am shocked.
Old 12-11-2010   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

Rough season for longhorn fans. I feel their domination in the Big 12 is over. A&M coming on strong, shift in the powers.
Texas isn't going anywhere. They still get top recruiting classes year after year......all they had was a down year. They have been so consistently good that when they have one bad year everybody acts like it's doom and gloom when it's not.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #5
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet we wanted more of a say in who the Offensive Coordinator was(as he was the COW) and did not get to offer more input.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

We can only hope.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
We can only hope.

Like my grandfather used to say...... **** in one hand and want in the other and see which one fills up faster.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2010   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

This is ****in ridiculous.
Old 12-11-2010   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Brown should leave while things are going down hill.
Old 12-11-2010   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny thing is that all those same sources were reporting earlier today, that Bob Stoops was going to Florida. I'll believe it when I see ink on a contract. Call me a cynic, but whatever.
Old 12-11-2010   #11
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well the Chronic is reporting it now.

Link Here
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Well the Chronic is reporting it now.

Link Here
That does for me. Turth. LOL
Old 12-11-2010   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, sounds good to me. Looks like the Aggies will gig 'em next year too
Old 12-11-2010   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

I am a little mad about this being a UT supporter somewhat.
Old 12-11-2010   #15
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not recall the "head coach in waiting" angle being tried by any team before the Texas Longhorns. It was a nice superficial effort, but clearly the results are in and this sort of posturing is as lacking in substance as many initially feared that it would be.

In any case, Will Muschamp was a stellar defensive coordinator for the Texans Longhorns who is certainly worthy of being considered as one of the premier head coaching candidates in the NCAA. This is a great opportunity for him and his family that is well deserved. I wish him the best.

I just hope that Mack Brown can replace both Will Muschamp and Offensive Coordinator Greg Davis with someone who is comparable in quality with Will Mushcamp, who unlike Greg Davis was truly exceptional with regards to his overall accomplishments at the University of Texas.

Good luck, Will.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I do not recall the "head coach in waiting" angle being tried by any team before the Texas Longhorns. It was a nice superficial effort, but clearly the results are in and this sort of posturing is as lacking in substance as many initially believed feared that it was.

In any case, Will Muschamp was a stellar defensive coordinator for the Texans Longhorns who is certainly worthy of being considered as one of the premier head coaching candidates in the NCAA. This is a great opportunity for him and his family that is well deserved. I wish him the best.

And I hope that Mack Brown can replace both him and Offensive Coordinator Greg Davis with someone who is comparable in ability with Will Mushcamp, who unlike Greg Davis, was exceptional in his overall accomplishments at the University of Texas.

Good luck, Will.
I agree Mojo.
Old 12-11-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25261 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do not recall the "head coach in waiting" angle being tried by any team before the Texas Longhorns. It was a nice superficial effort, but clearly the results are in and this sort of posturing is as lacking in substance as many initially feared that it would be.

I just hope that Mack Brown can replace both Will Muschamp and Offensive Coordinator Greg Davis with someone who is comparable in quality with Will Mushcamp, who unlike Greg Davis was truly exceptional with regards to his overall accomplishments at the University of Texas.

Good luck, Will.
Didn't Florida State do the head coach in waiting bit?
Old 12-11-2010   #18
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 37686 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Didn't Florida State do the head coach in waiting bit?
Yeah, but Bowden was already older than dirt.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25261 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Yeah, but Bowden was already older than dirt.
Sorry, I didn't see that clarifier in there...
Old 12-11-2010   #20
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good luck, Will.
Florida State had one in Jimbo Fisher. In 2007 Fisher became the CIW to Bobby Bowden. Bowden retired last December. So, this was Fisher's first full year as coach. So, Fisher was CIW for 2 years.

That said, I would like to see Boise State OC Bryan Harsin come in as the new OC (#2 scoring offense in the country) and for Mack to go out and hire TCU DC Dick Bumpas to be the DC (#1 in points in points surrendered on Defense).
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read