Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-05-2005   #21
Texansbacker
Veteran

It is hard to judge quarterbacks purely based on their physical skills since so much other comes into play such as personality, leadership, intelligence etc.

For my money I would take Tom Brady. Look at the winner of the last SuperBowls. Tom Brady, Brad Johnson, Kurt Warner...................... and none of those guys are known for their foot speed.

Everyone says that Vick is going to change the game but that will not happen until he is so fast that he can outrun a football being shot out of a cannon and his health will always be a concern. I wonder how many hits were taken by Vick compared to less mobile quarterbacks who throw the ball away instead of run?

My money is on Carr.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #22
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
Am I the only one who thinks Vick is over rated? The guy has a hard time throwing the ball to anything but a tight end! If you shut down his running game, he is screwed. It would be fun to watch him try and throw td passes to Mark Bruener.
If it was as simple as that to beat Vick then why has he made it to the playoffs two years? If all they have to do is shut down the running game.

And he wouldnt have to throw the ball to Mark, he would just juke 3-4 guys and run it in.

You can think Vick is overrated. That is your opinion. But when he is on the field, he gives the Falcons a great chance to win every game.

My point is they are making it into the playoffs. And its not because of their great WR's.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #23
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
If it was as simple as that to beat Vick then why has he made it to the playoffs two years? If all they have to do is shut down the running game.

And he wouldnt have to throw the ball to Mark, he would just juke 3-4 guys and run it in.

You can think Vick is overrated. That is your opinion. But when he is on the field, he gives the Falcons a great chance to win every game.

My point is they are making it into the playoffs. And its not because of their great WR's.

well if them making it to the playoffs is not because of their WRs i guess the falcons not making it to the super is BECAUSE of micheal vick. Well if its vick who wins than its vick who losses isnt much of a team with him it seems !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #24
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I don't think Vick is overrated. They win games with him in the lineup, and they lose without him. Just look at the percentages of wins with and without him over the past 4 seasons. It is very enlightening.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Vick would have been a Texan. I'm happy the way it turned out however. I believe that while Vick may be more gifted physically than David Carr the Texans will go further with Carr.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #26
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I think a big reason the Falcons made the playoffs this season is their defense. You can't argue with Vick's results though, the Falcons have shown they are a super bowl contender with him, and a door mat without him. He has a good supporting cast, but he's probably more crucial to his team than any other player in the NFL. That's a good thing for Vick, it shows how great of a player he is, it's a bad thing for the Falcons, who seem inept without one player in a 'team' sport.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #27
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
well if them making it to the playoffs is not because of their WRs i guess the falcons not making it to the super is BECAUSE of micheal vick.
This is the most ridiculous comment ive seen in awhile.

Alot of great players havent been in the superbowl, and will never make it to the superbowl.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2005   #28
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

If Michael Vick gets drafted by the Texans, then I could see a variation of what happened to Akili Smith. I think Vick going to Atlanta was the best for him.
Old 04-05-2005   #29
Civil
Rookie

Vick is certainly an exciting player to watch, however I wouldn't want him leading my team for the simple fact that he's a run first QB.

Atlanta spent all that money bringing in Price and Vick couldn't even get him the ball. lol
Civil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #30
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
YodAa, I love your avatar!
Thanks I like yours too, specially the "The Dream" part of it! I really think that if we would have had Vick we would still be in a similar place to where we are now but the cool thing about Carr is that he feels more like a leader to me and also cause he can run the ball too if he has to!( Green Bay game is a good EX)
Old 04-05-2005   #31
Shamrock
Rookie

Default New rumor about Mike Vick

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/ind...howtopic=80536

*edit*
Apparently, that thread got deleted. What is said was that the local TV stations in Atlanta are reporting that Vick is getting sued by a lady for giving her herpes.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html

Last edited by Shamrock; 04-05-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #32
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock
...Vick is getting sued by a lady for giving her herpes.
Charming, absolutely charming.

I'm thinking I prefer the QB we got.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #33
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I'm thinking I prefer the QB we got.
I'm very happy with the one we have. But you have to admit it...Ron Mexico is very good football player.
Old 04-05-2005   #34
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I am like a lot of us. Back when Vick was still playing college ball I was hoping he would stay around for another year so we could draft him. My dislike for Vick started when he came out early because he was affraid to play for us. He was scared he would get beat up like what eventually happened to David. As it stands now I would take David Carr over Vick any day hands down. Vick is an above average RB and a bellow average QB. Sure he can throw it 80 yards down field but nobody will be around to catch it. His arm may be like a cannon but he dosen't always get it where he needs to. Also don't forget what QB led the AFC in rushing last year.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #35
TexansCanes
All Pro

the reason he only throws it to his te is because price is terrible not to mention the rest of the wr. that might be one of the worst personel moves in the last couple of years, a blind man could have seen price wasn't a number one wr. i will ask a question, do you think vick would have started right away because he didn't start till years two in atl?
Old 04-05-2005   #36
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is that I am glad we have Carr and not Vick...
Old 04-05-2005   #37
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Michael Vick or David Carr......Carr, this is stupid!
Carr can make plays with his feet and he is a better pure passer.

But Vick is the best athlete in the league, the guy needs to play tailback!

Much like Vince Young for UT. They are amazing athletes but are playing the wrong position to get the most out of their ability.

I'd rather have Carr because he is the better fit for an NFL style passing offense. Vick has done a great job of getting to the playoffs and winning, but they need to get the passing game to work to get to and/or win a Super Bowl. Vick wouldn't have fit our offense anyway...Carr was the right pick.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #38
outofhnd
All Pro

Vick would be the best QB in the league if the NFL was still running the single wing offense.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #39
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
This is the most ridiculous comment ive seen in awhile.

Alot of great players havent been in the superbowl, and will never make it to the superbowl.

how do u figure its the most ridiculous ?? Sure they won a few games without the help of their recievers but the team would be much more dangerious knowing that vick is a threat on the ground and through the air, and maybe if the WRs had been involved the Falcons could have went farther in the post season last year than they did ! Thats all i was saying !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005   #40
Civil
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
the reason he only throws it to his te is because price is terrible not to mention the rest of the wr. that might be one of the worst personel moves in the last couple of years, a blind man could have seen price wasn't a number one wr. i will ask a question, do you think vick would have started right away because he didn't start till years two in atl?
Peerless is far from terrible. None of the Falcon receivers (including Crumpler or Dunn) had more than 50 receptions despite running a west coast style offense. Even the Charger WR's surpassed 50 receptions with Drew Brees at the helm.

Don't get me wrong, Price is certainly not worth the $7 million per and huge signing bonus, but he wasn't really given an opportunity to shine in Atlanta with Vick struggling to learn the new system.
Civil is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read